Options

8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown

Comments

• Options
    JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mel_drew wrote: »
    Yeah, the horse story is a cracker, although it's boosted by the input from Mitchel and Brydon.

You are forgetting top man Lee Mack.
  • Options
    epm-84epm-84 Posts: 3,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    Did I hear it right at the end, did Josie Long say "you can have it" to Sean... what a little sweetie. :)

I was there when that episode was filmed and Josie left the studio in the jacket.
  • Options
    RandysbackRandysback Posts: 3,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I call Joe Wilkinson 'Yoko'.. The show is great till he comes on.
  • Options
    Smiley433Smiley433 Posts: 7,901
    Forum Member
    Rachel's colour-changing dress was quite interesting.
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish Joe Wilkinson would just f*** off! He is not funny and it just drags on.
  • Options
    jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I laughed.
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like him cos his comedy isn't mean.
  • Options
    Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,495
    Forum Member
    Another thumbs up for Joe.
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    I always look forward to Joe and his insane antics. I think Jon let Sean win in the last one...he didn't make any attempt at all. Loved his cook-book routine though! Has Gino DeCampo ever been on it yet? Should be a laugh!:)
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always look forward to Joe and his insane antics. I think Jon let Sean win in the last one...he didn't make any attempt at all. Loved his cook-book routine though! Has Gino DeCampo ever been on it yet? Should be a laugh!:)
    I think Jon planned on doing what he has been doing for the past many, that being to not bother with the letters, do the numbers and still win. By the time he realised the gal REALLY wanted to win and was good, well it was too late.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I've mentioned before that it's not as good when people don't try and some have said if I want a quiz then I should watch proper Countdown but I think if they did treat the quiz seriously they can still have fun with it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    I liked rachels dress
  • Options
    simongvs70simongvs70 Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Josie's performance wasn't a surprise if you saw her on Celebrity Fifteen to One the other week, although it requires a different skill set she is clearly a quiz geek.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smiley433 wrote: »
    Rachel's colour-changing dress was quite interesting.

They cut out a bit where Rachel played noughts and crosses against Jimmy using her dress and one where she drew a letter on her dress and stood at the side of the letter board. Although, I'm not surprised they edited quite a few sections out as they did around 2 hours of filming, if it went out unedited it would have been 10 o'clock before you got the first letters game.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    I think Jon planned on doing what he has been doing for the past many, that being to not bother with the letters, do the numbers and still win. By the time he realised the gal REALLY wanted to win and was good, well it was too late.

If your there when they filming it's quite obvious Jon comes in with a plan and nothing other people do changes that. He was carrying on with food related jokes long after the audience had grown tired of them. Also when he first entered the studio the warm up guy pointed out there was someone who looked just like him in the audience and he didn't seem to care, probably because he'd already based his routine on looking like Gino D'Campo.

On the other hand Jimmy and Sean were a lot more responsive to both the audience and the other people taking part in the show.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Tonight
    Jimmy Carr hosts as team captains Sean Lock and Jon Richardson are joined by Jason Manford and Stephen Mangan. Tim Key and Joe Wilkinson assist Susie Dent and Rachel Riley
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Half naked men appear unusually often in this show.
  • Options
    ubermanuberman Posts: 2,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always thought 'mither' was a real word, didn't realise it was a Northern thing, no wonder the predictive text wouldn't spell it. Eee bah gum!
  • Options
    Yo Omars CominYo Omars Comin Posts: 1,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does the audience laugh when the word is revealed after the break? Laugh at "Assboner" if you must, but what on earth is funny about "baroness"?
  • Options
    lealeedslealeeds Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally unfunny poems.Why bother?
  • Options
    lealeedslealeeds Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    uberman wrote: »
    I always thought 'mither' was a real word, didn't realise it was a Northern thing, no wonder the predictive text wouldn't spell it. Eee bah gum!

Oh stop mithering woman
  • Options
    chuck_wipplchuck_wippl Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    Disappointed in last night's episode. Jon and Jason are my dream pairing but they were pretty lacklustre. The whole show was.
  • Options
    boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    uberman wrote: »

Northern words are real words too..
  • Options
    dachsedachse Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Have to agree on this. The first half of the show without him is much better. He's just not needed there.
  • Options
    JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. What is Joe Wilkinson for? Love the forced "isn't this hilarious" smiles from the likes of Jon Richardson, who obviously don't find it remotely amusing.