The Casualty Thread (Spoilers) (Part 5)

Comments

• monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,845
    Forum Member
    so what zoe did was unacceptable too. the only difference with fletch is that tess didnt want him to see she was pregnant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dear god this is a fictional show... Can we get away from the formalities of what would happen in real life?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    which part are you agreeing with?

i wish people would use bold more to specific bits

I have 2 kids can't mess about with fonts...
    I agree with if she'd been more open and honest with him he wouldn't react the way he does
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Becky245 wrote: »
    Dear god this is a fictional show... Can we get away from the formalities of what would happen in real life?

Here here. That's why I said accept it for what it is...
    Forum Member
    I have 2 kids can't mess about with fonts...
    I agree with if she'd been more open and honest with him he wouldn't react the way he does

well i dont know if people were agreeing with the whole post. the original poster claimed i was seeing what i wanted to see which is so much more further than the truth. if your going to agree people need to make clear which bits.
  • fi_onafi_ona Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just have to ask as have missed a few episodes.
    I know Tess told Zoe that she had a termination, and from the basic data Fletch pulled up it noted her outpatients appointment, and the fact that she was admitted to general surgery, then discharged.
    The fact that she is clearly not well, the dizziness when Fletch called in to see her that morning etc, I dont know any upcoming spoilers, as its the one prog I try not to look for them, so most people in this thread probably know a lot more than me, but is it possible that she was admitted for a termination, decided against it, and was discharged, and that she may still be pregnant?
    Please put me right here if I am way off track.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well i dont know if people were agreeing with the whole post. the original poster claimed i was seeing what i wanted to see which is so much more further than the truth. if your going to agree people need to make clear which bits.

People will always have differing views on their relationship..that's up to the individual person. I just agree with if she'd have been more honest the whiole way through, it may have turned out different
  • Meesh_RedshawMeesh_Redshaw Posts: 2,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fi_ona wrote: »
    I know Tess told Zoe that she had a termination, and from the basic data Fletch pulled up it noted her outpatients appointment, and the fact that she was admitted to general surgery, then discharged.
    The fact that she is clearly not well, the dizziness when Fletch called in to see her that morning etc, I dont know any upcoming spoilers, as its the one prog I try not to look for them, so most people in this thread probably know a lot more than me, but is it possible that she was admitted for a termination, decided against it, and was discharged, and that she may still be pregnant?

Quite a few people have thought this was the case, myself included.

It would make a very interesting twist...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fi_ona wrote: »

No I think she did have one... She just had her dizzy spell cos she wasn't eating or sleeping..low blood sugar..
    Forum Member
    People will always have differing views on their relationship..that's up to the individual person. I just agree with if she'd have been more honest the whiole way through, it may have turned out different

fair enough. i agree to an extent but he did tell her not to call. we cant really dismiss that even though i dont think he did it to be cruel. he shouldve took that into consideration
  • alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still not allowed.

That's what confidentiality agreements are signed for.

The NHS takes these things very seriously.
    Married - eg Fletch and Natalie would have to file Letters of Authority to permit each other to have access...
  • Seanieb1983Seanieb1983 Posts: 1,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's hilarious that people are trying to defend Fletch for accessing Tess' medical records.

Irregardless of whether you like him or not, he had no right to access them. He wasn't treating her, he wasn't given her permission, so in the eyes of the trust, he'd be in breach of his employment contract and, should Tess report it, he'd have to be investigated and probably sacked since he's on a final written warning.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's hilarious that people are trying to defend Fletch for accessing Tess' medical records.

Irregardless of whether you like him or not, he had no right to access them. He wasn't treating her, he wasn't given her permission, so in the eyes of the trust, he'd be in breach of his employment contract and, should Tess report it, he'd have to be investigated and probably sacked since he's on a final written warning.

Firstly, it's a TV show. Secondly, it's a TV show. Thirdly, he was worried and loves Tess enough to go to "extreme" measures. Lastly, it's a TV show.
    Forum Member

but he did take her in as a patient
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firstly, it's a TV show. Secondly, it's a TV show. Thirdly, he was worried and loves Tess enough to go to "extreme" measures. Lastly, it's a TV show.
    Yeah - but if it's left alone, this has EVERY medico, finance person, IT bod - ANYONE who deals with personal data at work screaming at their telly...

Especially IT bods like me - where either currently or in the past, they have had to *enforce* data protection by disabling the user accounts of people like Andrew Fletcher at the behest of the relevant Security and HR depts...

Although I remember when I was in 2nd line support and email/systems admin, some users were a tad more blase about their responsibilities when it came to IT security and data protection..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alcockell wrote: »
    Yeah - but if it's left alone, this has EVERY medico, finance person, IT bod - ANYONE who deals with personal data at work screaming at their telly...

Especially IT bods like me - where either currently or in the past, they have had to *enforce* data protection by disabling the user accounts of people like Andrew Fletcher at the behest of the relevant Security and HR depts...

His name is Adrian.

Sorry to be picky. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes to all of the above
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His name is Adrian.

Sorry to be picky. ;)

Fletch :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fletch :D

Adrian is his Sunday name...except when Tess calls him in it in the middle of resus. :D
  • george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    I don't understand the 'it's a TV show' argument. Yes it is, but it's a TV show that shows us things for a reason. I don't object to the TV show broadcasting the fact that Fletch looked at Tess' medical records, as that's artistic license. What I object to is in-universe, the character of Fletch doing that. I wouldn't complain to the TV show that they broadcast it, but that doesn't mean that I have to accept the action that takes place within the story.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but he did take her in as a patient

He did 'medics make the worst patients'
    Especially Tess .

Right or wrong he had to find out somehow.. It's tv land!
  • george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    Adrian is his Sunday name...except when Tess calls him in it in the middle of resus. :D

Rita called him that for the first couple of episodes as well, but she seems to have reverted to Fletch now. I think that's a shame - I think it would be a good standing joke to have Rita always referring to him as Adrian.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His name is Adrian.

Sorry to be picky. ;)
    No probs... couldn't remember - hit the actor's name by mistake..
    :D

But users' blase attitudes to DPA did use to annoy me when I had admin rights (current role in Capacity Planning doesn't need them, so I'm a regular mortal now)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alcockell wrote: »

Although I remember when I was in 2nd line support and email/systems admin, some users were a tad more blase about their responsibilities when it came to IT security and data protection..

It probably does make medics, finance people and anyone in IT scream. The fact that the characters get so involved in the patients personal lives also sometimes makes me want to scream. However, I then remember that we are watching a fictional TV show and the storylines are normally written to make us have reactions like screaming, being angry, being upset etc. Why don't we let Casualty be a 50 minute escape from real life and stop getting annoyed over what would happen in real life.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand the 'it's a TV show' argument. Yes it is, but it's a TV show that shows us things for a reason. I don't object to the TV show broadcasting the fact that Fletch looked at Tess' medical records, as that's artistic license. What I object to is in-universe, the character of Fletch doing that. I wouldn't complain to the TV show that they broadcast it, but that doesn't mean that I have to accept the action that takes place within the story.
    Amen to this point.
This discussion has been closed.