Job Scam WARNING

lordo350lordo350 Posts: 3,634
Forum Member
✭✭✭
As I know there are several people on here like me who are looking for work, I thought I'd give you guys a heads up. I got this email today from a company that I later looked up, and it's all bull crap. It's really, really annoyed me in all honesty. A month and a half later and I'm still jobless, and it's days like today it feels so worth it to be 20k in debt from a degree.

Here is the email in full:

Congratulations! Based on your Resume on totaljobs.com, we are pleased to offer you the following job.

The position we are offering is FSA agent. The Compensation is 1,500 GBP per month during trial period. Your working schedule will be Monday through Friday for 2-3 hours a day.

Probationary period - 30 working days from the day you apply.

Employee Benefits Include:
- Dental Care
- Health care
- Vacation - 4 weeks per annum
- And others
All benefits will take effect only after probationary period.

We would be happy to start working with you as soon as possible. Please report to Michelle Taylor as soon as you receive this offer, for documentation and orientation.

Please fill out and send us the form below with your contact details to secure your alien permanent employment certification card.

F O R M _________F O R M
Full Name: ____________________
Address: ____________________
Phone: ________________________
Preferred call time: _______________
F O R M _________F O R M

Respectfully,
Michelle Taylor
Recruitment Manager

The company went under the name of IT Group Ltd ( http://www.it-groupltd.com/job/finance2?lang=uk) and research has suggested to me similar offers to this have led to people unknowingly laundering money for criminals.

Anyroad, I've reported these scheming pieces of filth and I just wanted to make sure no job seeker on here falls for it. They have been known to send this information through other email addresses and companies. Things like this disgust me, and I'm just a little angry at their audacity!

Comments

• exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    I note they give an address in my town, I'll take a drive by tomorrow and see what's what.
  • crunchienutcrunchienut Posts: 885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's loads of scam jobs all over the shop.
    I'm sure most of them probably aren't connected to money laundering, but they have some kind of agenda.
    Its disgusting, taking advantage of desperate people.
  • SaigoSaigo Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    Anyone who would fall for that does not deserve a job.
  • rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saigo wrote: »
    Anyone who would fall for that does not deserve a job.

This

Being offered 18k a year for 2-3 hours work a day :D