Rihanna's horrible attitude to an interviewer regarding Chris Brown

Comments

• HelenSnowflakeHelenSnowflake Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    It's quite obvious she comes from the Cheryl Cole school of dealing with the media...play up to it when it suits then shun it when you get fairly questioned. Britneys meltdown you could kind of understand...Rihanna just has too many people scared of questioning what a stroppy nightmare she's turning into.
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rihanna is vile. period
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pugamo wrote: »
    I really think rose&ribbon was just stating their opinion, not hoping for it to happen. After going through abuse, and now it seems she's using a lot of drugs and clubbing every other night, common sense would dictate that things might come to a head for her.

This is what i was trying to say i don't want her to have breakdown i just think she is trying her best to over up the fact she is very unhappy.
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It upsets me that you keep asking the same kind of questions about stuff that's trivial

The interviewer's asking her about working with someone who previously assaulted her - is she really calling that a trivial subject, or am I misunderstanding her?!

Because if she is, she sounds like an idiot to me. I know it's her business - nobody else's - whether she forgives him or not but as others have stated, she knew exactly what she was doing by working with him. The song choice, the lyrical content seemed deliberate to court attention imo. It seemed to be more about that than about public forgiveness. That was the problem I think.
    It's quite obvious she comes from the Cheryl Cole school of dealing with the media...play up to it when it suits then shun it when you get fairly questioned

^ I agree to a point. Don't get me wrong, if I was Rihanna (or Cheryl) I wouldn't want to keep repeating myself about a sensitive subject. The media don't let things go easily. BUT both women sing and choose songs which play up to their personal circumstances so what do they expect? :rolleyes: A recent interviewer called Cheryl out about this too
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    QueenMaude wrote: »
    And that makes ALL the difference!

Ok. :rolleyes: It's like telling someone from Ireland that they're from England.
  • OnDatKryptoniteOnDatKryptonite Posts: 1,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    Ok. :rolleyes: It's like telling someone from Ireland that they're from England.

My point is she's from Tennessee or Kentucky so having Southern tics in her accent is weird. Now regardless of the Carribean island she's from, her having those tics is no less weird.

A more suitable comparison would be someone from Ireland speaking like someone from Chelsea or Kensington if they've never lived there and don't come from that area.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    PJ1893 wrote: »
    The interviewer's asking her about working with someone who previously assaulted her - is she really calling that a trivial subject, or am I misunderstanding her?!

Because if she is, she sounds like an idiot to me. I know it's her business - nobody else's - whether she forgives him or not but as others have stated, she knew exactly what she was doing by working with him. The song choice, the lyrical content seemed deliberate to court attention imo. It seemed to be more about that than about public forgiveness. That was the problem I think.

Had it been about Rihanna publicly forgiving him, and thus allowing people to forgive him with her "blessing", there would have been a collaboration, and a tweet about moving on etc. But Rihanna went to the extreme. She was making fun of CB's current gf, encouraging the thought, that she was actually getting back together with him, and he was cheating on his gf with Rihanna. Both Rihanna and CB pushed forward this idea. Then he stopped, when the collobaration was out, and Rihanna didn't. IMO she was promised more than she got. She got to promote the guy who beat her up, while she thought they were getting back together. JMO.

So, now she is pissy, because she was publicly humiliated again by the guy who hit her before. But she should know by now how the media works. It's like offering a 10 course meal to a dinner party, and then complaining afterwards, that they really ate it all, and didn't only eat the soup.
  • EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely she's had enough media training to have a stock answer for that line of questioning? You know, the sort that is obviously rehearsed but puts a firm stop to any further questions without giving anything away.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My point is she's from Tennessee or Kentucky so having Southern tics in her accent is weird. Now regardless of the Carribean island she's from, her having those tics is no less weird.

A more suitable comparison would be someone from Ireland speaking like someone from Chelsea or Kensington if they've never lived there and don't come from that area.

It's not really a southern thing only to say ya'll. It's a black American street culture type thing as well. Don't forget she's live in the states for quite a while.
  • OnDatKryptoniteOnDatKryptonite Posts: 1,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not really a southern thing only to say ya'll. It's a black American street culture type thing as well. Don't forget she's live in the states for quite a while.

It really depends on the region. It is more a down South thing and she's only lived in California sparingly due to her hectic schedule. I doubt she even hangs with E-40.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It really depends on the region. It is more a down South thing and she's only lived in California sparingly due to her hectic schedule. I doubt she even hangs with E-40.

What's e 40?
  • autumnautumn Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder how long it will take before people stop referring to Chris Brown and Rhianna's domestic. Tommy Lee beat Pamela Anderson and was sentenced to 6 months, (Pamela did not want jail time), but no one comments if they are pictured together. There was also an incident between Lee and Kid Rock. Also not forgetting Jack Nicholson and the prostitute(s), but Jack's always seen as a good guy. I could go on. Maybe in ten years Chris and Rhianna will be able to sit through an interview without the past being dragged up, but somehow I don't think so.
  • koshernostrakoshernostra Posts: 662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find it tragic a girl from the Bahamas is using y'all like she's Southern American.

As for her remarks, she's been in a bubble since she was 17 as much as she has been the public spotlight. You can't expect someone growing up in an abnormal way in public to have sound principles nor can you expect a trained performer and extrovert to get back in her box. She is what she is, as damaged as that may be, and for us to try hold her to a higher standard when she never claimed to be Little Ms Perfect the Virginal Perfect Judge is like trying to kill a cat for daring to purr, it's what she does.

Rhianna is not from the Bahamas, she is from Barbados. Big difference.

Y'all is not a phrase exclusive to southern united states. It's quite wide spread and is used a lot by black Americans. It is also a popular West India expression, which is where Barbados is.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    autumn wrote: »
    I wonder how long it will take before people stop referring to Chris Brown and Rhianna's domestic. Tommy Lee beat Pamela Anderson and was sentenced to 6 months, (Pamela did not want jail time), but no one comments if they are pictured together. There was also an incident between Lee and Kid Rock. Also not forgetting Jack Nicholson and the prostitute(s), but Jack's always seen as a good guy. I could go on. Maybe in ten years Chris and Rhianna will be able to sit through an interview without the past being dragged up, but somehow I don't think so.

Why it being brought up now, is because they collaborated (and publicized the collaboration in a quite unusual manner) just recently. Had they not collaborated together, it would for sure be mentioned less and less as time goes by.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,910
    Forum Member
    I think there's stuff going on that she and her PR might be protecting.

It could just be fames gone to her head but there seems to be something lurking in the background.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rhianna is not from the Bahamas, she is from Barbados. Big difference.

Y'all is not a phrase exclusive to southern united states. It's quite wide spread and is used a lot by black Americans. It is also a popular West India expression, which is where Barbados is.

I did mention most of what you said already in a previous post. :rolleyes:
  • FatsiaFatsia Posts: 1,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

...but most of those who you mention were already very established famous figures. In my world (I'm in my 40s) Rihanna only came to public attention because of having the cr@p beaten out of her by CB. This is the only thing that most people know her for - and for controversially returning to duet with her assailant. (OK and for forgetting to get dressed most days :rolleyes: sorry.. I did say I'm in my 40s!)
    If she thinks this will just go away quietly she is the one who needs to move on from it. She clearly does not want people to stop talking about her, which based on her music alone, they possibly would.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did mention most of what you said already in a previous post. :rolleyes:

I didn't read every single response, besides all you mentioned was she was from Barbados, I went a little further, get of it. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I chalk a lot of that being a 'colour' thing. Black men are forever being vilified in the media. Charlie Sheen is a regular woman better, who even shot one of his girlfriends. Same people vilifying Brown love Sheen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't read every single response, besides all you mentioned was she was from Barbados, I went a little further, get of it. :rolleyes:

:yawn: Oh really, so what's this then?

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »

Yes, I agree. What an idiot the interviewer is!
  • XassyXassy Posts: 9,365
    Forum Member

The collab between Chris and Rihanna is still a recent thing, so it's still current news. Just because other men appear to get away with it doesn't mean we should let all others do so. People who smash other people's faces in are scum IMO. I don't care if you're male or female, it's equally vile and I'm glad Chris Brown is still living in the shadows of what he did.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She honestly has no f*cks to give. I love her.
  • LemonPledgeLemonPledge Posts: 6,277
    Forum Member
    She's probably doing drugs/partying a lot because Chris Brown isn't going to leave her new girl for her. She's probably embarrassed.
  • MadameGuvnorMadameGuvnor Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    Of course Rihanna lives in a bubble. She's famous, remember and like all famous folk, doesn't even acknowledge the real world, let alone live in it.