Any collectors of lip balms or other random 'everyday' items?

2»

Comments

• LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    I love kitchen stuff, mugs, plates, bowls, glasses etc. I only ever buy 1 of each so its all nicely mis-matched :D
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    IzzyS wrote: »
    Thats what the lady at the counter said :D the thing is though, the packaging is so appealing, I feel I'd spoil it by opening them! their still sitting there unopened :blush:

I like the little miniature metal tubs ones. Carmex original. All 100% masculine obviously ;-)
  • BethaneenyBethaneeny Posts: 10,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    P1050472.jpg

Just the ones I could find! This is an old photo aswell, it's probably doubled now!
    It's not intentional though, if I can't find one and i'm in town, I just get a new one. Most are at home/in my uni house/in my car/in bags
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
    I only collect the left hands of my victims...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    I got another lipstick other day, red one..I like to try different colours :D body care in local town is 99p for their lippy's..I also collect scarves, earrings ( the cheap fashion ones, not expensive ones lol), and scented candles and yankee candles
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    I got another lipstick other day, red one..I like to try different colours :D body care in local town is 99p for their lippy's..I also collect scarves, earrings ( the cheap fashion ones, not expensive ones lol), and scented candles and yankee candles

:o their expensive
    Forum Member
    IzzyS wrote: »
    :o their expensive

i get the little ones, either the small sampler ones or the tartlet ones..I don't get the big jars as they are expensive..i nearly smashed one once in this card shop, i picked it up by the lid,,the lids are loose and dropped back on the shelf :o
  • Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love me some lip balm. My fave one in my collection is my Barack Obama lip balm. Yeah you heard that right. I saw it in a Washington DC gift shop and almost died.

I also got a new one from Primark of the Feast lolly. I never knew you could get something like that so I almost died again.

The lipsmacker ones of the fizzy drinks are awesome, I just want to eat them all!
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,924
    Forum Member
    I collect various bottles of shower gels.

I'm on a ban atm till we've worked our way through them.
    I'll keep the empties though :blush:
  • christina83christina83 Posts: 11,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I use to have a huge collection of shampoos and conditioners (always trying to get nice hair), but I've given up now.
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    lip balm?! Why would you collect lip balm?! :D

I get it when someone collects something with some sort of rarity, or value, but collecting some commercial, disposable product like lip balm, is lost on me.
  • livingdeadgirllivingdeadgirl Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went through a brief phase of collecting the lids off my beer bottles but eventually threw them away when I realised I was just adding to my already quite cluttered house. I did count up how many of each I had though, over 100 desperadoes, 70+ koppabergs, 64 of the brasserie range from tesco, and 30+ of the wychwood range (beers such as hobgoblin, very tasty).... I'm not an alcoholic though lol, these were saved over a period of about 8 months.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love me some lip balm. My fave one in my collection is my Barack Obama lip balm. Yeah you heard that right. I saw it in a Washington DC gift shop and almost died.

I also got a new one from Primark of the Feast lolly. I never knew you could get something like that so I almost died again.

The lipsmacker ones of the fizzy drinks are awesome, I just want to eat them all!

Seriously? :o thats a new one on me!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    lip balm?! Why would you collect lip balm?! :D

I get it when someone collects something with some sort of rarity, or value, but collecting some commercial, disposable product like lip balm, is lost on me.

Because I like the packaging/labels and the scents (especially the Lipsmacker range) and they look pretty when their all sat next to each other.

I have other collections worth a lot more though, like my childhood Disneyana collection and so on.
  • jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    I collect hats. I'm like magpie for them. They are so beautiful. :blush: I never wear any of them out, except for my straw trilby and straw cowboy hat on holiday. Though I do sit in the house sometimes with one perched on my head :blush::blush::blush::D
  • soda syphonsoda syphon Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    I collect nail varnishes, brooches, chunky rings. I've had to stop myself from collecting teapots, I have too many and nowhere to put them! In the past I have also collected vases, jugs and items of green glass.

But now I'm at the stage where I wonder, what's it all for? Why do we like to collect things? Will this compulsion never end?
    Forum Member
    I collect nail varnishes, brooches, chunky rings. I've had to stop myself from collecting teapots, I have too many and nowhere to put them! In the past I have also collected vases, jugs and items of green glass.

But now I'm at the stage where I wonder, what's it all for? Why do we like to collect things? Will this compulsion never end?

me too...also scarves, little beany bears or soft bear/animal toys..i like them ..also cupcake trinket or cupcake ornaments--my kitchen is full of them :D but im a bit of a buggar with earrings :o