It's taken 7 weeks but I'm finally coming around to Christopher

hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I always thought there was something a bit 'odd' about him ... almost a sense that there was a personality disorder that was being covered up with selective editing

I actually still think that Christopher might have problems that make social interaction difficult for him, but you know what ? ... I don't care anymore

It seems he doesn't quite 'gauge' what is going on much of the time, or why people are behaving toward him in the way they are, but he carries on being kind and considerate to them nevertheless

I like him now, and I'm sorry that I spoke dismissively of him in the past

... I think I want him to win

Comments

• Angie_PlastyAngie_Plasty Posts: 6,333
    Forum Member
    There isn't a bad bone in his body. No one in there can touch him for genuineness, decency or integrity, yet most of them look down their self-obsessed noses at him, write him off and underestimate him at every turn. They don't care about him or think he matters and if they do notice him it's with irritation or contempt, yet as he watches them get evicted one by one both he and they will look back and wonder, "How on earth did Christmas win this?" ;-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've liked him from early on when he was the only person to disagree with Pauline and actually told her so.

He's a lovely, caring person who won't change his views to placate people but is never rude getting his point across. I hope he wins for sure
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JesuLeChop wrote: »
    I've liked him from early on when he was the only person to disagree with Pauline and actually told her so.

He's a lovely, caring person who won't change his views to placate people but is never rude getting his point across. I hope he wins for sure

I agree, and I have always liked him. I think he hides his light under a bushel, and as all the previous favourites show their true colours, he will end up winning!:):)
  • BambywambyBambywamby Posts: 444
    Forum Member
    I like him because;

He is the kindest, most genuine housemate in there... and the least bitchy. Protecting Bianca's modesty; comforting Danielle when Bianca came in the house and let the cat out of the bag (I loved the way he said, it's okay to be more than one thing. If people don't understand it, that makes them narrow-minded) talking nicely to Pav as he lay in the bath whilst everyone else talks and snipes about Pav behind his back etc

He doesn't argue, because he doesn't need to. He has the intelligence to put across his point and then allows someone else to have their opinion without screaming and shouting at them that they are wrong...

He has been spasmodically bullied at first by the whole house and then by Helen and now by the odious Mark. Even Chris has stated in the past he finds him 'really annoying.'
    He has won over most housemates with his good-nature.

He has many funny moments... and is quite witty... without using anyone as the butt of his jokes.

His little hurt face when Mark didn't choose him for band Bruvstock task. I felt so sorry for him. I decided he should win at this point... as he in the most deserving on innate goodness alone. He has such a sweet face too... I actually think the most attractive male in there. Ash is good looking.... but so hollow and vapid, a total turn off.

He has shown his insecurity (the wearing of full clothes in the bath) yet doesn't put his insecurities on others like the rest do.) They all vent outwards... he retains his composure.

He is forgiving and doesn't carry bitterness... this makes him powerful as no-one's negativity can have a long lasting effect on him in the house and he could probably out last anyone in the house when it comes to not getting upset about things. He realises people do things for a reason, it isn't about him and so he can let go.

He is well-balanced and has the deepest conversations. We have probably missed plenty of these due to air-time being focused on Helen's shouting and bawling, Marks hysterics and the Steven and Kimbot bedtime fumbles.

I think he is just peaking at the right time... and will win this thing.
  • I <3 TweetyI <3 Tweety Posts: 8,286
    Forum Member
    He's my favourite. He's a lovely person and has taken being left out a lot really well. I'd love to see his face and the other hms faces if he won. He has been the consistently nicest person in there.
  • pie-eyedpie-eyed Posts: 8,456
    Forum Member
    Bambywamby wrote: »
    I like him because;

He is the kindest, most genuine housemate in there... and the least bitchy. Protecting Bianca's modesty; comforting Danielle when Bianca came in the house and let the cat out of the bag (I loved the way he said, it's okay to be more than one thing. If people don't understand it, that makes them narrow-minded) talking nicely to Pav as he lay in the bath whilst everyone else talks and snipes about Pav behind his back etc

He doesn't argue, because he doesn't need to. He has the intelligence to put across his point and then allows someone else to have their opinion without screaming and shouting at them that they are wrong...

He has been spasmodically bullied at first by the whole house and then by Helen and now by the odious Mark. Even Chris has stated in the past he finds him 'really annoying.'

He has many funny moments... and is quite witty... without using anyone as the butt of his jokes.

His little hurt face when Mark didn't choose him for band Bruvstock task. I felt so sorry for him. I decided he should win at this point... as he in the most deserving on innate goodness alone. He has such a sweet face too... I actually think the most attractive male in there. Ash is good looking.... but so hollow and vapid, a total turn off.

He has shown his insecurity (the wearing of full clothes in the bath) yet doesn't put his insecurities on others like the rest do.) They all vent outwards... he retains his composure.

He is forgiving and doesn't carry bitterness... this makes him powerful as no-one's negativity can have a long lasting effect on him in the house and he could probably out last anyone in the house when it comes to not getting upset about things. He realises people do things for a reason, it isn't about him and so he can let go.

He is well-balanced and has the deepest conversations. We have probably missed plenty of these due to air-time being focused on Helen's shouting and bawling, Marks hysterics and the Steven and Kimbot bedtime fumbles.

Agree with every word of this..
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,643
    Forum Member
    I picked Christopher out as my winner on launch night. I'm glad so many people are beginning to see the goodness in him. I think he's a real sweetheart, and would love to see his wee face if he wins. I think he would be as astonished as the other housemates would be.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,643
    Forum Member
    I like him because;

Good post.

BIB - Though he was my favourite from the start, I think this was when Christopher won Big Brother.
  • SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christopher sees the good in people, where others only see bad.
  • I'm-a-painI'm-a-pain Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like him because;

What a fantastic post. I love Christopher, have done from the start, would love to have someone like him as a friend. I would dearly love him to win, what a great confidence booster it would be for him. Lovely lovely guy.

xx
  • Bagshot85Bagshot85 Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    hisdogspot wrote: »
    I always thought there was something a bit 'odd' about him ... almost a sense that there was a personality disorder that was being covered up with selective editing

I actually still think that Christopher might have problems that make social interaction difficult for him, but you know what ? ... I don't care anymore

It seems he doesn't quite 'gauge' what is going on much of the time, or why people are behaving toward him in the way they are, but he carries on being kind and considerate to them nevertheless

I like him now, and I'm sorry that I spoke dismissively of him in the past

... I think I want him to win

I think it's probably got to the point where he's the best of a rather bad bunch.
    He's not spiteful or nasty as the others, and isn't as prone to 'bitch', change his character, or his views to suit others. Nor does he seem far too eager to join the 'cool gang' as some of the others are.

Yeah, I'd be happy with him winning too.
    Just hope he has the commmon sense to tell Mark the parasite where to go....if he does win.