Options

BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 58)

Comments

• Options
    nowahallanowahalla Posts: 10,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a tough life Hicky, but someone has to do it ;-):D

Just caught up on Saturday's Dr Who. I think I may be a little in love with Peter Capaldi :blush::o he's awesome as Dr Who, a real throwback to Jon Pertwee with a little Tom Baker on the side, brilliant :D

OH's away this week so I can watch Strictly on the big telly tonight without him huffing and grumping...yay :D bring on the spangly bits ....woohoo:D
  • Options
    ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
    Forum Member
    Good afternoon folks :)

I am eating a large slice of GF Pizza and contemplating playing hooky and sitting outside. The weather is bound to be more changeable very soon so have decided to enjoy it as much as I can.

Sam's customer cooked us a lovely meal last night and it was nice to meet her and the other couple whom she had invited. we had goulash with some beautifully cooked veg, smoked salmon for starters and a fruit jelly with sorbet for dessert.

We climbed into the car to drive home on the stroke of midnight so it was then our Wedding Anniversary and we spent the hour reminiscing and feeling blessed and lucky.

MIL arrives on Thursday, Honey, Her room is prepared and a friend suggested that it should be known as the Dragon's Den.:D
  • Options
    HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    nowahalla wrote: »
    It's a tough life Hicky, but someone has to do it ;-+):+D

Just caught up on Saturday's Dr Who. I think I may be a little in love with Peter Capaldi :+blush::+o he's awesome as Dr Who, a real throwback to Jon Pertwee with a little Tom Baker on the side, brilliant :+D

OH's away this week so I can watch Strictly on the big telly tonight without him huffing and grumping...yay :+D bring on the spangly bits ....woohoo:+D
    I know what you mean, a tough life it is.

Not sure what a little in love is like.:+)))))))))))))
    Probably the safest.

Not sure why you haven't got your own TV to watch what you like?

We only have 4 but i sure wouldn't watch something i didn't want to.
    Artemesia wrote: »
    Good afternoon folks :+)

I am eating a large slice of GF Pizza and contemplating playing hooky and sitting outside. The weather is bound to be more changeable very soon so have decided to enjoy it as much as I can.

Sam's customer cooked us a lovely meal last night and it was nice to meet her and the other couple whom she had invited. we had goulash with some beautifully cooked veg, smoked salmon for starters and a fruit jelly with sorbet for dessert.

We climbed into the car to drive home on the stroke of midnight so it was then our Wedding Anniversary and we spent the hour reminiscing and feeling blessed and lucky.

MIL arrives on Thursday, Honey, Her room is prepared and a friend suggested that it should be known as the Dragon's Den.:+D
    Afternoon Arte.:+)))))))))))))))))

That was lovely of them, it sounded yummy.

A slow reminisce wasn't it?

Oh dear, her 'Room', it sounds like it should say 'Dungeon'

Oh dear, forgot to congratulate you on your Wedding Anniversary.
    Have a great day both of you.
  • Options
    BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artemesia wrote: »
    Good afternoon folks :)

MIL arrives on Thursday, Honey, Her room is prepared and a friend suggested that it should be known as the Dragon's Den.:D

At least you get to enjoy your anniversary before the MIL arrives, love the Dragon's Den! Oh and Happy Anniversary !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Evening Everyone.:+))))))))))))))))))))

Strictly take 2 and Celebrity Antiques Road Trip, not exactly Big Brother.
    But Anne Witi something is in it.

Then we move onto Police Interceptors.

Can't contain the excitement.
  • Options
    MootleMootle Posts: 35,232
    Forum Member
    Moots staggers in looking pale, interesting and absolutely totally exhausted, trailing a huge load of souvenirs behind her

Hi peeps I'm home!!!

Didya miss me, didya??

Riiiight I have now seen every stately home within quite a large range, some beautiful gardens, lots of shopping villages, a zoo and a safari park, several farm shops, many garden centres, the mosaics at Cirencester and quite a few motorway service staions, just off the top of my head.

There is an absolutely phenomenal baby orang utan at Dudley Zoo. When my sister and I arrived, he was lounging on his back, tastefully draped in straw, but as soon as he saw us he leapt into an amazing acrobatic repertoire, got a bit coy in the middle, finished the show, and then came and stared hopefully at us. He seemed amazingly intelligent and I did wonder if he would be better off with kids his own age, at somewhere like Monkey World.....

I now have to get the house back in disorder (only kidding!), and also hope to sleep for a week!
  • Options
    EddyBeeEddyBee Posts: 45,608
    Forum Member
    Good morning you lot.

:D

Hi there Mootle. :)
  • Options
    nowahallanowahalla Posts: 10,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning all:)
    Good to see you back Moots, it's been a while. Sounds like you were busy!!

re telly, Hicky. We rarely watch it, it's almost never on so no need for more than one.:) anything I want to watch I tend to stream online (Thai local and satellite tv is rubbish) it's just nice to sometimes watch something like strictly on a full size screen so I stream it from laptop via Apple TV t'telly. :)

Been boxing again, pest control came and fumigated, tennis later. Gorgeous day again, getting much cooler (relatively speaking) recently so looks like we might get a decent long winter season here- it's the best time of the year, much cooler, not so humid, quite lovely.
  • Options
    Bella BoffinBella Boffin Posts: 6,561
    Forum Member
    Mootle wrote: »
    Moots staggers in looking pale, interesting and absolutely totally exhausted, trailing a huge load of souvenirs behind her

Hi peeps I'm home!!!

Didya miss me, didya??

Riiiight I have now seen every stately home within quite a large range, some beautiful gardens, lots of shopping villages, a zoo and a safari park, several farm shops, many garden centres, the mosaics at Cirencester and quite a few motorway service staions, just off the top of my head.

There is an absolutely phenomenal baby orang utan at Dudley Zoo. When my sister and I arrived, he was lounging on his back, tastefully draped in straw, but as soon as he saw us he leapt into an amazing acrobatic repertoire, got a bit coy in the middle, finished the show, and then came and stared hopefully at us. He seemed amazingly intelligent and I did wonder if he would be better off with kids his own age, at somewhere like Monkey World.....

I now have to get the house back in disorder (only kidding!), and also hope to sleep for a week!

YOU CAME TO CIRENCESTER AND DID NOT VISIT ME :o:o:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning Everyone.:+)))))))))))))))

Cooler here again, 12C, it must be the weather.
    May even have a drop of rain.

Hi peeps I'm home!!!

Didya miss me, didya??

Morning Moots.:+))))))))))))))))
    Wondered were you where.
    Of course we missed you, we miss everyone.
    Quite a journey you been on.
    You get some sleep now.
    EddyBee wrote: »
    Good morning you lot.

:+D

Hi there Mootle. :+)
    Morning Eddy.:+))))))))))))))))))
    nowahalla wrote: »
    Morning all:+)
    Good to see you back Moots, it's been a while. Sounds like you were busy!!

re telly, Hicky. We rarely watch it, it's almost never on so no need for more than one.:+) anything I want to watch I tend to stream online (Thai local and satellite tv is rubbish) it's just nice to sometimes watch something like strictly on a full size screen so I stream it from laptop via Apple TV t'telly. :+)

Been boxing again, pest control came and fumigated, tennis later. Gorgeous day again, getting much cooler (relatively speaking) recently so looks like we might get a decent long winter season here- it's the best time of the year, much cooler, not so humid, quite lovely.
    Morning Halla.:+)))))))))))))))
    Glad the weather is more to your liking, that high humidity is hard to take.
  • Options
    BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi peeps I'm home!!!

Didya miss me, didya??

Of course we missed you ! lol But sounds like you had a good time:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hello all :)
    YOU CAME TO CIRENCESTER AND DID NOT VISIT ME :o:o:o

sorry Bella :blush: I've only just remembered that I probably do know where you live! I did think of you, though, as we meandered through that area many times.:)
  • Options
    Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Hi peeps I'm home!!!

Didya miss me, didya??

I did missed you. :)

We’re in the Midlands at the weekend. Pretty booked up but I wonder if we can fit in Dudley Zoo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Evening Everyone.:+))))))))))))))))))

Busy today, signing papers and showing the buyers round.

My Tesco Hudl2 came today so been setting it up.
    Going to have to do my web links on it as well.
    Still on my Puter at the mo, will try DS out later on the tablet.

Just had some Rendang Lamb curry i made, wow, after tasting just about every curry made i can say, it really must be the best ever.

Got Strictly take 2 and The Apprentice starting tonight, yippeeeeeee, then BBC2 'Your Fired'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi
    Just trying out my new tablet. Not too bad really.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi
    Back on with normal Puter, at least the tablet works on here, 1st one i've had, O/H has one think it's bigger than this 8.3" but this is easier to carry round.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Gemo52 wrote: »
    I did missed you. :)

We’re in the Midlands at the weekend. Pretty booked up but I wonder if we can fit in Dudley Zoo.
    Be warned Gemo - the whole zoo is situated on a hill, with a rather impressive ruined castle at the top. We didn't realise this at first, as we set forth in search of a cafe, which was situated behind even the castle right at the far end of the zoo. We looked at various exhibits on the way up and then realised we had missed many side roads as we climbed ever higher, and that we would have to climb the whole hill again.. This we did, much to our amazement...
    Hicky wrote: »
    Hi
    Just trying out my new tablet. Not too bad really.

jellus smilie.:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Be warned Gemo - the whole zoo is situated on a hill, with a rather impressive ruined castle at the top. We didn't realise this at first, as we set forth in search of a cafe, which was situated behind even the castle right at the far end of the zoo. We looked at various exhibits on the way up and then realised we had missed many side roads as we climbed ever higher, and that we would have to climb the whole hill again.. This we did, much to our amazement...

jellus smilie.:+p
    Evening Moots.:+))))))))))))))))

It is very good for £129.
    I got the £25 Leather case which also acts as a rest so i can watch and operate it standing on a table.
    This is the Table, http://www.tesco.com/direct/hudl/
    This is the case, http://www.tesco.com/direct/hudl2-leather-case-black/205-3833.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=205-3833

I can do everything i can do on a computer, and a lot more i think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It looks amazing Hicky! I had not heard of Hudl2 before:blush:

I take it you have to have some sort of mobile phone/broadband contract to go with it?

I'm currently working my way through an awful lot of recorded shows. My BIL.who always displays alphaplusplusplus male attributes was really only interested in reruns of Only Fools and Horses, Open All Hours and Last of the Summer Wine, aaaarrrghhhhhh. Eventually we found a compromise with Frasier. Thank God!!:D
  • Options
    JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    Evening all and WELCOME BACK MOOTS!

You were missed, you'll see from the thread that several of us were enquiring about your whereabouts - I think I'd forgotten how long the rellies are with you:cool:

You certainly packed a lot into the visit, makes me weary just thinking about it!

When I was a little girl Dudley Zoo was a must do for all holidays, so I've probably been there hundreds of times! Dad used to joke that we ought to have shares in the zoo! I haven't been for ages though and it's half term next week so maybe we'll take the children. I remember the hills though, not sure I fancy those with children in tow, not to mention my gammy knee^_^
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning Everyone.:+))))))))))))))))

A little warmer here today, 14C, may have a little rain though.
    It looks amazing Hicky! I had not heard of Hudl2 before:+blush:

I take it you have to have some sort of mobile phone/broadband contract to go with it?

I'm currently working my way through an awful lot of recorded shows. My BIL.who always displays alphaplusplusplus male attributes was really only interested in reruns of Only Fools and Horses, Open All Hours and Last of the Summer Wine, aaaarrrghhhhhh. Eventually we found a compromise with Frasier. Thank God!!:+D
    Hi Moots.

You don't need any contract to use it, you connect to your broadband Wifi the same as you computer to use that.
    It isn't a phone, just a computer.
    I can get my emails, DS, Gaga, Twitter, Facebook, it's fantastic, and with the screen being a good size the video's look great.
    Because i will have to wrap my home computer and everything up i was worried how i would manage, never thought about these Tablet things but am happy now with this.
    It has a mini SD card socket so i can add more storage than the 16GB that i get with it.
    The screen is 1080P HD so i am delighted with that.
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    Evening all and WELCOME BACK MOOTS!

You were missed, you'll see from the thread that several of us were enquiring about your whereabouts - I think I'd forgotten how long the rellies are with you:+cool:

You certainly packed a lot into the visit, makes me weary just thinking about it!

When I was a little girl Dudley Zoo was a must do for all holidays, so I've probably been there hundreds of times! Dad used to joke that we ought to have shares in the zoo! I haven't been for ages though and it's half term next week so maybe we'll take the children. I remember the hills though, not sure I fancy those with children in tow, not to mention my gammy knee^_+^
    Hi JoJo.:+)))))))))))))))))))

Missed you as i was asleep, go to bed early when i have to get up at 4.30 for work.
    The boss is going to let me start coming in later after the school traffic, he said he would get me picked up from the factory car park and brought in.
    My leg is suffering now as the walk from the car is probably a mile.
    The place is so big.
    In the old days i used to have a pass to drive in but with so many staff and cars there is no room any more to park in the factory.
  • Options
    EddyBeeEddyBee Posts: 45,608
    Forum Member
    Good morning you lot.

:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    EddyBee wrote: »
    Good morning you lot.

:+D
    Morning Eddy.:+))))))))))))))))
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

jellus smilie.:p

I’ve been there before. Just for a short time. Mr G said that if we went we would have to miss seeing my Mum on the way back … no it wouldn’t be fair on her …

He also said that maybe my son would like to go and would take me but my daughter had to hold my arm because I had trouble with some wonky stone steps (no 3D vision) last time I went and my son also has no 3D vision and a leg that doesn’t work very well so we may fair very well.

I’ll see what the weather is like.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ’d affynon all. :D
This discussion has been closed.