Call of Duty: Black Ops 3

Comments

• MsLurkerMsLurker Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sneaky move with the cod dlc. Even if you dont want the dlc you will still have to download it you just can't access it. It feels to me like they think if it takes up so much space people may aswel buy it seeing as it cant be used for anything else. With all the dlc its going to take up aroud 100 gig and that is far too much just for a base game. Im getting the dlc anyway as i have little faith in the next 2 instalments but hope this doesn't continue.

I'll have to uninstall it totally from my PS4 then. I barely have any room on the hard drive as it is. :(

I like that when you get a promotion during a match if a player is near you their character will congratulate you.
  • The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These 400ms ping spikes are bullshit, i am getting sick to the back teeth of it now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finished the campaign. Towards the end it got real trippy.
    On a whole I liked it even though it reminded me of Crysis 2.
  • mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MsLurker wrote: »
    Finished the campaign. Towards the end it got real trippy.
    On a whole I liked it even though it reminded me of Crysis 2.

Without spoilers, did it get better than the first half which seemed to be just continuously shooting robots? I don't want to shoot robots all the time, it's dull, I lost interest but would happily get back involved if it gets better?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mojobrew wrote: »
    Without spoilers, did it get better than the first half which seemed to be just continuously shooting robots? I don't want to shoot robots all the time, it's dull, I lost interest but would happily get back involved if it gets better?

Still lots of robots towards the end. I did like the second half much more though. After you do finish a new mode opens up so you can kill zombies.

Have to give them credit they have packed a lot into this game.
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    "Imagine a frozen forest......" - ARGH!!! Shoot me now!! ARGH!!!
  • the dourflathe dourfla Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another 9 gig download and for what?
  • The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wall breaches, glitches, ping spikes?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still laggy, still people out of the map on splash. They have added about 5 new weapons and a hundred or so camos and they probably are going to do this all year. Don't know if its the reason but will probably have to delete this game when the new cod comes out just to make space.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone think they'll ever go back to basics? Or do the majority of people actually like all this wall running, power jumping, robots futuristic stuff?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone think they'll ever go back to basics? Or do the majority of people actually like all this wall running, power jumping, robots futuristic stuff?
    I like the game but can't do all the fancy wall running to save my life. :( I would prefer it to go back to normal combat but dunno if that'll happen.

I'm glad they changed the map voting system. No more Combine 10 times in a row.
    Forum Member
    will probably have to delete this game when the new cod comes out just to make space.

S'alright, you can have a couple of years off after this one. Ghosts 2 and AW2, erm, no thanks.

Took me an hour to get on, just for a game of ZM this morning. First a system update, and then this mofo. >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know I'm boring but I yearn for a game, or at least a mode, where the main aim is actually shooting people with guns. Not blowing them up, calling in air support or knifing (which I've never understood as a one-shot-kill).

I want essentially a Barebones mode but with no RPGs, grenades or knifes... just guns.
    Forum Member
    I know I'm boring but I yearn for a game, or at least a mode, where the main aim is actually shooting people with guns. Not blowing them up, calling in air support or knifing (which I've never understood as a one-shot-kill).

I want essentially a Barebones mode but with no RPGs, grenades or knifes... just guns.

Gun game is probably the closest you'll get to that. Is Gun game in this one, I forget?

Few additions to ZM thanks to the latest, huge update - you now get daily challenges, which look like they yield XP, and Death Machine power drop has been added to The Giant map - presumably it's also been added to SOE as well.
  • heyrehairheyrehair Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I own this but have been too busy on Battlefront to play yet. Is there not an option to set private servers and configure weapons, perks settings to your liking etc?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    heyrehair wrote: »
    I own this but have been too busy on Battlefront to play yet. Is there not an option to set private servers and configure weapons, perks settings to your liking etc?

That would require friends & organisation, something I had back in the days of COD4 up to about Blops, but then I had children. I no longer have friends nor organisation.

We used to do some good organised matches with the dsGB team on here (remember the RC car races on Blops guys?!?) but I think that time has somewhat passed us by.
  • heyrehairheyrehair Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That would require friends & organisation, something I had back in the days of COD4 up to about Blops, but then I had children. I no longer have friends nor organisation.

We used to do some good organised matches with the dsGB team on here (remember the RC car races on Blops guys?!?) but I think that time has somewhat passed us by.

Yeah - I can relate to this, I have a six month old, which is another reason why I haven't started this game properly yet :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Those were the golden years :) RCXD racing was the bomb
    Forum Member
    New CoD game announced. No title, no details, just that one's coming later in the year.

Most pointless announcement ever? Anyone NOT expecting a CoD game this year?

One news site lead with the line "The original Developers return to Call of Duty, three years after Ghosts." - Original Developers? Are West & Zampella returning? Of course not, they're talking about (Fake) IW, which probably means Ghosts 2. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...........
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hated Ghosts campaign but was probably the only person that quite liked the multiplayer. I'll get me coat.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The lead multiplayer designer returned to Infinity Ward from Respawn last year and lasted 4 months before he decided he doesn't want his name associated with this game. Why these devs don't listen to fans and think they know best is beyond me. Now they are saying its the most innotive cod yet as they do every year when all people want is classic cod.
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Dont know why they just dont release a remake to modern warfare or mw2 on the next gen systems with all bugs/expolits sorted.

They would make so much money and brig people back to cod but Cod is now an esport thing more than ever and that just sucks!
  • scorpionatthepcscorpionatthepc Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    MsLurker wrote: »
    I hated Ghosts campaign but was probably the only person that quite liked the multiplayer. I'll get me coat.

I liked it too. I even bought the season pass.
  • magic martinmagic martin Posts: 594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked it too. I even bought the season pass.

Ghosts is the only shooting game I play - try to play most days. - I'm old fashioned and hate the wall running, hovering etc. Hoping Ghosts 2 will be "back in the present"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whew not just me then :D

Lol I got killed by my own teammate yesterday in BO3. I was firing my sparrow bow when they ran right in front of me just as I fired the arrow. It stuck in their back and blow me up.