Options

Stood Up!

13»

Comments

• Options
    riceutenriceuten Posts: 5,876
    Forum Member
    Gneiss wrote: »
    Some people are happy with that arrangement, it depends what they want out of it themselves. Fair enough as long as both parties know the situation.

But if we are right about him then one party clearly doesn't!
    I don't get the impression that's what the OP wanted...
  • Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the comments - I've been away at my parents' for the weekend so have only just got back to this thread.

I can see why some people are suggesting he's married or taken or whatever, but to be honest, that wasn't what bothered me. I'm not particularly interested in why he didn't want to see me, more in why a grown man thinks it's ok to just not turn up.

I suppose the options were that he wanted to see me, but couldn't, or that he didn't want to see me. His behaviour all the way up to Friday suggested that he wanted to see me (he asked me out, having met me several times, and was very complimentary and flirty both on the date and in the days after it, and was the one pushing for a second date) but then he hasn't contacted me since, so I'm guessing that he now doesn't want to see me, as if it had been a genuine reason such as a real toothache (or a wife) stopping him from making it to a date he wanted to go on, then I would imagine he'd be more apologetic and would have contacted me since.
    jra wrote: »
    I guess all you can do is keep looking for 'that guy'.

Oh, I'm absolutely not looking! I've been single for years, and I like it. I'm not closed to the idea of a relationship or of dating or whatever, but it's not something that drives my life. As I said, we met briefly several times and got chatting, and he seemed smiley and chatty, and we had lots of things in common, so when he asked me out I thought why not.

Oh well. I don't really care why he changed his mind. I was myself, and if he doesn't like that then that's fine. I still think it's bloody rude to just not turn up though!
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Elanor wrote: »
    Oh, I'm absolutely not looking! I've been single for years, and I like it. I'm not closed to the idea of a relationship or of dating or whatever, but it's not something that drives my life. As I said, we met briefly several times and got chatting, and he seemed smiley and chatty, and we had lots of things in common, so when he asked me out I thought why not.

Oh well. I don't really care why he changed his mind. I was myself, and if he doesn't like that then that's fine. I still think it's bloody rude to just not turn up though!

I know this is very cheeky, but you should have given him one of your packed lunches. Food art it is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jra wrote: »
    I know this is very cheeky, but you should have given him one of your packed lunches. Food art it is.

Haha! Far too good to waste on him! :D
  • Options
    DanniLaMoneDanniLaMone Posts: 2,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are plenty more fish in the sea. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well! He just emailed me! It's brief, and just says he has a new phone so has lost all his numbers, but here's his new number, give me a text xxx

I hate to be cynical or suspicious, but isn't that a bit crap? If you swap phones, surely you make sure you back up your numbers? And even if you don't, surely you apologise after having stood someone up and then not talked to them for a week and a half? I'm guessing he just changed his mind and has now changed it back again or something. Pfft.
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    Well! He just emailed me! It's brief, and just says he has a new phone so has lost all his numbers, but here's his new number, give me a text xxx

I hate to be cynical or suspicious, but isn't that a bit crap? If you swap phones, surely you make sure you back up your numbers? And even if you don't, surely you apologise after having stood someone up and then not talked to them for a week and a half? I'm guessing he just changed his mind and has now changed it back again or something. Pfft.

If I were single and this were a woman, I wouldn't bother with them. Seems like a total time waster. Probably one of those- wants what they can't have types.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

BS. If you make an arrangement for a date, place and time you turn up at that date, place and time.

Was there no apology?

Even if there was, I wouldn't bother. He could have always emailed you anyway before the date, what stopped him from doing that? Communication f*cktard.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BS. If you make an arrangement for a date, place and time you turn up at that date, place and time.

Was there no apology?

Even if there was, I wouldn't bother. He could have always emailed you anyway before the date, what stopped him from doing that? Communication f*cktard.

Nope, no apology! It was as though the email was sent the same day, not a week and a half later! I think I'll just ignore it. What a prat.
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    Croctacus wrote: »
    Send him a present to wish him better.

A box of dog crap should do it.
    AnitaS wrote: »
    Through his letterbox.

I heard you're meant to put it in a paper bag, stick it on his doorstep, light the corner of the bag and ring the door bell. When he comes out and tries to stamp on the 'fire'... well you get the picture.

(I have never done this btw, honest :D)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, no apology! It was as though the email was sent the same day, not a week and a half later! I think I'll just ignore it. What a prat.

Oh yes. The words "not worth your hot lovin'" spring to mind :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This guy sounds like a massive douche and if he still hasn't made an effort then I think it confirms that he is a massive douche. I'm sorry this happened to you, but I think it's best you've found out how much of a prat he is before things became serious.

If he DOES contact you again, I think you should either ignore him, or stand him up instead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ok OP, sensible answer is it's NOT ok, and I for one wouln't put up with it. Back in the days before mobile phones etc there may be some excusing him, but in this day and age of multiple forms of communication to not let you know in advance is for me, totally unacceptable. Even if he DID have toothache (and it's sounds a bit 'dog ate my homework' if you ask me) how exactly did this make him incapable of using his fingers to drop you a text/ email/ call you?

I would arrange a new time to meet (perhaps in a place rather difficult for him to get to), then just don't show up. When he complains or texts etc, tell him 'oh sorry, it wasn't toothache, more an utter pain in the arse that I am now getting rid of'.
    Then hang up, and move onto someone who is perhaps more deserving of your time. ;-)
  • Options
    AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AOTB wrote: »
    I heard you're meant to put it in a paper bag, stick it on his doorstep, light the corner of the bag and ring the door bell. When he comes out and tries to stamp on the 'fire'... well you get the picture.

:D:):D
  • Options
    flower 2flower 2 Posts: 13,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ignore the Email is my suggestion...."Give me a text xxx", why?, so you are made to make the first move? IGNORE!!!!! alert!!!! is my advice.
  • Options
    UffaUffa Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AOTB wrote: »

I bet you were always getting into mischief when you were young(er).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Uffa wrote: »
    I bet you were always getting into mischief when you were young(er).

Ha, I'm probably more mischevious as an (alledged) grown up to be honest! :p