Options

Neighbours is ACTUALLY better Than EE, Corrie, Emmerdale and Hollyoaks !!!

Comments

• Options
    GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone notice the quick turnaround in recent weeks?

A major turning point will be when Sarah's return potentially bringing Karl and Susan together and I suspect Karl fathered one of Sarah's 2 children. :eek:

Also, the arrival (The Return) of a Lou's daugther's family, The Turners. A strong family unit who are actually great! :)

Shelia and Angie's return have been great too.

Do you regularly watch all of the over soaps you have mentioned ( and I mean regularly, not just dipping in and out) - if not how can you compare? Neighbours may well be extremely good at the moment - I wouldn't know, I haven't seen it for years - but in any case, it's only your opinion that it's better. If you want to encourage people to watch, creating thread titles that from the start compare other soaps unfavourably to it is not the way to go.
  • Options
    StreetishStreetish Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    From what I'm seeing form the other shows, I'm starting to agree with this!
  • Options
    PaulRobinsonFanPaulRobinsonFan Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neighbours is one underrated show
  • Options
    mumbles26mumbles26 Posts: 5,803
    Forum Member
    I couldn't live without my daily dose of Paul and Karl
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mumbles26 wrote: »
    I couldn't live without my daily dose of Paul and Karl

I agree, that reminds me whatever happened to Paul and karl funny fued?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO8B5H2T0Fk
  • Options
    HiMyNameIsHiMyNameIs Posts: 1,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I stopped watching Neighbours ages ago - nothing, and I literally mean NOTHING seemed to be happening!
  • Options
    alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    i'll second this!!! I love it at the moment - it is amazing!!!
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HiMyNameIs wrote: »
    I stopped watching Neighbours ages ago - nothing, and I literally mean NOTHING seemed to be happening!

Most people I know stopped watching it years ago for the same reason. I only know one preson that still watches it, and ratings suggest its glory days are over 20 years ago.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Neighbours is absolutely brilliant at the moment and has been for a while after the dark days of Didge. Really strong characters and some great storylines. You still have great characters like Karl, Susan, Paul and Toadie as the bedrock of the street but some great new additions in Kyle, Lucas, Vanessa. Steph's return has been so powerful and well done (note to EE producers: this is how to do it!).

The only other soap I watch religiously (or used to until recently) is EE which is utter garbage at the moment. Gave up on H&A about 2-3 years ago after watching for many, many years. Just couldn't take to the Braxtons who seemed to be at the centre of every storyline and the constant revolving door of tweens. But might give it another go when Sally returns!
  • Options
    Towie1977Towie1977 Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neighbours is absolutely brilliant at the moment and has been for a while after the dark days of Didge. Really strong characters and some great storylines. You still have great characters like Karl, Susan, Paul and Toadie as the bedrock of the street but some great new additions in Kyle, Lucas, Vanessa. Steph's return has been so powerful and well done (note to EE producers: this is how to do it!).

It is brilliant at the moment - the best it has been since 2003-04 IMO. But I worry that the standard won't keep up. I have just watched an eppy Aus pace and it's already suffering now the big Steph and Brennan storylines are finished. But I am impressed by the new Willis family, watch out for Rebekah Elmaloglou, she is terrific as Terese Willis and Kip Gamblin is not a bad Brad either, even if he looks about five years too young!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alienpanda wrote: »
    i'll second this!!! I love it at the moment - it is amazing!!!

Thank you. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,189
    Forum Member
    Have to agree with this thread....
    Got back into Neighbours around the time the Turner's arrived and have been hooked since....

Loved Terese Willis' arrival last night :-) Hope she gives Paul Robinson a run for his money ha ha!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,189
    Forum Member
    Lewi26 wrote: »
    Oh look another bump :yawn: :sleep:

Talk about flogging a dead horse :eek:

Its a SOAP forum.... Your point being??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terese has been fantastic , i really hope she is not axed any time soon.
  • Options
    Dr.FeverDr.Fever Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    The only soaps I watch nowadays are Corrie and Neighbours, I guess out of habit. But I do find Neighbours entertaining.
    There is a good balance of drama and humour, the acting is better than the british soaps (even the kids in the aussie soaps are better than the likes of Dev, Nick, Sophie, etc from Corrie)
    ...oh, and there is good totty in Erinsborourgh too!!

Neighbours did go through a poor spell a couple of years ago, when storylines where dragged out too long and episodes had awful musical filler scenes, but now with better storylines and giving the street more families to build the storylines around - I think this soap is one of the best programmes on tv.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neighbours is well and truly brilliant. I encourage others to also watch the show too
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neighbours is well and truly brilliant. I encourage others to also watch the show too

I do watch it regularly, but hell no, its no way better than EastEnders or Hollyoaks! :D Its too funny to even think that!
  • Options
    DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,753
    Forum Member
    benbenalen wrote: »
    I do watch it regularly, but hell no, its no way better than EastEnders or Hollyoaks! :D Its too funny to even think that!
    Depending on your POV of Hollyoaks, I'd say Neighbours is way better than all the repeated gangster plots and other poorly paced plots that HO are dishing out right now.

Granted, Neighbours isn't better than Eastenders, which has revitalised itself, but it is a lot more enjoyable than boring Corrie.

This thread title is asking for trouble. :D When it was created in 2013, Neighbours was totally better than EE, but not quite now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    I do think you could argue it's better than Hollyoaks ATM, I don't watch EE so can't compare. To be honest I don't think you can compare Neighbours to the other soaps though as it's unique as a 'G' rated soap. It's always had a different feel to it, it's less sensationalist and calmer for want of a better word. That's why I like it.
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol no way is it!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone been watching the oz pace? powerful stuff lately
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I gave up all other soaps about five years ago, only watch Neighbours now :-)
  • Options
    LiamBerryTea ~LiamBerryTea ~ Posts: 2,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's better in many ways actually
    It's like they don't take themselves too seriously and produce good stories in the way they feel they should rather than trying to match up to the others
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leeah wrote: »
    Lol no way is it!!!

I will second this
  • Options
    Towie1977Towie1977 Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes have seen Oz pace online and it's way good. Watch out for Lauren and her mums story. Epic stuff.