Options

Knots Landing

Comments

• Options
    baggiovalderrambaggiovalderram Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    The end really is in sight now, only 10 episodes to go!

Who else has managed to make it this far then? Hands up if you're a Knots Landing Survivor. :D

Got to hold my hand up and say I've sky + the whole lot...my favourite time being the Lisa Hartman era...looking forward to the finishing line!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes, i am happy that it is over. to see nearly 300 Episodes in 1 year and 2 month was too much. i have seen them before, but that was a lifetime ago.

probably wont see it again thou i have digital copies of the cbs drama airing.
  • Options
    Sal*UKSal*UK Posts: 335
    Forum Member

Who else has managed to make it this far then? Hands up if you're a Knots Landing Survivor. :D

Yep - still with it! Think I shall start on Desparate Housewives next - spotted it the other morning somewhere ;-)
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I have managed to watch every single episode. :cool:
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good job, guys. I feel like we deserve some kind of medal for getting this far. :D

Wish there'd been a chat thread like this one for Dynasty whilst it was airing on CBS Drama. I probably could've ranted and rambled on for 100+ pages about the absurdities of that show. :p
  • Options
    The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    I've seen them all.

Even though i've seen them all before, I have no memory of the last three weeks or so.

The last thing I remember from watching it the first time around was Linda's murder. All the recent episodes are a blur. I have no recollection of Greg marrying Anne whatsoever.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes i have a similar problem; i did remember that claudia killed alex barth (poisoned him). but she didnt.
  • Options
    leicslad46leicslad46 Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i am looking forward to the end of KL but it will be back from the very beginning from around the 28th. Surely cbs drama cant keep flogging it and dallas over and over again
  • Options
    CPW4EVERCPW4EVER Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    leicslad46 wrote: »
    i am looking forward to the end of KL but it will be back from the very beginning from around the 28th. Surely cbs drama cant keep flogging it and dallas over and over again

Aside from some of the UK and Aussie stuff that they buy in, CBS tend to fill their schedules on both Action and Drama with programmes from their own catalogue.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Television_series_by_CBS_Paramount_Television

There's plenty of shows there that they haven't touched yet that they could air in place of the endless repeats. Strangely enough, Dynasty and The Colbys are the only two 80's soaps that they own whereas Dallas and Falcon Crest which have been repeated as nauseum were bought in. As I said before, they own the rights to Sunset Beach and Melrose Place so I'd love to see them again. They also own the rights to Savannah which starred Knots Landing's Ted Shackelford.
  • Options
    Valene1Valene1 Posts: 1,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've watched every episode even though I feel the last 3 seasons of Knots aren't as enjoyable as the earlier seasons. My favourite seasons were probably from 4 to some of 10.

I hope they show an old soap I haven't seen before like Falcon Crest or the original Melrose Place, although I did manage to see the odd episode of that on the old Living Channel. Or why not a soap currently showing in the US, the crazier the stories the better for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Valene1 wrote: »
    I've watched every episode even though I feel the last 3 seasons of Knots aren't as enjoyable as the earlier seasons. My favourite seasons were probably from 4 to some of 10.

I hope they show an old soap I haven't seen before like Falcon Crest or the original Melrose Place, although I did manage to see the odd episode of that on the old Living Channel. Or why not a soap currently showing in the US, the crazier the stories the better for me.

I'm still holding out hope for a full rerun of Melrose Place. Of the current US soaps, they own the rights to The Bold and the Beautiful which I'd like to get into again but they may be hesitant to show it given the fact that its had a mixed reception during the many times that its been aired in the UK before.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    CPW4EVER wrote: »
    For anyone that's interested, the final episode of the original Dallas airs tomorrow evening Tuesday 24th June at 7pm and features appearances from Gary and Val. Also, CBS Drama are airing the Knots Landing Block Party special on July 25th after the final regular episode airs on Thursday 24th. Then it's back to the very beginning from the following Monday although the show will only be airing at 8am and 6pm then with no late night showing.

Do you know if that is still the case? The listings say Jerry Springer is on at 10.55 on 25th July. :confused: Previously (last week I think) I did see The Block Party being listed for Friday, but can not find it now. Even my Sky guide doesn't list it.

http://www.locatetv.com/uk/listings/cbs-drama#25-Jul-2014
    http://my.tvguide.co.uk/channellisting.asp?ch=493&cTime=7/25/2014%206:00:00%20AM&thisTime=&thisDay=
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    someone on Soapchat says cbs drama wont air it, as they didnt get it from their source.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's gone from the CBS Drama TV guide now. That's unusual as UK Gold showed the block party when they aired reruns so I figured that the block party was just something that was sold as an extra episode when they were selling Knots into syndication.

On a random note, I accidentally ended up on the CBS Drama website for Eastern Europe and they are currently airing Sunset Beach so there's hope yet that we might see it here. For any Sunset Beach virgins, the cast includes Knots baddie Sam Behrens (Danny Waleska) and Knots bitch Kathleen Noone (Claudia) in pretty central roles.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh well. Shame about the Block Party. Seems it has been dropped after all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For anyone who really wants to see it, the Block Party can be watched here http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1omkkb_knots-landing-block-party_shortfilms
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, the more recent reunion retrospective "Together Again" can be watched here http://youtu.be/YuYoDoIQBvk
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh dear im so sad (excuse typing have booted up pad for first time ever in bed) abbey is back tonigh!!! Cant wait !!! t
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've missed Abby. :cool:
  • Options
    Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    I've missed Abby. :cool:

Knots Landing hasn't being the same without her just a shame she is only back for 1 more episode:( Can't believe this time tomorrow Knots Landing will be all over, i know it is starting again from the beginning but i don't think i will watch it again all the way through, i won't know what to do with myself at 10.55 pm:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nor me Fergie - but I am recording Desparate Housewives so might slot that in for the bedime watch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fergie86 wrote: »
    Knots Landing hasn't being the same without her just a shame she is only back for 1 more episode:( Can't believe this time tomorrow Knots Landing will be all over, i know it is starting again from the beginning but i don't think i will watch it again all the way through, i won't know what to do with myself at 10.55 pm:D

I know what you mean. 10.55 will be a wasteland now, :o I even watched KL on Christmas Day (and New Year's Eve) :)

I will not watch the re-runs either. Maybe here and there, but it won't be the same. It's not on at night anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    We really need to find something new peeps, if only to keep the lovely regulars on this thread together! Like minded folk and all that stuff.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sal*UK wrote: »
    We really need to find something new peeps, if only to keep the lovely regulars on this thread together! Like minded folk and all that stuff.

Yes we do. :)
    I hope you enjoy Desperate Housewives. I thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish. :cool: