My Kitchen Rules Australia

124»

Comments

• StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Elanor wrote: »
    My god, Megan is being ANNOYING in this challenge!
    Prawn Wars between her and Andy - but he was right - three 10's.:cool:

But the jury, yes, they got it right with Angela & Justine, but still, not the best judges - Peter & Gary..."we're back":o
  • RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    I know Peter and Gary are our pantomime villains but boy is Peter a poisonous little wretch. I must have missed what Carly and Emily did to really piss them off.

I was pretty shocked at just how bitchy Carla was about Justine... so what if she drives a dump truck and is on the large side. At least she had a supportive competing partner... I still chuckle at Thomas and his girlie strop about his koftas.

They totally should have had him and the anger management dude in the previous series in the same kitchen - then there would have been fireworks!
    Forum Member
    RFS wrote: »
    I know Peter and Gary are our pantomime villains but boy is Peter a poisonous little wretch. I must have missed what Carly and Emily did to really piss them off.

I was pretty shocked at just how bitchy Carla was about Justine... so what if she drives a dump truck and is on the large side. At least she had a supportive competing partner... I still chuckle at Thomas and his girlie strop about his koftas.

They totally should have had him and the anger management dude in the previous series in the same kitchen - then there would have been fireworks!
    Very nasty - but I wonder what was going wrong with Justine's Pasta, two attempts....still couldn't get it right.:(
    Forum Member
    Stansfield wrote: »
    Very nasty - but I wonder what was going wrong with Justine's Pasta, two attempts....still couldn't get it right.:(

Yeah and maybe I have this wrong but wasn't there Italian somewhere in Justine's past? Mind you I am not sure I'd get pasta right, even with a packet!
  • cikacika Posts: 3,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RFS wrote: »
    I was pretty shocked at just how bitchy Carla was about Justine
    I wasn't, I'm afraid. I thought all along that Carla was as bad as Thomas, just more subtle about it. Birds of a feather ...

I was going to wonder whether Peter's petty vindictiveness would harm his career but perhaps that sort of approach works well in a legal situation? Any lawyers present? You'd think the score they got knocked out on would have made them rethink but apparently they still they they wuz robbed.

I think I'm pretty much done with this. The producers clearly knew that the decision wasn't based on skill or they wouldn't have chosen Peter to give the result. I
    like a bit of infighting and personality clash as much as the next person, but not when it's used to take someone's dream away from them. Too cruel for me.
    Forum Member
    cika wrote: »
    I wasn't, I'm afraid. I thought all along that Carla was as bad as Thomas, just more subtle about it. Birds of a feather ...

I was going to wonder whether Peter's petty vindictiveness would harm his career but perhaps that sort of approach works well in a legal situation? Any lawyers present? You'd think the score they got knocked out on would have made them rethink but apparently they still they they wuz robbed.

I think I'm pretty much done with this. The producers clearly knew that the decision wasn't based on skill or they wouldn't have chosen Peter to give the result. I
    like a bit of infighting and personality clash as much as the next person, but not when it's used to take someone's dream away from them. Too cruel for me.
    In the profile vids they do - I'm sure we saw Peter was a teacher/lecturer at a collage now....so it doesn't work.

Very nasty episode last night, with the witch hunt on Leigh & Jennifer - made to do the Cook Off, by the 'jury', as Carla said, they had had an 'easy journey'.....not easy - THEY ARE GOOD.

David & Scott had to be in it - raw food.:o - but for both teams, emotional - watching too.:(

Seems there is to be another 'jury' episode on Monday.:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    In the profile vids they do - I'm sure we saw Peter was a teacher/lecturer at a collage now....so it doesn't

Ah, interesting, thanks. Having worked in academia I can just see him as one of those who couldn't make it in practice and who makes up for it by ripping students to shreds - one of the 'those who can't, teach' brigade
    Seems there is to be another 'jury' episode on Monday.:(
    I wonder how popular the introduction of the jury was and if they kept it for the next series? I'd happily watch another series if they reverted to being judged by people who were actually reasonably - or even very - successful in the industry, but not if they insist on ramping up the bitterness and delusional factor. Any Ozzies on the thread who know?

I see they're rerunning the UK version after this.
  • MsJoaquinMsJoaquin Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was kind of hoping they would show series 4 of the Australian version, but I have added the UK version to my Sky Planner to see what that one is like as I have never watched it
    Forum Member
    Still don't like the Jury - but they were right with Megan & Seafood King Andy, it was them wasn't it - and up against Steve & Helen, who just didn't have a good cook off....sad to see them go, but Megan & Andy cooking together, is fun to watch. "Please get the stock in".:D

Hoping Leigh & Jennifer get to the finals and win - they have been the biggest surprise of the series - after the instant restaurants, I thought they had no chance.

MsJoaquin wrote: »
    I was kind of hoping they would show series 4 of the Australian version, but I have added the UK version to my Sky Planner to see what that one is like as I have never watched it
    It doesn't come close to the Aussie version - but it's still fun.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MsJoaquin wrote: »

Yes, I was hoping they'd go straight into season 4, but then I suppose it is holiday time and viewing figures drop away. Perhaps they're saving it for autumn - we can but hope. :D

I wasn't expecting much from the UK version but I was pleasantly surprised.
    Forum Member
    Going to be interesting semi-finals over the next couple of nights...

Leigh & Jen vs Megan & Andy
    Carly & Emily vs Nic & Rocco

The first challenge last night where only one could cook at a time, with the other 'locked' away in a room - was a bit mean but fun with Megan & Andy who couldn't decide who should go last - but the second more traditional, with 4 10's for Leigh & Jen and Carly & Emily was amazing.
    Forum Member
    Pleased for Leigh & Jen last night - but I thought it was closer then the score said, 52 and 46 for Megan and Andy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, of course I couldn't stay away - thought it was safe to come back into the kitchen as they wouldn't have a jury judging the final rounds. Phew.

I'm glad Leigh and Jen got through. I like Megan and Andy but I don't think I could have stood any more 'darling' overdrive. I like all the teams left but I'd really love to see Carly and Emily win. As long as all the other contestants are back to watch. I'd love to see Poisonous Peter's face.:D
  • kxkkxk Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    cika wrote: »
    Ah, interesting, thanks. Having worked in academia I can just see him as one of those who couldn't make it in practice and who makes up for it by ripping students to shreds - one of the 'those who can't, teach' brigade

I wonder how popular the introduction of the jury was and if they kept it for the next series? I'd happily watch another series if they reverted to being judged by people who were actually reasonably - or even very - successful in the industry, but not if they insist on ramping up the bitterness and delusional factor. Any Ozzies on the thread who know?

I see they're rerunning the UK version after this.

Hmm, Peter & Gary, with Princess Jen, I'm trying to recall what is next.
    I think we have had 2 series since?

Don't think that stupid jury thing happens again, just chefs judging.

You haven't had Sophie, next villain is way funnier.

And then the last series, was a complete joke
    Each series deteriorates the concept a bit more - until the last one was just a farce

2 of the best liked contestants came out and told us they applied for The Amazing Race Oz, and got shoved into this.
    Most of them could not cook to save themselves, the food was gross generally and most of them were dumb & pretentious.
    Supposed foodies - but they had never heard of blue vein cheese or something equally common.

Enjoy the early series - for it just gets worse & worse. Still rating, so likely has another series before it dies.
    House Rules has taken over, also full of lies, but it's more fun to watch a house get made over in one week:)
    Forum Member
    Just one point in it - but Nic & Rocco scraped through, with a score {44} lower then the losers of the first semi-final, Megan & Andy, who got 46.

Should be a good final tonight - Team Leigh & Jen, to win - I hope...:cool:
    Forum Member
    After the scores for Nic & Rocco - Leigh & Jen had no chance - but four Ten's won it for them, which after some comments from the Judges, I thought Ten's were out of there reach.

Pleased for them - and it seems, Jen has some products.
  • Tess-gTess-g Posts: 29,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I managed not to look on-line for anything about this series until it was over.

I'm not surprised to see that there was general disbelief in Australia at the result. The judges comments didn't match their scores. I was sure Nic and Rocco had it in the bag.

I was also sorry to see that there has been a major falling out between Leigh and Jen with them barely talking now :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tess-g wrote: »
    I managed not to look on-line for anything about this series until it was over.

I'm not surprised to see that there was general disbelief in Australia at the result. The judges comments didn't match their scores. I was sure Nic and Rocco had it in the bag.

I was also sorry to see that there has been a major falling out between Leigh and Jen with them barely talking now :(

Glad someone else noticed about the scores not matching the comments, we thought the same applied to the first semi final, the one the girls won, this was despite undercooking their meat (duck?) and leaving grit in the farro
  • triton333triton333 Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was some controversy about the result here, but I remember Pete saying in a radio interview that he would have given more than 10 if he could, so good was Leigh and Jennifer's food. For the judges they were clear-cut winners.
  • DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder when they will show the next Aussie series. Soon I hope. Miss my daily portion of MKR.
    Forum Member
    I was a bit perplexed at the scoring... but surprise they fell out in such a big way afterwards!