Anyone else hate New Year??

Comments

• SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    __3kerry wrote: »
    NYE I've hated since my Nan passed away in 2008, I know it sounds silly but it feels like I'm leaving her behind even more

I can understand that.
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't hate it but I don't bum it either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Kitt 20000 hates it, as he cant go out tonight :D
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate it too. I would prefer to treat it as a normal evening and just go to bed at a normal time but Mr dolphin thinks I'm miserable so some years I have been dragged down to the pub to sit with people I don't like.

This year I have got my own way and we're going to see The Life of Pi at 5.15 then get a chippy and come home - perfect!
  • Iane LamentIane Lament Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    only that i have to got out at some point before dark
  • Steve35Steve35 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have hated it since I was in my 20s and went out for the evening...all the false kissing and wishing a Happy New Year to people who you either don't really know or don't really care about..it is all so false!! :cry:

I don't hate it, it just doesn't interest me.
  • scotchscotch Posts: 10,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I can't stand New Year.

Looking forward to next Monday when eveything goes back to normal.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    I hate the idea of it, but I'm usually alright once I get going. In fact I probably enjoy it more than most as my expectations are always very low
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First time in decades I'm not going out

We can't be bothered. We were at a wedding on 28th and 30th. No enthusiasm.

I bought a ticket to the local golf club but I'm collapsed on the sofa atm.
    Forum Member
    My going out nights are well passed their sell by date..as i havent been out for like 10 years + ..I dont even miss going it..love staying in watching tv, staying warm, n cosy and sober lol
  • birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had spent NYE's alone for many years and then four years ago my Grandson came to stay and has done each year since.

This year he is 15 and has been invited to a party, but he said no as he always spends it with his Nan, I feel so privileged, we are having an Indian take away.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont mind it, but it bugs me when people say 'new year new start' and things like that. Midnight does not magically change your life or make problems go away. Its just another day and a new calendar!
    Forum Member
    ukool wrote: »
    I dont mind it, but it bugs me when people say 'new year new start' and things like that. Midnight does not magically change your life or make problems go away. Its just another day and a new calander!

yea..change the calendars later :p
  • OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,509
    Forum Member
    I've had too many drunk slobbery men pawing me on New Year's to ever want to do it again - cosy night in for me with the OH, the dogs and a glass of something bubbly - bliss.
  • jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had spent NYE's alone for many years and then four years ago my Grandson came to stay and has done each year since.

This year he is 15 and has been invited to a party, but he said no as he always spends it with his Nan, I feel so privileged, we are having an Indian take away.
    Ahh thats very sweet.
  • n1guyn1guy Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scotch wrote: »
    Yeah I can't stand New Year.

Looking forward to next Monday when eveything goes back to normal.

Exactly, can someone explain this one to me? Why would you look forward to going back to work etc, same crap for another year?
  • d4n_d4nd4n_d4n Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    Got a family party tonight dreading it!

O and the weather is rubbish so the roads will be a nightmare.
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    n1guy wrote: »
    Exactly, can someone explain this one to me? Why would you look forward to going back to work etc, same crap for another year?

Maybe some people enjoy their jobs.
    I used to love mine and was happy to go back to work, but I hate it now and I'm dreading next Monday :(
  • Evenstar120Evenstar120 Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    No I don't like NYE either. Bubble bath, pyjamas, nibbles and something nice but non alcoholic and my ebook reader / ipod. Sorted
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ukool wrote: »
    Its just another day and a new calendar!

That is what I've been grumbling as the fireworks have been going off all night! Ooh, the clock changed to 00.00, that never happens! Let's make loads of noise!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never really cared about seeing the ball drop. For one thing New York is an hour ahead, so it's still 2012 here.

New Year's seems to be an excuse to get drunk and make out with somebody. I don't drink and I don't have anybody to make out with. So I don't get the hype.

I spent the evening playing board games with my family. To me that is better than partying.

I never have understood why people want to get wasted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    "Come and live in Scotland and you can call it Hogmanay and get an extra day off to recover!"

No thanks.
  • Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I got my wish and slept right through it! If I never see the words "year in review" or "2012" again it will be too soon. I will never understand the New Year hype, not ever.
  • vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will in a few hours :eek: