DSFE 55 - Breaking More Waves in St Helier

Comments

• Options
    BethnalGreenBethnalGreen Posts: 12,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EuanDesu wrote: »
    Nah, Jem couldn't reply because she's banned. :D:D
    lol - ok will rephrase the question differently in that did Jem get her comeuppance before her ban from either (hopefully) a) Nightfox dancer or b) anyone else like Anne?
  • Options
    JordanC55JordanC55 Posts: 9,348
    Forum Member
    mikabv wrote: »
    He posted it on the thread.

But i won't change the recaps since I'm going tomorrow, so just shush.

That was quite rude Mika....
  • Options
    avbavb Posts: 9,612
    Forum Member
    RQ2:

Kosovo - That house could definitely do with a bit of refurbishing, and what's that dress all about?! The video's more interesting than the song, which doesn't totally stand out from the usual Balkan stuff, although it's ok.
    France - This turned up in the other contest last year and I didn't really see the fuss about it, although I have sympathy with anyone who gets France at the moment, I hope I don't get them again until they get their act together and release some decent songs again.
    Romania - This is a nice fun song, quite catchy.
    Serbia - Not totally a fan of this one.
    Macedonia - Always thought Kaliopi was a bit overrated, not really liking this either.
    Wallonia - Liking this one, good choice, all the best music videos have fire in them.
    Bulgaria - Bulgaria via Cuba! Castro loves a bit of chalga apparently, probably more than the voters will love this sadly. There are worse choices, it is fun at least.
    Croatia - As far as Balkan ballads go this is is quite a good one. Being the last of 5 or 6 in this contest may not do it any favours but could qualify.
    Belarus - From the Balkans to the Soviet bloc, and we step up a notch. A welcome return for Valeriya with her new Belarussian friend, really good song for Belarus, love it.
    Lithuania - Don't you hate it when you all turn up wearing the same outfit? I like the randomness of the dancers in the background, interspersed with people who have no interest whatsoever. There's something very unsettling about the whole thing, but the song isn't too bad.
    Flanders - Ooh, Beth Ditto, everyone's favourite Chiara lookalike. Liking this.
    Netherlands - The dollar sign in the song title is quite annoying, you'd never see me sending anything like that (rushes to delete all evidence of Ke$ha from Wiki page). By the end the song was becoming quite catchy.
    Monaco - Wailing nonsense set against a backdrop of majestic hills, it's almost as if Oonagh was back again!
    Luxembourg - This is a nice choice, hadn't heard of her before, nice song.

My 8 to qualify:

Romania
    Wallonia
    Croatia
    Belarus
    Lithuania
    Flanders
    Netherlands
    Luxembroug
  • Options
    EuanDesuEuanDesu Posts: 2,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ke$ha is a Queen! :)
  • Options
    AlexosAlexos Posts: 17,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    QF#1

Ukraine - Where is this incredible Elen Levon album I'm waiting for? This is no Wild Child, but it's quite good.
    Ireland - Not making a heavy impact.
    Albania - There have been some good songs for Albania lately, and this is one of them.
    Isle of Man - Quite pleasant.
    Wales - Not Leona's best.
    England - I like Mumford and this is getting quite a backlash in the post-Indie era.
    Montenegro - Bizarre and somewhat painful
    Moldova - Love their voices together, prayer circle for Moldova imo.
    Jersey - This was all right, though we won't be returning to St Helier for a third time I don't think.
    Northern Ireland - I like Carrie but not Miranda, and this song is not fulfilling any specification.
    Shetland Islands - Really liked Wolf Gang last time they were around for England, and this is also great. Looks like Louisiana to me.
    Bosnia - Most of these children look as bored as I am.
    Scotland - This impressed me, and felt more interesting than what I expected it was going to be from other reviews.
    Transnistria - I expected nothing much, but this was powerful and I enjoyed it a lot.
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was going to write reviews for QF1... then I realised I hated the overwhelming majority of songs in it... so thought it would look too harsh :D! Awful Quarter. A Strong start for the "bad countries", though. The majority of my points went to them.
  • Options
    BethnalGreenBethnalGreen Posts: 12,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boy am i glad that i am not in RQ1 lol
  • Options
    nunaneynunaney Posts: 1,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so worried that Macedonia won't go through :( Croatia had better qualify. it's one of my favorites.
  • Options
    mikabvmikabv Posts: 4,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JordanC55 wrote: »
    That was quite rude Mika....

Sorry, I didn't mean it like that, and I was joking. It's amazing how much you can be misunderstood if you don't add a smiley face. :p
  • Options
    TerryPTerryP Posts: 11,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will send off some votes later today and try to do some reviews too, think I have resigned myself to 2 semi-final exits at best, but that's okay, my bad country was awful and my good country is amongst a group of countries I just don't like getting so wasn't too optimistic to start with.

That being said I love both my songs and think they deserve the final, but maybe I have my rose tinted specs in that sense, anyways looking forward to the next contest instead and hoping I get the country for my really good song which I generally think I could win with.
  • Options
    yoshi94yoshi94 Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    That was one hell of a storm - Worthing is top UK story on BBC News :o About Gwen, I would do away with the regionals & re-draw, but someone has already voted in RQ4 & 5, so that can't work. I trust Gwen to vote honestly, so I'm tempted to let her vote as her main country, & vote for her second country on her honest opinions of it :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I little bit of shameless self promotion but it would be really great if all you guys here could vote in my new game I've sent up in the forum. It's the Eurovision Big Brother 2014 game and as many votes are needed as possible

• Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RQ1

01. UKRAINE Not as good as Wild Child but its terrible.
    02. IRELAND This is terrible though
    03. ALBANIA Was only slightly better than Ireland and I hated the video.
    04. ISLE OF MAN This is just dull
    05. WALES Leona was brought back for this dridge.
    06. ENGLAND Hate Mumford and Sons normally and this was no exception
    07. MONTENEGRO :D Love this but I hope its not serious.
    08. MOLDOVA back to the dull dridge
    09. JERSEY I have to find 10 of these to give points too :o
    10. NORTHERN IRELAND This is a lot better than her last song.
    11. SHETLAND ISLANDS This was on far too long for my liking not as bad as some in this RF though.
    12. BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA When this is a lot better than some of the entries here by a country mile there's something wrong.
    13. SCOTLAND Is this in English? Can't understand a word of it.
    14. TRANSNISTRIA This is the best all round really

What a terrible round can't believe I have to give 10 of these points
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RQ2

01. KOSOVO This is an OK start to the playlist
    02. FRANCE This is nice and Summery and catchy
    03. ROMANIA Typical Romanian song but I quite like it.
    04. SERBIA This is really good for Serbia
    05. MACEDONIA Kaliopi :) I quite like this
    06. WALLONIA My song of there's was better but its OK.
    07. BULGARIA This rounds so much better than the last one, this is quite catchy.
    08. CROATIA This is OK but again goes on too long and I lost interest.
    09. BELARUS This is really good for Belarus
    10. LITHUANIA First one I really didn't like.
    11. FLANDERS Flanders have the better Belgian song .
    12. NETHERLANDS OK 2nd song I don't like
    13. MONACO This was OK not the best song by religious leaders though
    14. LUXEMBOURG A song like this needs more energy and it gets a bit repetitive at the end

Over all much better than the last round which was just one terrible song after the other.
  • Options
    SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is dridge?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just gone through RQ1, do agree that it is a slightly poor heat, I wouldn't say it's awful, just quite a lot of safe, dull and similar sounding songs or more to the point not many memorable songs. There is probably only 3 of them that would challenge for a top 10 slot in my final on a normal standard final. After that it's mostly a bunch of song which are nice but rather inoffensive and would just make up the numbers are would usually be songs I would want to drop at the SF stage.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only managed to listen to about half the reveals and now RQ1, but from that I felt the general quality this edition was far down on last contest and quite a few other contests I can remember. That may just be me, but I am expecting most of the RQs to be slightly on the poor side. Phill has reviewed RQ2 and said it is much better then the first RQ, but even then he is not particularly glowing with praise for it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RQ2 is pretty crappy also. RQ3 is decent though - or at least, it starts off decent before the quality takes a dramatic dip.
  • Options
    dylanpartyondylanpartyon Posts: 11,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was gonna write a review, but then I saw all the other reviews, and my reviews are always awful sounding. So will do ratings for first time. I though RQ1 was alright. Yes filled with some similar, and some unsurprising entries, but Im good with that...

Ukraine - 8
    Ireland - 5
    Albania - 5
    Isle of Man - 9
    Wales - 7
    England - 8
    Montenegro - 3
    Moldova - 6
    Jersey - 7
    Northern Ireland - 4
    Shetland Islands - 9
    Bosnia-Herzegovina - 3
    Scotland - 9
    Transistria - 5
  • Options
    kvnkvn Posts: 8,782
    Forum Member
    QF2 far better than the first one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Everybody who had to vote in RQ1 has voted. Is everyone ok with me allowing Gwen to vote for her own weaker country if the wants to? I realise it's not ideal but I can't think of another solution, since I can't alter the RQs :/
    Edit: now I find Beer Girl's been banned too :(
  • Options
    Gwen 404Gwen 404 Posts: 3,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yoshi94 wrote: »
    Everybody who had to vote in RQ1 has voted. Is everyone ok with me allowing Gwen to vote for her own weaker country if the wants to? I realise it's not ideal but I can't think of another solution, since I can't alter the RQs :/

oh my, maybe that was a double account? juicy!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yoshi94 wrote: »

Euan was showing as inactive on his contest thread earlier and March Morning said that they couldn't send a PM to Euan, not sure what's going on there.

Edit: Euan still is inactive and NancyS is as well, was she taking part this contest?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    WHAAT?! How the heck has all that happened? I'm a jinx...:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear :( Just found evidence of some cheating in the contest. PM'd Yoshi.