Hell's Kitchen 2014

madj40madj40 Posts: 1,045
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone know when it airs in the uk? Watched the first ep last night via the usual means, but I find the constant bleeping and blurring out of mouths more offensive/annoying than the language itself. I have googled it, but I can't find when or if it will be aired here..

Comments

• walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,564
    Forum Member
    I'm looking as well, can't find any mention of it so taking it as they aren't showing it.
  • lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this season worth watching? The last few seasons have been dire, talentless but loveable chef gets a pass week after week. Talentless but bitchy chef gets a pass week after week. Talented but delusional chef gets the boot early....

Someone gets injured, someone gets hospitalised, someone has a breakdown and comes back stronger. :p
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,564
    Forum Member
    Is this season worth watching? The last few seasons have been dire, talentless but loveable chef gets a pass week after week. Talentless but bitchy chef gets a pass week after week. Talented but delusional chef gets the boot early....

Someone gets injured, someone gets hospitalised, someone has a breakdown and comes back stronger. :p

Every season has been like that! I don't watch it for the gritty realism.
  • lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every season has been like that! I don't watch it for the gritty realism.

Well that's true. :D

It's just for the last 2-3 seasons I really can't remb the names of anyone including the winner. It feels it shifted more to "ooh the drama" and cartoon characters, rather than real people cooking for a chance to work for Ramsey for a few months before they quit. :p ;-)
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that's true. :D

It's just for the last 2-3 seasons I really can't remb the names of anyone including the winner. It feels it shifted more to "ooh the drama" and cartoon characters, rather than real people cooking for a chance to work for Ramsey for a few months before they quit. :p ;-)

This season is much the same, I couldn't name one of the contestants and if you shuffled their pictures together with the last two seasons I'd struggle to pick them out again
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Starts Tuesday 17th at 9pm on ITV2

I'll probably watch it in a couple of batches - I haven't really been able to watch the service half of the show for a couple of years now as it's the same thing time and time again, so i'll just watch the challenge stuff at the start and skip to the eliminations i imagine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Starts Tuesday 17th at 9pm on ITV2

I'll probably watch it in a couple of batches - I haven't really been able to watch the service half of the show for a couple of years now as it's the same thing time and time again, so i'll just watch the challenge stuff at the start and skip to the eliminations i imagine.

And it's no change this year - very very samey. Jack Bauer 24 level of samey - dammit
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    platelet wrote: »
    And it's no change this year - very very samey. Jack Bauer 24 level of samey - dammit

Yeah i'm not expecting much really. The first half of the episodes are usually the most interesting.

I always smile at the voiceovers at the end of each episode imploring you to watch the next one as it will apparently be the single greatest, most serious, most graphic, most incredible moment of television history ever in all of recorded time.

And it never is .. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah i'm not expecting much really. The first half of the episodes are usually the most interesting.

I always smile at the voiceovers at the end of each episode imploring you to watch the next one as it will apparently be the single greatest, most serious, most graphic, most incredible moment of television history ever in all of recorded time.

Dunno if it's just me but this season even that seems damp. It's kind of "next week someone cuts their finger" It's like the voice over guy can't be arsed either. Mind you in some ways that's funnier "don't miss next week when one of the contestants gets indigestion, and a strange smell rocks the bedroom"
  • DrFlowDemandDrFlowDemand Posts: 2,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm watching on plus one now and came on here to see if there was a live thread or anything. Guess it's just not that popular then?
  • Quizzimodo1000Quizzimodo1000 Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    Sometimes all you need from TV is Gordon Ramsey swearing at deluded inbreeds
  • pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hell's kitchen is truly awful. Trash of the worst type. I love it.
    The best show ever was a few years back where someone called gordon a blowjob and offered to fight him
    Why are scallops so hard to cook? Every week there are problems with scallops and more often than not the risotto :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are scallops so hard to cook? Every week there are problems with scallops and more often than not the risotto :)

What get me is the menu is the same every bloody year. You'd think if you were going on you'd actually try and master scallops, wellington, risotto etc before turning up.
  • pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I imagine you fry the scallops on both sides and youre done. im not a chef, but its surely not that hard
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What get me is the menu is the same every bloody year. You'd think if you were going on you'd actually try and master scallops, wellington, risotto etc before turning up.

Yes, 1000 times yes, I find it pretty hard to believe these people don't spend hours mastering those 3 things specifically. I kind of understand why he chooses them though, they're very time-sensitive, left just a little too long on the heat or in the oven and it's no good. But still, you'd think they'd have figured it out by now, lol.

HK is my guilty pleasure, I don't consider it a cooking show, it's more like Jeremy Kyle in the kitchen shouting at people dumb enough to try out for it. :D

I'm rubbish with names, but there's one guy this season that makes me laugh .. he looks like Ant and sounds like Christian Bale's Batman when he gets angry. Hahaha!
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Exactly!
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's a brilliant suggestion for next season.
    Get a group of cooks who don't smoke their heads off when away from the kitchen.
    They must f***ing STINK.
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member

I prefer the team challenges to the dinner part.

The challenges can be truly entertaining whereas the dinner service is rarely entertaining. Its just raw this, burnt that and is basically the same every time.

I did laugh at the first of yesterdays dinners though when someone accidently spilt some oil amd the hob caught fire. According to last weeks voiceover he did it deliberately so gordon wouldnt notice the error made by the pizza guys, and jp had to come in to put it out.

Except that didnt happen. The oil spill was accidental and gordon just chucked a towel over it. The way it was advertised looked like everyone was close to sudden death!
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's a brilliant suggestion for next season.
    Get a group of cooks who don't smoke their heads off when away from the kitchen.
    They must f***ing STINK.

Seeing them around that table all smoking and that bowl overflowing with cigarette ends and ash makes me feel sick
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tt88 wrote: »

I did laugh at the first of yesterdays dinners though when someone accidently spilt some oil amd the hob caught fire. According to last weeks voiceover he did it deliberately so gordon wouldnt notice the error made by the pizza guys, and jp had to come in to put it out.

Except that didnt happen. The oil spill was accidental and gordon just chucked a towel over it. The way it was advertised looked like everyone was close to sudden death!

Yes! That's what I took from the preview - that someone had taken a pizza out of the bin to serve (using footage that ended up being from the part where Gordon asked them to bring him the binned pizzas to count), and someone else had deliberately started a fire as a distraction! Not just a clumsy oaf spilling oil...
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Yes! That's what I took from the preview - that someone had taken a pizza out of the bin to serve (using footage that ended up being from the part where Gordon asked the to bring him the binned pizzas to count), and someone else had deliberately started a fire as a distraction! Not just a clumsy oaf spilling oil...

I had forgotten it was him taking it out the bin! :o

This makes the whole hyping up thing even worse! Making out like someone served a bin pizza when actually it was not that at all.

Id have been even more disappointed if i had it in my mind that was the cause.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tt88 wrote: »
    I had forgotten it was him taking it out the bin! :o

This makes the whole hyping up thing even worse! Making out like someone served a bin pizza when actually it was not that at all.

Id have been even more disappointed if i had it in my mind that was the cause.

It's staggering how they can indicate one thing, with footage to seemingly back it up, and then it turns out the implied storyline was created out of thin air and nothing of the sort ever happened!
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The men are abysmal in this. You have to think that`s on purpose on the part of the producers.

Jessica practically had a breakdown when she got kicked out. Surprised she lasted that long.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watching Jessica in last night's episodes was a bit uncomfortable :(
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When they did the food challenge and each team member had to pick one protein or veg or carb to make their dish, oh my god the way the ladies grabbed stuff off the platter was embarrassing. I felt a bit sorry for Sandra, she got the short end twice.