Options

The show is fixed!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 842
Forum Member
✭✭
How the hell can Todd Carty be better than the two that have just been booted out?

The show is a joke and no wonder it's reached it's final climax.

Entertainment my arse!

Comments

• Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its a phone vote and as we see time and time again on reality shows people vote for those they like , find amusing etc over the ones with talent, blame the voting public
  • Options
    jerseyporterjerseyporter Posts: 2,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cynet wrote: »
    How the hell can Todd Carty be better than the two that have just been booted out?

The show is a joke and no wonder it's reached it's final climax.

Entertainment my arse!

Much as you might dislike two better skaters going out before Todd (and I share your dislike of that) it's not really applicable to call it a 'fix' when it was purely down to the public vote. Like it or not, people had a choice - and enough of them chose Todd. I don't vote myself, but if I did I wouldn't have voted for him! Just because you disagree with the result doesn't make it a fix - unless the phone lines to each and every contestant other than Todd were blocked and broken, then no 'fix' can be called - I'm afraid it's just a case of 'suck it up', like it or not. Whilst someone (producers, T and D, whoever it was) are responsible for wanting/asking Todd back for whatever reasons they had, it doesn't necessarily make the whole thing a 'joke' either. Whether it constitutes 'entertainment' is also up for debate - you don't agree, others clearly do. Both camps will just have to agree to disagree on that!

Your frustrations are understandable, but dressing them up in hyperbole is a tad OTT!

I'm more curious about why the female celebs aren't allowed to skate on the ice in the same way, and for the same amount of time, as the female pros are when they're skating with their celeb male partners. The female celebs do very little 'on ice' skating, spending most of their time in lifts and holds, yet the female pros are allowed to do much more skating on ice, doing parallel moves alongside their male celeb etc. If these female celebs are among the 'best of the best', and some of the male celebs like Ray and Kyran are looking more like pros than amateurs these days, then why aren't the female celebs with the skill not allowed to show that in the choreography?
  • Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    Much as you might dislike two better skaters going out before Todd (and I share your dislike of that) it's not really applicable to call it a 'fix' when it was purely down to the public vote. Like it or not, people had a choice - and enough of them chose Todd. I don't vote myself, but if I did I wouldn't have voted for him! Just because you disagree with the result doesn't make it a fix - unless the phone lines to each and every contestant other than Todd were blocked and broken, then no 'fix' can be called - I'm afraid it's just a case of 'suck it up', like it or not. Whilst someone (producers, T and D, whoever it was) are responsible for wanting/asking Todd back for whatever reasons they had, it doesn't necessarily make the whole thing a 'joke' either. Whether it constitutes 'entertainment' is also up for debate - you don't agree, others clearly do. Both camps will just have to agree to disagree on that!

Your frustrations are understandable, but dressing them up in hyperbole is a tad OTT!

I'm more curious about why the female celebs aren't allowed to skate on the ice in the same way, and for the same amount of time, as the female pros are when they're skating with their celeb male partners. The female celebs do very little 'on ice' skating, spending most of their time in lifts and holds, yet the female pros are allowed to do much more skating on ice, doing parallel moves alongside their male celeb etc. If these female celebs are among the 'best of the best', and some of the male celebs like Ray and Kyran are looking more like pros than amateurs these days, then why aren't the female celebs with the skill not allowed to show that in the choreography?

The female pros may spend more time on the ice than most celebs for a variety of reasons. Its not necesarily true when a top female pro can do as much.

If you have a male who can't skate or lift they will skate around them doing things to distract the audience. In Todd's case other girls were added for more distraction and even came on to lift the pro girl.

If the male can't dance, the female pro will have to do his share of the dancing too. There's few good male celeb dancers, and the top females are often very good dancers.

If you have a male who can't skate, but can lift you, will get big lifts interspersed with lots of distraction from the female pro. As with David.

If you have a male who can skate . but can't lift for lack of technique or physique, the routine will have to have lots of skating - Gary being a case. There's more small acrobatic, supple, female celebs who can be lifted safely than there are strong male celebs who can lift safely and well.

Even the males who can lift well almost always can't put up as many top quality lifts, safely, in a routine as the top female celebs can do.

The female pros can do more skating tricks than half the females, in the all stars even, can do. Given the chance, they will do them. It looks good, and adds content, and more distraction from what their male is doing.

in a normal DOI competion, most males and females can't do much, so the females tend to get simple carrying lifts, and the males don't do much while the female pro does something watchable. Here, I think, everyone performs according to their strengths and limitations, what their music allows , and what choregraphy T and D write, or they can add.
  • Options
    essexboyashessexboyash Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Have to agree on this. I personally didn't vote for Todd but if people want him to stay then thats fair enough.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,507
    Forum Member
    You don't really understand the word "Fixed", do you?
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't think Todd really deserved a place in a supposedly All Star series, but having watched last night's show, I found him a lot more entertaining than other certain people who were just plain dull. And didn't one, who wasn't even very good, make some comment about winning? Big mistake!
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think it is fixed. I just think it is the voting public who vote for the person they like regardless of how good or bad a skater they are. I found Todd amusing but I could also see the fear in his eyes (I think I am the only one on here who did). The reason he cant skate is because he is scared of falling and hurting himself. Joe, wasn't brilliant, but he really tried hard and was able to skate a lot better than Todd. Mark my words, he is not going to too unhappy to be voted off.
  • Options
    tangos_with_timtangos_with_tim Posts: 752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    I could also see the fear in his eyes (I think I am the only one on here who did).

You're not, I think Todd looked terrified! I'm sure he's only here for the fee, he'll be relieved when he's finally voted off!
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think the show is fixed, but I do think Gary Lucy was ambushed this week because his choreography was far too slow for the music choice. It's the only time so far I've thought the music was wrong.
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're not, I think Todd looked terrified! I'm sure he's only here for the fee, he'll be relieved when he's finally voted off!

I know he does look so scared and that's why he finds it hard pick up any skating. He is too worried. Even the worst skaters, Joe, Colleen and Dr Hilary managed to look like they were enjoying themselves.:)