Options

New software - Humax

Comments

• Options
    IQ1IQ1 Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    The OSG while watching a recording has changed to blue, but the clock is still green as I suppose that is Freesats department.

Looking forward to seeing a trailer record prompt thing.
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Just changed channel to 101 a HUGE banner appears at the bottom telling you to press OK for HD.
    I assume that's gonna happen on all SD channels that have an HD version(apart from Ch4 obviously). I'm not too sure I like it appearing all the time you change to one of those channels.
  • Options
    Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably wont happen on ITV either, but I think it's a good addition.

Once the SD/HD swap occurs, it will only pop up on BBC1 anyway, unless you specifically go looking for the SD channels.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mickey_T wrote: »
    Probably wont happen on ITV either, but I think it's a good addition.

Does it on ITV aswell.
  • Options
    lambylamby Posts: 3,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The record banner that flashes up has doubled in size. Not a criticism.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lamby wrote: »
    The record banner that flashes up has doubled in size. Not a criticism.

As long as it doesn't randomly appear for no apparent reason as before then it won't be an issue.
  • Options
    lambylamby Posts: 3,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone lost planned recordings since the update?
  • Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lamby wrote: »
    Has anyone lost planned recordings since the update?

No did you by any chance do a reset after the update ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    When selecting BBC1 in the EPG a choice menu comes on. Select "Watch in HD" and screen simply goes back to the EPG, also after using "Exit button" to go from recordings to live TV left with blank screen.....not very good so far.>:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    truckerbob wrote: »
    When selecting BBC1 in the EPG a choice menu comes on. Select "Watch in HD" and screen simply goes back to the EPG, also after using "Exit button" to go from recordings to live TV left with blank screen.....not very good so far.>:(

Go to settings and do a factory default.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    Does it on ITV aswell.
    Oh that's good then.

I always select the HD channels anyway, but know a fair few people who need a little (or big in this case) reminder to switch to HD. :)
  • Options
    tejaytejay Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    I find that when I key the channel number it only shows the first 2 digits, is this designed to speed up the channel change?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tejay wrote: »
    I find that when I key the channel number it only shows the first 2 digits, is this designed to speed up the channel change?

Presumably the 3rd digit if valid generates a auto OK so you don't see it.

If you try a non valid number like 411 you get invalid channel on pressing the last 1.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Watching live tv, no pause or rewind...???? One big BALLS UP..
  • Options
    Wayne_JacksonWayne_Jackson Posts: 25
    Forum Member

It's working fine here.:)
  • Options
    Simon_AshtonSimon_Ashton Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    The nice Youtube link on the iPhone etc works well, but it's not passing the audio through my hi-fi's optical input. I have to listen using the TV speakers, not sure that was the case before the update going direct to the Youtube app on the Humax box.

I found the flashing pop-up on the programme trail annoying in the way it flashed repeatedly as if there's a fault. Having said that, I rarely watch live so not a biggie for me!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The nice Youtube link on the iPhone etc works well, but it's not passing the audio through my hi-fi's optical input. I have to listen using the TV speakers, not sure that was the case before the update going direct to the Youtube app on the Humax box.

I found the flashing pop-up on the programme trail annoying in the way it flashed repeatedly as if there's a fault. Having said that, I rarely watch live so not a biggie for me!

Before you pair the devices use a channel (say 101) that doesn't use ac3 audio.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No problem here either.
  • Options
    Forum Member

No problem here either, have you tried performing a factory default to see if it ressolves the issue?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No problem here either, have you tried performing a factory default to see if it ressolves the issue?

Tried Factory Default. Both tuners showing "Good". Tried turning record buffer Off, then On but still not working with "Live" TV. Before this firmware update, everything worked fine. Still works fine on recordings except twice when exiting recordings via return button to live TV the screen was blank. Had to press the exit button to get the live TV back on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tried Factory Default. Both tuners showing "Good". Tried turning record buffer Off, then On but still not working with "Live" TV. Before this firmware update, everything worked fine. Still works fine on recordings except twice when exiting recordings via return button to live TV the screen was blank. Had to press the exit button to get the live TV back on.

These are classic symptoms of the disk being corrupted (particulary the time shift buffer file). Repassac reported similar after a power failure. You could try a disk clean up, but in the end the only fix was to format the hard disk.

It's very very unlikely the firmware issue was involved, if it was there would be a shed load of posts reporting the same.
  • Options
    ab48ukab48uk Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's the date this software version was finished before being released for testing.
    Thank you, I see - but for people not so clued up perhaps it should say 'Update Release Date 7th January 2014' as shown on Freesat's own webpage.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No update on my HB 1000S yet, even after a manual search.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mickey_T wrote: »
    No update on my HB 1000S yet, even after a manual search.

That's because it's not been transmitted yet ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's because it's not been transmitted yet ;)
    Well that's pretty obvious but as it was supposed to be transmitted on the 8th, I presumed it would be last night. ;-)