iOS 6 Thoughts?

Comments

• -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    I made the mistake of syncing Facebook contacts and now everybody on my Facebook is in my contacts. I've tried deleting them but it doesn't work aaaaaahh

Other than that I like it

Open contacts and click on Groups, untick Facebook.
  • Stephen93Stephen93 Posts: 1,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've downloaded IOS6 on my iPad 2, Maps is rubbish, no street view , no Siri, can't see what the 200 new features are, totally unimpressed.
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    What's this Passbook all about?

It is Apple's answer to NFC.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    A couple of errors when trying to install it via the phone at 6.00pm, it was to be expected at that time. It's installed fine since (about 60 minutes start to finish)

I started using the new YouTube app a couple of days ago and actually like that one better so no problems there (on an iPhone at least)

Some of the turn-by-turn stuff on Apple Maps is nice but then some of the images don't render very well and venue locations can be positioned poorly (the wrong side of the street etc). The 3D fly over is fun to play with but I'll miss Street View as it was practical to get the feel of a location before going there, especially in busy cities. Hopefully we'll still see a Google Maps app released soon.

I like the panorama mode. I've already got apps that do this for me but it's nice to have it in the main camera and it's easy to capture. Be wary they'll take up plenty of space on your phone if you're saving them - imagine size is 10800 × 2338 and come to about 17MB each.

Siri, like maps, needs more work to build up accuracy and locations. The sports results is a novelty although something I'll still pull out of the Sky Sports Score Centre app most of the time
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evi has lost her voice under IOS 6 :(

EDIT : fixed now
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    psionic wrote: »
    Hmm on mine it asked for permission to use my location.

Check Privacy>Location Services>Safari>On ?

Yep.. on, but just a blank page
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe that I was an adopter of the iPad on day one and cannot get iOS6.
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    So far I'm pretty happy with the update on my 3GS.
    The look of maps is slightly disapointing, but its not a highly used app anyway.
    I am rather liking the full screen safari and the Facebook integration for photos.
  • CoolboyACoolboyA Posts: 10,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm thoroughly unimpressed with iOS. It's the exact same as every previous version except we now have a few redesigned apps, awful new Maps and "Passbook" which only seems to work with Lufthansa... oh, and it slower in general on my iPod Touch 4th gen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    seems quicker on my Iphone 4 - quicker all round
  • coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am updating the wife's 3GS it seems to be taking forever,looks like the USA and the world is now DL IO6 at the same time as me
  • IzakIzak Posts: 3,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Updated to iOS with now problems at all at about 6:10pm on my iPad 3. Everything working ok, impressed with Siri. Never used it before so it's quite a novelty!

The Maps app is good but the satellite view doesn't zoom in as far on our house but flyover is great over London and other cities. But because of the satellite view, I have put Google Maps website link on my home page too.

Had an e-mail from Apple at 7:15pm to say my iPhone 5 is on its way via UPS and should be with me on Friday!!
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    Stephen93 wrote: »
    I've downloaded IOS6 on my iPad 2, Maps is rubbish, no street view , no Siri, can't see what the 200 new features are, totally unimpressed.

Have to agree, seems an utter waste of space on iPad2
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just opened Passbook for the first time. Then clicked app-store at the bottom.

The app then crashed.

Ace!
  • wiltwilt Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just opened Passbook for the first time. Then clicked app-store at the bottom.

The app then crashed.

Ace!

It just works.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know when the YouTube app comes out for the iPad? I watch a lot of stuff on youtube and dont want to lose that with the update, especially as most videos dont work on safari.
  • KesterKKesterK Posts: 3,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The app then crashed.

Ace!

I think it's getting confused. It doesn't look like there's anything available for passbook in the UK yet (or certainly can't find anything in the App Store).
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    treefr0g wrote: »
    I can't believe that I was an adopter of the iPad on day one and cannot get iOS6.
    Complaining does not work so I might suggest gloating.

:confused:
  • TigerpawsTigerpaws Posts: 11,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Legacy o9 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the YouTube app comes out for the iPad? I watch a lot of stuff on youtube and dont want to lose that with the update, especially as most videos dont work on safari.

Until the app is released you can still use it through the web
  • Cunny FuntCunny Funt Posts: 1,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just have a few bug bears if anyone can help please.

All my Facebook contacts birthdays are now in my calendar... Any idea how I turn this off please?

Also, the keypad and iPod is now light, instead of my preferred darker colour. Any idea if we can change this please?

All in all though I'm pretty impressed with it. Safari seems loads faster too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KesterK wrote: »
    I think it's getting confused. It doesn't look like there's anything available for passbook in the UK yet (or certainly can't find anything in the App Store).

Yeah, it just comes up with a Lufthansa airline thing. I guess i was right a month ago when i said it would only be useful in the US of A!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cunny Funt wrote: »
    Also, the keypad and iPod is now light, instead of my preferred darker colour. Any idea if we can change this please?

I noticed this, its gone transparent.
  • mia75mia75 Posts: 9,352
    Forum Member
    Did my iphone4 no problem, but trying to do my iPad 2, but it won't give me the option to install?
  • Cunny FuntCunny Funt Posts: 1,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed this, its gone transparent.

It's horrible! I really do much prefer darker backgrounds and it was lovely before so no idea why they've changed it.
  • late8late8 Posts: 7,175
    Forum Member
    Stephen93 wrote: »

Classic Apple froth and bollocks.

people starting to realise how much they BS. The 200 new features are the same thing updated basically. Most of which are hidden in the running of the OS.

Maps is a total step backwards IMO. + the OS does feel slower!. Im shure they do it on everything but the newest device (iPhone5) to make everything else slower. :rolleyes: