Options

Star Wars Battlefront

Comments

• Options
    shoestring25shoestring25 Posts: 4,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im definitely going to get this but doesn't mean im not worried about it. the release date is pretty much set in stone due to its proximity to the the star wars film release. we all know about previous issues with battlefield 4 will dice get this done in time. i do like the fact the first bit of DLC will be free and it ties in with the new film
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Many hours were spent as a child playing Star Wars Battlefront and Star Wars Battlefront 2 so I'd love to play this.
    But unfortunately, my main console is the Wii U and the chances of EA releasing a game on the Wii U are probably smaller than the chances of winning the lottery two weeks in a row.

Maybe I'll get a PS4 to play this, but I doubt there's any point considering I spend half my time at Uni, away from a television.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hopefully the mods will be just as good as the battlefront 2 ones!
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Heard about this last year, and was massively excited. I never played much of the original but I have fond memories of the second one. I'm not a fan of FPS games, so a third person one set in the world of Star Wars was amazing to me - the prospect of a new game, brilliant! I've not afforded a PS4 yet, but this was one of the games that was helping me get around to it.

Now they confirm that there's no space battles (um, Star Wars), the planet-count has been streamlined to a handful when the PS2 counterparts were capable of over a dozen without even counting the space locations, and the biggest offence of all is the lack of a campaign - essentially a single player mode. Not everyone likes multiplayer!!! Some of us buy games and play the single player mode, and don't even look into the multiplayer because it is of absolute zero interest. My interest in this game, has respectively fallen to zero.

It seems like a massive misstep as well. This is the essentially a tie-in game to one of the biggest films of the year, probably of the decade so far, and would sell a whole lot better if there was actually a whole game here. Not just an online experience that is a lite-version of what a PS2 game was capable of, and for a fraction of the cost when you factor in the inevitable DLC and microtransactions that will be part of the "full experience".

Utterly gutted, and I shan't be buying any more. Guess I'll have to find some PS4 inspiration elsewhere.
  • Options
    heyrehairheyrehair Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Might be time to power up the Gamecube for this again....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu2IBhf9F4k
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    heyrehair wrote: »
    Might be time to power up the Gamecube for this again....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu2IBhf9F4k

Oh yes, I still have that and dust it off now and again.

I still have SWB2 on Xbox as well. Works on 360 IIRC. I'll dig it out the garage and have a bash when I finally get a day off.
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not saying you're wrong.. but are you sure? A lot of Star Wars happened on planets. The main "battle" was mostly around the Death Star which again could arguably be a planet battle rather than a space one.

Space is boring. Who wants to play a shooter where you're just flying around a big empty box?

I do, they had it in Battlefront 2 and everybody loved it. What you are saying is that you want Battlefront to be like every other shooter going right now, that is just boring.
  • Options
    DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Davonator wrote: »

So basically, this game has gone backwards...........

I'm not even surprised anymore.
  • Options
    DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear this doesn't bode well they're already pre-announcing the DLC. This one seems to be free but I bet a lot more (paid) content is to come

http://ps4daily.com/2015/08/ea-reveals-the-first-official-star-wars-battlefront-dlc/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Davonator wrote: »
    Oh dear this doesn't bode well they're already pre-announcing the DLC. This one seems to be free but I bet a lot more (paid) content is to come

http://ps4daily.com/2015/08/ea-reveals-the-first-official-star-wars-battlefront-dlc/

I'm sure I heard the point of the Jaaku mission coming as DLC is to avoid too many spoilers early on as it's linked to the beginning of the new movie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PS4, PC and Xbox One beta coming in October.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Open beta will run October 8th - 12th.

Walker Assault on Hoth: Fight in epic 40-player battles as a Rebel to destroy the Empire’s onslaught of AT-AT’s by calling in Y-wing bombers. Or, side with the Empire and protect your walkers while utilizing their mighty weaponry to crush the Rebel objective.

Drop Zone on Sullust: Escape pods are crashing down and you and your team must fight to control them. With its frantic 8v8 matches, Drop Zone is sure to put your combat and strategy skills to the test.

Survival Mission on Tatooine: Play alone or with a friend via co-op or split-screen as you battle to hold off waves of Imperial forces including AT-ST’s, TIE fighters, elite stormtroopers, and more.
  • Options
    the dourflathe dourfla Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They said survival can be played offline so would that mean you could still play it after the beta ends.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They said survival can be played offline so would that mean you could still play it after the beta ends.

Interesting question. It would be cool if you could continue to play that afterwards. If they wanted to stop that I suppose it might still require a connection to work, even when you're playing solo/local. Or maybe they'll just slap an expiry date on the beta download so it can't be launched.
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    do you have to sign up for this beta?

also it can be deleted from hdd after right? lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    do you have to sign up for this beta?

also it can be deleted from hdd after right? lol

Its open beta, so no sign up required. Just download from PSN, Xbox Live or Origin.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I asked the question, and EA replied - "Everything related to the beta ends on October 12th."
  • Options
    dave666dave666 Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I asked the question, and EA replied - "Everything related to the beta ends on October 12th."

I read the beta terms to play survival on the beta you need to be connected online.
    In the final release you will be able to play offline
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    dave666 wrote: »
    I read the beta terms to play survival on the beta you need to be connected online.
    In the final release you will be able to play offline

What exactly will you be able to do Offline? There is no single player aspect to it...
  • Options
    the dourflathe dourfla Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There in no campaign but rather co op missions that you can do on your own.
  • Options
    fluffedfluffed Posts: 1,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Open beta tomorrow, people streaming the early access beta have made me really kind of hyped for this!
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    fluffed wrote: »
    Open beta tomorrow, people streaming the early access beta have made me really kind of hyped for this!

is this open on all platforms ?

already pre-ordered the game on xbox one
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    is this open on all platforms ?

already pre-ordered the game on xbox one

Yep, just download tomorrow from Xbox Live, PSN or Origin.