iPhone 6 Live discussion 6pm Tuesday 9th September 2014

1272829303133»

Comments

• Options
    calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Faust wrote: »
    My point is simple, as previously alluded to. Customer buys 5s just a year ago - this is a top of the range super duper Apple product. Why would said customer be needing to buy the 6 today? What would that customer gain by buying the 6 apart from a bit more real estate? That 5s should be good to go for at least another couple of years.

Have you seen what people are paying on the contracts. One chap on another forum just put up the figures for his contract £1228 - stark staring bonkers.

Two things...

1. Why the assumption that 5S owners will be upgrading? I imagine most people who currently have a 5S won't be upgrading. I certainly won't be, and if popular mythology was to be believed I'm as big a fanboy as you can get.

2. When, for example, Samsung released the S4, did you post about how you can understand the excitement as those with the new S4 will at last be able to do all the things they couldn't do with their top of the range S3?

When Sony release new tv models every year, do you also wonder why people who bought a new Sony TV last year would possibly be able to do with this year's new model?

Or is it just the iPhone and Apple that make you wonder about this sort of thing?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would genuinely love to see just what the majority of users actually do with their phones. It's the same when a new iMac is announced - quite often even just a speed bump. Hysteria sets in and they rush to buy a fully loaded 27" model costing around 3K. Some months later these sheep (cough people) forget what the said months ago and so it turns out they do little more than browse the web, email, social media etc. and edit a few low res phone snaps.

The old saying is more relevant today than its ever been 'a fool and his money are soon parted'.

Do you have any actual figures on the proportion of iMac owners who spend £3,000 on a new iMac one year or less after spending £3,000 on their last new iMac?

Basically, where do you get this stuff from? Because you 'd bet my house that proportion is very small indeed.

What is this hysteria?
  • Options
    jonmorrisjonmorris Posts: 21,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would genuinely love to see just what the majority of users actually do with their phones. It's the same when a new iMac is announced - quite often even just a speed bump. Hysteria sets in and they rush to buy a fully loaded 27" model costing around 3K. Some months later these sheep (cough people) forget what the said months ago and so it turns out they do little more than browse the web, email, social media etc. and edit a few low res phone snaps.

The old saying is more relevant today than its ever been 'a fool and his money are soon parted'.

Actually, when Apple announces a Retina iMac, I'll be one of those sheep! Although I have had my existing iMac since 2009 and will either sell it or pass it on to someone who can benefit from what is still a great computer.

I didn't get the newer iMac on sale now because it wasn't a real leap in design. Thin, yes, but you don't see the thickness when sat in front of it. Upgrades are based on real advances, not a fancy new chassis which seems to be what happens with the iOS line.
  • Options
    Sunset DaleSunset Dale Posts: 1,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You really have no clue about imacs and their capabilities. No I don't have one, but I've used one and they are more than capable of doing intensive tasks. And a 3k imac, really? It's the mac pros that cost significantly more you know. You've just plucked that figure from thin air.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just love the irony of people just trotting out this nonsense like, um, sheep.