This was so satisfying

Neil5234Neil5234 Posts: 1,515
Forum Member
✭✭✭
:) on the way to work in a 40mph zone which I was sticking to, prat speeds up behind me flashing me to move over, tries to overtake several times but oncoming traffic is heavy, I know there is a police wagon with a speed camera half a mile further up the road :) on at least 2 days a week, I pull over praying it is there today,he gives two fingered salute as he roars past doing at least 60 to 70, I pass mobile speed camera at 40mph :)

Comments

• Scarlett FeverScarlett Fever Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neil5234 wrote: »
    :) on the way to work in a 40mph zone which I was sticking to, prat speeds up behind me flashing me to move over, tries to overtake several times but oncoming traffic is heavy, I know there is a police wagon with a speed camera half a mile further up the road :) on at least 2 days a week, I pull over praying it is there today,he gives two fingered salute as he roars past doing at least 60 to 70, I pass mobile speed camera at 40mph :)

Oh yes! !!!! Nice one
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Was he driving a BMW?
  • mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,593
    Forum Member
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    Was he driving a BMW?

An Audi, surely.
  • los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    His mother's supped up Nissan Micra?
  • soransoran Posts: 1,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw the thread title and thought this would be another poo thread. ;):D

I'll get me coat.
  • Neil5234Neil5234 Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An Audi, surely.

Think it was the lexus rx
    Forum Member
    Think it was the lexus rx

Funny old world innit?

If it had been a bimmer I can't help thinking it might have been mentioned in the thread title.
  • John146John146 Posts: 12,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    Funny old world innit?

If it had been a bimmer I can't help thinking it might have been mentioned in the thread title.

Do you drive a Bimmer Si??
    Forum Member
    John146 wrote: »
    Do you drive a Bimmer Si??

Amongst other things, yep. ;)
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One I saw was a couple of years ago on section of dual carriageway approaching a set of lights with a left turn filter lane.

I was a couple of cars behind a white Transit van in the left lane queing to turn left. An old 3 series BMW comes tanking up the right hand lane, cuts in front of the Transit van right at the last minute to take the left turn.

I get to the turn off and a few yards down the road pass the aforementioned BMW and Transit parked up at the side of the road with the drivers having a quiet chat.

Unfortunately for the BMW driver the van he cut up had the letters P O L I C E down the side and several members of Thames Valley Constabulary on board. Oh dear... :D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    I always kill myself laughing at this plank.

WARNING - unsavoury language may offend - NSFW

Another satisfying outcome :D
  • grantus_maxgrantus_max Posts: 2,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That is brilliant :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,565
    Forum Member
    I had a similar experience a while back on a road that i knew for sure had a pc with a hand held radar gun. (i had passed it in the opposite direction a bit earlier)
    On my way back i kept bang on the speed limit whilst an impatient idiot behind tried to hurry me up.
    When i was close to the speed trap he thought it would be good to overtake as the road was clear and bombed past despite my sticking my arm out to try and warn him to stay back.
    He was doing about 45-50 mph in a 30mph limit.
    As he pulled in front of me he immediately saw the copper stood in his high vis jacket but it was too late. He flagged him down. :D
    I bet he wished he had been a bit more patient. lol
  • TerraCanisTerraCanis Posts: 14,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did laugh when a motorbike shot past me and triggered a double flash from the camera on the opposite side of the road. Ho Ho, I thought, bet you weren't expecting that.

A couple of seconds later, it dawned on me that the camera was facing the front of the bike, where they don't display registration numbers. That biker knew exactly what he was doing :mad:
  • MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    TerraCanis wrote: »
    I did laugh when a motorbike shot past me and triggered a double flash from the camera on the opposite side of the road. Ho Ho, I thought, bet you weren't expecting that.

A couple of seconds later, it dawned on me that the camera was facing the front of the bike, where they don't display registration numbers. That biker knew exactly what he was doing :mad:

Yep. Though I suspect that if you did that every day, one day there'd be a copper with a hairdryer on the right side of the road. So, as a biker, I'd have to say pull that stunt with caution. Or better still, don't take the piss out of speed limits. You can go through the things 10mph faster than the limit anyway, without setting them off.
  • LoisLois Posts: 118,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Haha :D
  • Enfant TerribleEnfant Terrible Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Haaaa :D the more you watch it, the funnier it gets. The fine art of deeply satisfying swearing :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Brilliant !
    Tried to get the cops to rear end shunt him....not clever at the best of times :D
  • paulschapmanpaulschapman Posts: 35,536
    Forum Member

I can do better than that. Mate buys himself a sports car and driving in a 30 mile limit stop at lights - to be confronted by some idiot shouting how his car could beat it off the lights and moaning we had borrowed Dad's car.

(Pity he did not notice the speed trap quarter of a mile up the road)

So he starts revving his engine like a prize tw*t and then leaves half his tyres behind and a cloud of smoke as he sped off

We left sensibly and tell you what his face was an absolute picture as we passed him being pulled over.
    ;)
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    daveetwo wrote: »
    I had a similar experience a while back on a road that i knew for sure had a pc with a hand held radar gun. (i had passed it in the opposite direction a bit earlier)
    On my way back i kept bang on the speed limit whilst an impatient idiot behind tried to hurry me up.
    When i was close to the speed trap he thought it would be good to overtake as the road was clear and bombed past despite my sticking my arm out to try and warn him to stay back.
    He was doing about 45-50 mph in a 30mph limit.
    As he pulled in front of me he immediately saw the copper stood in his high vis jacket but it was too late. He flagged him down. :D
    I bet he wished he had been a bit more patient. lol

There is an underpass I use regularly that has a 30pmh limit (two lanes)

The police use their hand held radar guns. They can definitely see you before you can see them (they use a wall to 'lean' on (hiding?)) ;) The amount of drivers that fly down this underpass giving me dirty looks as a poodle along at 30mph.

:eek::cool:
  • shhhhhshhhhh Posts: 3,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:)Haha here we go again.

:)You were on your way to work were you?

:)A few days ago you said you were on benefits.

:)Then a few days before that you said you are a refrigeration engineer who travelled the world.

:)Then a few weeks before that you said you are a barman down your mates pub.

:)A few months before that and you are a tree surgeon.

:)Oh and youre an ex fireman too.

Do you keep forgetting this stuff you post?
  • CitySlickerCitySlicker Posts: 10,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shhhhh wrote: »
    :)Haha here we go again.

:)You were on your way to work were you?

:)A few days ago you said you were on benefits.

:)Then a few days before that you said you are a refrigeration engineer who travelled the world.

:)Then a few weeks before that you said you are a barman down your mates pub.

:)A few months before that and you are a tree surgeon.

:)Oh and youre an ex fireman too.

Do you keep forgetting this stuff you post?

:D Made me laugh as much as that linked video.