Sunday Brunch - Channel 4 - Tim Lovejoy

Comments

• Mumsy24Mumsy24 Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    Here's a thought, if you don't like a presenter, don't watch the programme.
    He's absolutely fine at what he does.

But that's the problem LG. I want to see -And Hear- the guests and the cooking slots. Not a self inflated ego of a very poor presenter.
    There must be more than enough good presenters who need work out there.

Can you imagine Michael Parkinson talking over his guests or asking questions and not listening to their answers whilst promoting his own arrogance?

I think not!
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The man is an arse.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mumsy24 wrote: »
    But that's the problem LG. I want to see -And Hear- the guests and the cooking slots. Not a self inflated ego of a very poor presenter.

Can you imagine Michael Parkinson talking over his guests or asking questions and not listening to their answers whilst promoting his own arrogance?

I think not!

Good point. I've never seen a presenter looking like they are listening through an earpiece as much as Lovejoy!
    He has absolutely no natural charm or fluidity on TV at all!
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,373
    Forum Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIEeI_U916k

Interesting clip of him flashing his stupid Brietling watch off - Look at the body language and listen to what he is saying - the guy is insecure.
    What do they say about a man and the size of his watch?

That was so obvious with the watch :D can't stand that camera thing they do now, shaking it about, makes me dizzy.
  • strictmachinestrictmachine Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mumsy24 wrote: »

I think not!

Same here Mumsy, there are some very good recipes on the show and often guests I would like to watch but Tim just takes over everything and I find it too off putting. I also like the lady who talks about wines and beers and the likes but often I find she gets talked over.
  • C HorseC Horse Posts: 747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good to see him outclassed this morning ... not only by Seasick Steve ... but also by the bairns off Little Mix - both Perrie and Jade were funnier than him at times.

By the way ... was it someone's birthday today?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1hour.22mins in http://www.channel4.com/programmes/sunday-brunch/4od#3514950 typical Lovejoy cockup - obviously been told what to say through earpiece "I read somewhere that this there have been 220 Mersyside derbies", realizing his mistake the producers tell him that it's the 220th derby instead! Such cringeworthy poor TV skills.
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I played football against him and SoccerAM in 2000, at that point, still up and coming, he was down to earth and friendly. Around 4 years later, I went to see SoccerAM going out live and he had definitely changed; I asked him about the game we'd played, he pretended he had no knowledge of it and didn't seem at all interest in even speaking to people who had gone to watch. I can only assume that the glory days of that show had gone to his head by then.
    I'm sure he has a decent side - he has a wife and kids - it could just be the way he is - but I do agree that he still comes over as loving himself too much.

Tim's now divorced.
  • YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    Flanno wrote: »
    Tim's now divorced.

His pregnant girlfriend must be due to give birth he mentioned weeks ago she only had a few weeks to go, I thought he was distracted and vacant at times today , like others, I find him a bit irritating but I watch it most sundays :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My wife can't stand him. I just think he's a bit crap.
  • DANCE OF DEATHDANCE OF DEATH Posts: 4,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find that if I am watching anything and Lovejoy pops up on the programme I normally switch the TV over. I find Lovejoy an egomatic, big headed dick-head and that is putting it mildly..
  • jonbwfcjonbwfc Posts: 18,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Review of Tim's Book

This link must be posted on any thread involving Lovejoy. It's a rule.
  • boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1hour.22mins in http://www.channel4.com/programmes/sunday-brunch/4od#3514950 typical Lovejoy cockup - obviously been told what to say through earpiece "I read somewhere that this there have been 220 Mersyside derbies", realizing his mistake the producers tell him that it's the 220th derby instead! Such cringeworthy poor TV skills.

Is that you Hazel?
  • Gregg_LUFCGregg_LUFC Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    C Horse wrote: »
    Good to see him outclassed this morning ... not only by Seasick Steve ... but also by the bairns off Little Mix - both Perrie and Jade were funnier than him at times.

By the way ... was it someone's birthday today?

If you thought Perrie and Jade were funny then you must have a low opinion of yourself.

They were annoying and made me want to punch things
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gregg_LUFC wrote: »
    If you thought Perrie and Jade were funny then you must have a low opinion of yourself.

They were annoying and made me want to punch things

Did I say that they were funny?

Low opinion of myself?

Punch things?

Not a Leeds supporter by any chance?

It's all about opinions ... not about hurling personal insults at posters
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jonbwfc wrote: »
    Review of Tim's Book

Sums him up well. The comments are hilarious!

Does anyone actually like the guy!
    Forum Member
    Did I say that they were funny?

Low opinion of myself?

Punch things?

Not a Leeds supporter by any chance?

It's all about opinions ... not about hurling personal insults at posters

Yeah if you read your post you'll notice that you said they were funnier than lovejoy. This makes me think you found them funny

Yes they fill me with anger. Anger makes people want to punch things.

Did the LUFC in my username help you to come to the conclusion that I'm a Leeds supporter?

My post that quoted your post was my opinion
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is just a massive c*nt. An example of how being utterly stupid and ignorant can get you on mainstream tv in this day and age.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gregg_LUFC wrote: »
    Yes they fill me with anger. Anger makes people want to punch things.

You can get help for that.

Lovejoy was still outshone by most of his guests.
    Forum Member
    You can get help for that.

Lovejoy was still outshone by most of his guests.

I don't need help I can control it but thanks for your concern.

He's supposed to be outshone buy his guests they're all there to plug something and gain attention. It's going to happen
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jonbwfc wrote: »
    Review of Tim's Book

That's a good idea.
    Wish I'd have thought of it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We're almost agreeing.

The thread is about how amateurish he is ... he always has been.

The only difference is that now he thinks he's a star.

Today's show (and, no doubt next weeks show and the weeks after) will show that the unscripted retorts of the likes of Jade, Perrie and Seasick Steve show him for what he actually is.

Even with an earpiece and a script, he can't cut it.

Shall we have the same conversation next Sunday, Gregg?
    Forum Member
    We're almost agreeing.

The thread is about how amateurish he is ... he always has been.

The only difference is that now he thinks he's a star.

Today's show (and, no doubt next weeks show and the weeks after) will show that the unscripted retorts of the likes of Jade, Perrie and Seasick Steve show him for what he actually is.

Even with an earpiece and a script, he can't cut it.

Shall we have the same conversation next Sunday, Gregg?

I've been watching him since 1994 when he started soccer am and I've always found him to be entertaining. Both our opinions will not matter to him. The guys a multi millionaire the very fact that he gets under your skin is hilarious. I'm not quite sure why you have this idea that he thinks he's a star? The fact that he's been in full and gainful employment since the early nineties on TV as a producer and presenter would suggest that he can "cut it"

I'll pass on next Sunday
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's fine.

You and IloveWallander can enjoy your Lovejoy love in.

The rest of us on this thread would like to see someone a little more professional, with a lot more talent, and able to present better on live TV.

Read the review
  • Ex PatEx Pat Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    Ah leave Lovejoy alone. If he wasn't on the telly, you would have to see him serving up Big Macs in your local McD's. :)