Options

Tippi Hedren on Loose Women

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 352
Forum Member
Screen legend coming up on Loose Women!

She was marvellous in The Birds and Marnie.

Comments

• Options
    Almira GAlmira G Posts: 18,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOVE her voice :cool:

She looks amazing - esp for 80! :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yep, she looks fantastic.

I thought it was a bit thoughtless of Carol to say "God I never want to be 81, what are you supposed to do when you're 81?!" and then backstage they have Tippi who's 80 and still going strong.
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    may10 wrote: »

I thought it was a bit thoughtless of Carol to say "God I never want to be 81, what are you supposed to do when you're 81?!" and then backstage they have Tippi who's 80 and still going strong.

Bugger, didn't know it was her, awful picture on the Kitchen TV or I'd have turned the sound up.
    Then again it's Loose Women and you're going to hear nonsense from Carol and crew.
    What's Carol's claim to fame apart from being someone's rather bitter ex and a harridan.
  • Options
    Almira GAlmira G Posts: 18,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes - I thought that was a strange thing to say - esp before 80 year old Tippi Hedren came on as a guest - looking much the same age as Carol! :p
  • Options
    SXTonySXTony Posts: 2,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Screen legend coming up on Loose Women!

She was marvellous in The Birds and Marnie.

I watched The Birds on TV a few weeks back. As much as I like the film, the acting was terrible across the board.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When she was talking about filming the birds, she said that when the props wouldn't work, they tied some birds loosely onto her clothes to make it look like they were attacking her. I don't care if the string was loose, those birds must've been agitated tied like that. Then Tippi went on to say she LOVES animals. Err, no you don't love, not if these are practices that were used by Hollywood and you let them do it for a hefty paycheck! Sorry rant over. :mad:
  • Options
    dancing ledgedancing ledge Posts: 13,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Decky3 wrote: »
    When she was talking about filming the birds, she said that when the props wouldn't work, they tied some birds loosely onto her clothes to make it look like they were attacking her. I don't care if the string was loose, those birds must've been agitated tied like that. Then Tippi went on to say she LOVES animals. Err, no you don't love, not if these are practices that were used by Hollywood and you let them do it for a hefty paycheck! Sorry rant over. :mad:

Maybe she loves them now.
  • Options
    Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bugger, didn't know it was her, awful picture on the Kitchen TV or I'd have turned the sound up. .

It is repeated at 01.25 am :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    About the birds tied to her, there was pretty much nothing she could do about that. She would have signed a contract for the film and for her to have said "look I'm not doing this scene if you use real birds" would have been admirable but just nightmare-inducing for the production crew as far as money and time were concerned. By that stage they'd filmed the rest of the movie so she couldn't exactly quit.
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    It is repeated at 01.25 am :)

Thanks, but no thanks, might try it with the sound down.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About the birds tied to her, there was pretty much nothing she could do about that. She would have signed a contract for the film and for her to have said "look I'm not doing this scene if you use real birds" would have been admirable but just nightmare-inducing for the production crew as far as money and time were concerned. By that stage they'd filmed the rest of the movie so she couldn't exactly quit.

Well my reply would've been to get better props that work! So what if it added to the budget? It's morals we are talking about. You wouldn't get away with it nowadays.
  • Options
    ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    I don't watch Loose Women often, but tuned in today just because Tippi Hedrin was on. I can't believe it was such a short interview. I know they spend more time spouting their ill thought-out opinions on life, but surely they could have given a bit more time to such a film legend? Debbie Reynolds got a decent amount of time.
  • Options
    ariusukariusuk Posts: 13,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe Tippi will be a guest on David Dickenson's new chat show too.
  • Options
    ppaupyppaupy Posts: 2,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Decky3 wrote: »
    Well my reply would've been to get better props that work! So what if it added to the budget? It's morals we are talking about. You wouldn't get away with it nowadays.

I think that she was just told they would be prop birds,Hitchcock was famous for being a mean director to women.

So i think he would have had no problem lying to actors to get the result he wanted.

It was also a very different time back then and a new actress wouldnt have had the nerve to refuse to do a scene,for fear of never getting another job.