Pros and Celebs that don't get on

2»

Comments

• snogglewortsnogglewort Posts: 2,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjackson42 wrote: »
    No - it took time for Flavia to understand how Louis works and trains, and for him to understand what he needed to achieve, but after a few weeks they got (and get) on like a house on fire.

JJ

Lol, you know this for a fact? Been in the training room with them have you? :rolleyes:
  • blindsideblindside Posts: 4,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjackson42 wrote: »
    No - it took time for Flavia to understand how Louis works and trains, and for him to understand what he needed to achieve, but after a few weeks they got (and get) on like a house on fire.

JJ
    Lol, you know this for a fact? Been in the training room with them have you? :rolleyes:

If things aren't fine between them, then the biggest con in SCD this year has been the notion that Louis can't act :D
  • strictmachinestrictmachine Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think Karen and Nicky dislike each other? He barely interacts with her at all. But she seems very friendly and warm to me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think Karen and Nicky dislike each other? He barely interacts with her at all. But she seems very friendly and warm to me.
    I dont think they've got the closest relationship, but what do I know?
    I'm not that keen on Nicky, but he's improved and most of the criticism seems to be aimed at her choreography, so if I was Nicky I'd be fuming. Especially after their horrendous start.

I just cant warm to her. It's not Nicky's fault she doesn't understand the Strictly rules.
  • katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blindside wrote: »
    I think with Flavia it wasn't so much any dislike as exasperation with his delusions over his ability. We always used to laugh in our house at the bit before their vt in training when they look down the gun-barrel of the camera, imagining her as a hostage blinking out a message to us to please stop voting for him. :D

I agree with this. I always thought they were unintentially hilarious on ITT - they reminded me of that insurance advert with the scouser lady and the brummie guy were they wanted totally different things and he assumed that everything was fine - which ended with him saying 'we want to be together' and her face said 'I don't'. Craig seemed like a lovely guy but someone who mentally lived on a different planet to Flavia and pretty much everyone around him on SCD. I remember Claudia asking what he was on about in one of the training footage clips showing him saying bizarre things and Flavia admitting that she didn't have a clue.
  • fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicky and Karen seem to actually have fun when training, but he does seem to be not relating to her. It doesn't necessarily mean they dont like each other.

My guess is that Karen does lack some of the experience of the dances and teaching that would be ideal to have. It was the producers who hired her though, and having been given the job, I think she has given it 100% to make a success of it. IMO she was told to put the lift in the Waltz. The choreography for the last few dances has been ideal for showing off Nicky's strengths, so the working relationship seems to be going OK.

It was probably difficult enough to match up the pairs this year, but I think the producers had other agendas which meant that not all best matches were made. There were quite a few others that I thought looked more strained than Nicky and Karen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think with Flavia it wasn't so much any dislike as exasperation with his delusions over his ability. We always used to laugh in our house at the bit before their vt in training when they look down the gun-barrel of the camera, imagining her as a hostage blinking out a message to us to please stop voting for him. :D

Haha thats brilliant :D

The ones that really come to mind for me are already on here - Domonic Littlewood & Lilia, Gary Rhodes & Karen, James & Georgina, but Lulu & Brendan was still the funniest when she wanted to dance on her own after they'd been voted out :o:D
  • Mr CellophaneMr Cellophane Posts: 2,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dom Littlewood. I felt so sorry for Lilia, he was a creep.

Yes, I think I recall their farewell dance, with Lilia struggling to keep his wandering hands in check - in front of a viewing audience of millions!
    Classy - not!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    milmol wrote: »

The ones that really come to mind for me are already on here - Domonic Littlewood & Lilia, Gary Rhodes & Karen, James & Georgina, but Lulu & Brendan was still the funniest when she wanted to dance on her own after they'd been voted out :o:D

I think Brendan is well overdue a celeb who isn't an absolute pain in the arse. He should have been paired with a basketful of fluffy, dancing kittens and allowed to just snuggle with them in the middle of the dance-floor to soothing whale music every week after having to endure Blulu last year.
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    I was quite stunned by the article written by Pamela. She is SO deluded although she is a "mental health professional"!!!! Good grief, James is married to gorgeous Olga, why would he fancy 60 year old Pamela!!! AND to say that Olga felt threatened by her is insulting. What a dreadfully self-obsessed lady Pamela is. Very sad, she does not realise she is no longer the knock out she was at 30 or so. Honestly, often when I meet really bizarre screwed up people they are always "Mental Health Professionals!"........Hilarious.
    Forum Member
    fatskia wrote: »
    Nicky and Karen seem to actually have fun when training, but he does seem to be not relating to her. It doesn't necessarily mean they dont like each other.

My guess is that Karen does lack some of the experience of the dances and teaching that would be ideal to have. It was the producers who hired her though, and having been given the job, I think she has given it 100% to make a success of it. IMO she was told to put the lift in the Waltz. The choreography for the last few dances has been ideal for showing off Nicky's strengths, so the working relationship seems to be going OK.

It was probably difficult enough to match up the pairs this year, but I think the producers had other agendas which meant that not all best matches were made. There were quite a few others that I thought looked more strained than Nicky and Karen.
    I

I think Nicky is very happily married and respects his wife. He is there to dance, not cuddle flirt with his professional dance partner. I think the producers of the show love to encourage any kind of "romance rumour" to get more publicity.

I found it odd to the extreme the way Fern behaved around Artim when we all know she is happy with her Phil. All that hand holding cuddling on the sofa during ITT, Fern's constant comments about how "gorgeous" Artim was (??) YUCK just awful from an older mature woman to a much younger man. "You changed my life" Artim tells Fern......Oh come on!! Talk about Hollywood!! YUCK!! Quite honestly I would be far from amused if I saw my husband behave like that during an interview. Of course, when they dance together they have to pretend to be madly in love for the Tango or whatever but the behaviour of these married celebs on the sofa and in some of the rehearsal VTs is a bit yuck sometimes.
  • pasodabblepasodabble Posts: 5,865
    Forum Member
    I was quite stunned by the article written by Pamela. She is SO deluded although she is a "mental health professional"!!!! Good grief, James is married to gorgeous Olga, why would he fancy 60 year old Pamela!!! AND to say that Olga felt threatened by her is insulting. What a dreadfully self-obsessed lady Pamela is. Very sad, she does not realise she is no longer the knock out she was at 30 or so. Honestly, often when I meet really bizarre screwed up people they are always "Mental Health Professionals!"........Hilarious.

What a "hilarious" stereotype.

And who the hell is Olga?
    Forum Member
    If things aren't fine between them, then the biggest con in SCD this year has been the notion that Louis can't act :D

Biggest con was the Camilla /James Martin romance which was all manufactured to get more telephone votes. I fell for it hook, line and sinker!! I really thought they were a couple. They even interviewed Brendan on ITT to ask him how he felt as he was previously engaged to Camilla!!!!! Hilarious.

I am sure they did the drama coach business before with the Welsh TV presenter Garath. He made an amazing improvement overnight after five minute with a drama coach!

We are all so easily manipulated!! What with X Factor tragic stories on each contestant and the judges wars/sacking/fights!!
    Forum Member
    pasodabble wrote: »

Opps sorry if I got James' wife name wrong!!! I am talking about HIS WIFE!! OK?

Regarding my comment about "Mental Health Professionals" I can have an opinion, can't I??????

Your comment made my day
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,697
    Forum Member
    I

I think Nicky is very happily married and respects his wife. He is there to dance, not cuddle flirt with his professional dance partner. I think the producers of the show love to encourage any kind of "romance rumour" to get more publicity.

I found it odd to the extreme the way Fern behaved around Artim when we all know she is happy with her Phil. All that hand holding cuddling on the sofa during ITT, Fern's constant comments about how "gorgeous" Artim was (??) YUCK just awful from an older mature woman to a much younger man. "You changed my life" Artim tells Fern......Oh come on!! Talk about Hollywood!! YUCK!! Quite honestly I would be far from amused if I saw my husband behave like that during an interview. Of course, when they dance together they have to pretend to be madly in love for the Tango or whatever but the behaviour of these married celebs on the sofa and in some of the rehearsal VTs is a bit yuck sometimes.

I do agree they're not there to 'flirt and cuddle with their pro partner' but I do think he needs to pretend more in the short period of each dance to connect with Karen.

It must be difficult when you are happily married - but you know what you are signing up for, and many of the dances require romantic connection. If you can't fake it, or don't want to, then maybe it's not the show to do.

ewwww yes mature women lusting after younger men.

I'm 49, very happily married for 27 years, and am afraid I've done it lol *puts Zac Efron calendar away*

(am teasing ;) but I have one much to my children's disgust :D)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,697
    Forum Member

Hi lovey!

agree!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True though. :D When I was teaching every single Educational Psychologist was a fruitcake, most of them recovering after something ( not knocking mental health disabilities, been there and it was horrendous, give me physical pain any day). The kids they were evaluating were possibly a lot more stable than them.
    As for Hospital Psychiatrists, just never met one I could relate to. Counsellors yes, mental health professionals, No.

Pam has always had an overly inflated view of herself, she comes out with some howlers. ;) Leave the comedy to Billy eh?
  • snogglewortsnogglewort Posts: 2,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He can't act. He had an acting coach in this week to help him smile through a friggin' Charleston.
  • penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    milmol wrote: »

Dominic Littlewood made me understand the phrase 'made my flesh creep.' Poor, poor, Liliia. Was that her last year?
  • penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I could hardly believe what I was reading. Even if she thought all that, why say it? Hideous for James.
  • henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is honestly hilarious. :D I adore Pamela, but she's really quite eccentric at times.

Some here might know that Pamela was the thinking man's (or boy's) hottest totty on television in 1980 when she was on Not the Nine O'Clock News

Here's a snippet from the show

Another one: Typical Bloody Typical