Got to Dance Ratings Thread

HMOHMO Posts: 42,134
Forum Member
We don't seem to have one so I'll start us off.

Here are the ratings for last night's shows:

18:00 - 693k (2.9%)
* peak: 823k (3.3%) at 18:35.
19:00 - 760k (2.9%)
* peak: 1.01m (3.8%) at 19:50.

Figures include +1. Thoughts?

Comments

• yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,527
    Forum Member
    Healthy I would say for a Sky Channel
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,940
    Forum Member
    Healthy I would say for a Sky Channel
    Yeah, 700k for audition shows and around 1m for the live shows are the sort of figures Sky seems to like. That's why we're on series 4.
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,134
    Forum Member
    18:00 - 613k (2.5%)
    *peak: 775k (3.0%)

19:00 - 696k (2.7%)
    *peak: 826k (3.2%)
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Around 400k last night wasn't it?

They have ruined this show. Can't believe it. Its now just a hybrid of x factor and BGT.
  • katiso41katiso41 Posts: 1,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »
    Around 400k last night wasn't it?

They have ruined this show. Can't believe it. Its now just a hybrid of x factor and BGT.

Completely agree. I loved this show and watched every series. Last night was dreadful Why couldn't they have just left it alone
    Forum Member
    katiso41 wrote: »
    Completely agree. I loved this show and watched every series. Last night was dreadful Why couldn't they have just left it alone

A friend informed me tonight that the guy now running the show is the same one who ruined big brother on channel 4 :D
    Expect the axe soon then >:(
  • HypnoaliHypnoali Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate the xfactor style production. Luckily there have been enough good acts to keep me watching for now...and the promise of Adam Garcia dancing at some point. But yes, they have ruined it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could be the last series This is a boring mess What a shame
    Forum Member
    Hypnoali wrote: »
    I hate the xfactor style production. Luckily there have been enough good acts to keep me watching for now...and the promise of Adam Garcia dancing at some point. But yes, they have ruined it!

Things I have noticed : x factor 'extras' in the audience who have been mic'd up to say a scripted line. (This is something that pisses people on the x factor forum off immensely!)

Acts choosing who's team to go on if more than one judge wants them, just like the voice!

And of course the whole 'mentorimg' thing, basically ripping off the voice/x factor.

This show has completely lost its identity.

And the editing is awful now as well!! Very BGT.

To sum up I am annoyed! >:(

The ratings were never going to do much anyway, its on at completely wrong time of year, they should have just had a year out and come back in January .

They will be going up against x factor soon.
  • SMcginn03SMcginn03 Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    Has anyone noticed Davina is no where to be seen at the auditions? And only narrating for a about 5 seconds at the beginning of the show :( used to enjoy her little chats and support to the auditioner.
  • andallthatjazzandallthatjazz Posts: 6,413
    Forum Member
    Boring auditions so far and agree to all the above criticisms about this new series.

Pretty awful.
  • notinnotin Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched episode two..love this show.....I cried on many of tonight's performances..this is tough. I'm a musician, follow X factor etc, but got to dance has something else, I so totally feel how much this means and how difficult it is to succeed, tonight my stand out performance was the duo couple....and U really liked the Cossack group but they were too 'out there' for the judges to take a chance on, perhaps at the end of the day too predictable.

Love this program
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SMcginn03 wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed Davina is no where to be seen at the auditions? And only narrating for a about 5 seconds at the beginning of the show :( used to enjoy her little chats and support to the auditioner.

Actually didn't even think about her, have not missed her, the program delivers without her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boring auditions so far and agree to all the above criticisms about this new series.

Pretty awful.

Really? I disagree and infact I think there are acts that haven't got through that perhaps should have....let's see how things pan out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is not the dancing that is boring , it's the production. A lifeless studio, too much chat and not enough performances. Then that selection part. I feel sorry for all the good dancers that are being rejected at the first hurdle whereas they would have gone through in previous series and had a chance of getting into the semis. I'm guessing that there will be a lot of coaching footage at the next stage with this new mentoring nonsense. I am dissapointed because for me this was the best and most entertaining talent show on television with the best judging panel. It was simple, fast moving and exciting. This new format is very dull. I think they may lose a lot of viewers
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    Things I have noticed : x factor 'extras' in the audience who have been mic'd up to say a scripted line. (This is something that pisses people on the x factor forum off immensely!)

Acts choosing who's team to go on if more than one judge wants them, just like the voice!

And of course the whole 'mentorimg' thing, basically ripping off the voice/x factor.

To sum up I am annoyed! >:(

The ratings were never going to do much anyway, its on at completely wrong time of year, they should have just had a year out and come back in January .

They will be going up against x factor soon.

Couldn't agree more, I felt like I was watching BGT. Everything is a carbon copy
    Got To Dance used to be about dancing, I spose like xfactor used to be about music and BGT was about talent

Shame producers shame
  • AhlSAhlS Posts: 468
    Forum Member
    The reason I liked Got to dance so much was that it was about genuine talent. There was no making fun of wannabee fame seekers. There was no staged rivalry between mentors. There was a lovely friendly atmosphere and some great dancing.

This season is a definite worsening - though at least we have Adam back.
    The call backs t the end are waste of time, showing the same routines again, when we could have used the time to see more of the dancers that auditioned.
    I am assuming that there will be some final wildcard style recall at the end, as otherwise dropping down to 3 acts every time is very harsh
    I dread the mentoring stage - and really hope that it does not lead to judges becoming more important than the dancers. I can see some interest in how the mentors guide the acts - but then feel a loss for their existing choreographers.

I will stay with it , but am saddened by the changes.
  • tigraboitigraboi Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    I have to agree with the criticisms already stated - too much fancy editing, no Davina, repeat dancing with the call backs and very little actual auditions - on the whole, it's really just the ones that are getting 3 gold stars and getting called back that you're getting to see, and even then they have been cut to ribbons with very few auditions from start to finish with no fancy camera work. Plus there doesn't seem to be the weekday 30-minute shows now; didn't they always start as soon as the audition shows began?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    Something i really don't like is the new system of only 3 acts from each day going through. You could have really great acts on the one day and so a couple of really great acts end up going out and then on the second day less great acts throughout the day but three Acts need to be picked so go through. However if those acts that got through on the second day were pitted against the ones that missed out on the first day they other day that ended up going out they would of won. With this new system your actually not getting the best acts in the live shows!
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SMcginn03 wrote: »
    I;prefer it that way, I'm not missing her at all. I bet she'll be back after the auditions are over though.

To sum up I am annoyed! >:(.
    I don't mind the mentoring and acts choosing which mentor they want to go with, but I also cannot stand the scripted acts (i.e. those making their way to auditions) and the scripted lines. So needless, and as the above post says, so obviously Fake Factor.

I don't think it's lost its identity just yet, last night's episode was one where I could pick one of three that was going to go through, but I wasn't able to pick the other two out of so many other good ones.