Wentworth (remake of Prisoner: Cell Block H) on Channel 5 (Spoilers in tags)

Comments

• SalfordPrincessSalfordPrincess Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    I am 36 so never watched the original series although my OH did and hes only a year older.So for me watching this series there is no confusion with the other characters and I have loved every episode so far.For me my fave characters are the gorgeous Frankie,Lizzie,Jacs(want to slap her so much),Boomber and even Vera.Wasnt sure about Bea but after the episode with the scene where she took the call from her ex about her Daughter Deb and fell to the floor and howled,well that nailed it for me,i was an absolute mess and am rooting for Bea all the way.Cant wait for the new series
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am 36 so never watched the original series although my OH did and hes only a year older.So for me watching this series there is no confusion with the other characters and I have loved every episode so far.For me my fave characters are the gorgeous Frankie,Lizzie,Jacs(want to slap her so much),Boomber and even Vera.Wasnt sure about Bea but after the episode with the scene where she took the call from her ex about her Daughter Deb and fell to the floor and howled,well that nailed it for me,i was an absolute mess and am rooting for Bea all the way.Cant wait for the new series

The soap was rerun in the early '90s, and then again around 2000 on Channel 5 through the morning. I didn't watch it when it was first shown.
  • hopwoodlhopwoodl Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm 38 and used to watch late on a Friday night after the pub in the 90's!
  • SalfordPrincessSalfordPrincess Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    hopwoodl wrote: »
    I'm 38 and used to watch late on a Friday night after the pub in the 90's!
    Now you mention it I seem to remember getting in slightly drunk and watching an episode with my Dad and us both being in hysterics at a corny episode where someone was threatening one of the main characters with an obvious cardboard knife! (no offence to all the PCBH fans:o)
  • triton333triton333 Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mistygal wrote: »
    Why did Bea press the alarm after stabbing Jacqs? Is Jacqs assumed dead? Did Bea press it to alert help for Jacqs or attention from the other inmates of what she had done?

I'm not sure we know. Maybe it was Bea's way of announcing that the queen is dead and the inmates' world has turned upside down. Rules about buttons have been overtaken by events. Or it might be a symbol of the growth of Bea over the series, that no longer will she be pushed around and meekly do what she's told by others. It was so right for her to press it at the very end of the series after frightened Bea was warned in ep. 1 by Liz,, "Don't ever press it."
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can buy Prisoner Cell Block H on DVD. Its released on boxsets in volumes of 32 episodes well worth checking out you are new to the world of Wentworth.
  • DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can buy Prisoner Cell Block H on DVD. Its released on boxsets in volumes of 32 episodes well worth checking out you are new to the world of Wentworth.

The complete boxset is £738,99 :eek: on Amazon - or I believe all the episodes can be viewed on YouTube.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DJW13 wrote: »
    The complete boxset is £738,99 :eek: on Amazon - or I believe all the episodes can be viewed on YouTube.

No way would I buy the complete boxset!

I bought all the volumes as they were released over the course of 4 years. Well worth it.

Xmas is coming. Just ask someone to buy the first few volumes as a gift so that you can get started :P

You're right though. They are all on youtube.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched the final episode last night on 5*, absolutely brilliant, so it was Franky that killed Meg, and Liz framed Jacs for it, by hiding the bracelet in her tub of cream, i didn't see that coming, and lmfao when Bea stuck her in the neck with the pen, and the blood was just spurting out, wouldn't catch me asking her for her autograph, not if thats her reply! :D, can't wait for the 2nd series.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    triton333 wrote: »
    Well, I hope the writers take into account that Franky is probably more popular with viewers than all the other characters put together (you should see Twitter light up about her compared with the rest). If they write her out of it they will lose a lot of their audience.

Agreed, shes hot as hell :o:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meg's husband will go crazy with Franky if he ever gets to know that it was her who killed his wife. Even though she didn't intend to kill her, she still kept the fact that she stabbed her a secret.
  • JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is my friend in oz telling me that Jax is in the next series ??
    Is she winding me up ?

Surely Jax is dead !
  • strangerstillstrangerstill Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    JayPee86 wrote: »
    Is she winding me up ?

Surely Jax is dead !

Flashbacks? or a twist.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well Meg proved you don't have to be alive to still feature so its possible Jac's might appear in some form.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is she winding me up ?

Surely Jax is dead !

I'm sure I read on the Australian Wentworth site that Bea killed Jacs in the episode guide. It didn't show you Jacs being pronounced dead though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    I'm sure I read on the Australian Wentworth site that Bea killed Jacs in the episode guide. It didn't show you Jacs being pronounced dead though.

I would say that if Bea killed Jacs then Jacs is dead. I'm not aware of an instance of a person being killed who is not dead.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BARB: Ep.9: 1.28m
    Ep.8 1.34m
    Ep.7 1.28m
    Ep 6: 1.33m

I expected ep. 9 to be higher, but I still think ep.10 will be well up.
  • Diane_RobDiane_Rob Posts: 1,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone got the DVD? What are the extras like? :)
  • Doll FeetDoll Feet Posts: 1,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is she winding me up ?

Surely Jax is dead !

Ask your friend in Oz and please don't tell us the answer!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Safi74 wrote: »
    I'm missing Franky already so will have to get the DVD! I've got a huge girl crush in her😍!

This seems to be a common effect that Franky has had on British women. Over the series there have been many tweets along the lines of "Major girl crush on Franky", "Massive girl crush on @nicdasilva" etc.
  • spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In a recent interview with the actress who plays Jacs she has said she is dead and as far as I know isn't appearing in series 2
  • Cal2008Cal2008 Posts: 2,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diane_Rob wrote: »
    Has anyone got the DVD? What are the extras like? :)

there over 2 hours of extras, there good inc cast interviews, crew interviews, set visits, behind the scenes of series 1.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cal2008 wrote: »
    there over 2 hours of extras, there good inc cast interviews, crew interviews, set visits, behind the scenes of series 1.

Sounds good :) I'm going to have to order the DVD, I loved the series so much!
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I ordered the deluxe DVD yesterday, so hopefully it'll be with me tomorrow or Friday :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I ordered the deluxe DVD yesterday, so hopefully it'll be with me tomorrow or Friday :D

Let us know what you think :D

I can't order mine til next week (pay day :p) but I'm so looking forward to the bonus features