Six weeks and still no name!

Comments

• lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pixie24 wrote: »
    I suspect that KP's children will probably grow up to be "professional offspring of famous parents" and have some kind of media career as it's all they have ever known so I don't think the name would be a handicap. I still think it's better suited to a nickname though.

:(

I'm really hoping that KP has a 'Saffy' though who hates pink, hates frills and anything 'girlie' and and when it comes to Disney likes all the 'baddies' and hates the princesses/heroes! I would find that so funny :D
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicola32 wrote: »
    She did a photo shoot with Jett in OK not long after he was born, she sold photos of him to The Sun on Mother's day, she also did another OK shoot with him recently.

This photo shoot now with Bunny, which I'm sure wont be the last.

But, PA is the only one who is slated for it and his baby gets called "Meal ticket".

Strange.:confused:

Not so. As far as I'm aware they both get slated - and rightly so. Both of them use their children to make money and have no other option but to flog their families pictures to the trashy mags to the media on a regular basis.

And PA IS just as responsible for the name Princess Tiammi or whatever it is - whichever way you look at it a rather silly OTT name.
  • PerfumedDivaPerfumedDiva Posts: 685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What I don't understand ( and will probably get flamed for) is that there is a PA critics thread and a PA Appreciation thread, yet every time we talk about KP, it always ends up with people slating PA and occasionally entails a bunfight.

Can't we just talk about KP without mentioning her ex from five years ago?
  • Willow33Willow33 Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I don't understand ( and will probably get flamed for) is that there is a PA critics thread and a PA Appreciation thread, yet every time we talk about KP, it always ends up with people slating PA and occasionally entails a bunfight.

It wouldn't suit the agenda ;-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Please !
  • Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It could have been worse, she could have named her daughter Peggy or Ethel, which is not cute. Is there anyone under 80 years old named Peggy or Ethel.
  • Kay2000Kay2000 Posts: 3,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Best to just ignore then. ;-) I would hate to think that another Katie thread was to be closed down.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lion5 wrote: »
    Is that an attempt to bait me... well ...

I am pleased to say that some people actually can put some thought into their childrens name... don't tell me that people don't associate names with other people... and personal experiences...

about 10 years ago it was popular to name girls after a bottle of wine... but it fell out of fashion..... but the name you give a child affects them forever... I am glad that I have a traditional name, rather than something like ice cream as I think that it has helped me in life... and there are lots of studies that confirm this!

I don't agree with Katie Hopkins though... the name that a child has is no reflection on the child but rather the idiotic parents that chose it!! I would not want to fall into that category.. and if you think that I am a 'hyacyth' for not calling my child Chardonay, Destini or Princess, Primarni or Bunny.. then I guess that is a badge of honur!

and BTW yes PM Gordon Browns first name was James.. you can google it if you don't believe me and you think that it is a fairy story!

Both BIB - Nope, you've lost me there :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It could have been worse, she could have named her daughter Peggy or Ethel, which is not cute. Is there anyone under 80 years old named Peggy or Ethel.

Lily Allen has a daughter called Ethel :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Angel Dust wrote: »
    Both BIB - Nope, you've lost me there.

There have always been 'fashionable' names that have been out there... when footballers wifes was popular as a TV series there was a spate of Chardonay's and Merlot's on birth certificates...

There are often name fads... some of them are linked to TV shows and 'personalities, or you read about them... the thing is that these trends come and go, when I was born the names Porcha and Gemma were those names.... yet no one calls their children that now...

One of the posts aimed at me refered to me as a 'hyacyinth' which in itself proves that people use names to tanspose character traits on people... I am assuming from the context of the post to mean a snob... in relation to a character from the TV series keeping up appearances... which made me chuckle as I am not a bored housewife at the end of her life with a grown up child and a retired husband whith a questionable family!

I like my name because it was never 'common' there have been times when it has been in the top 30 names... and I have a choice of whether to shorten it to another name as I did after getting married so that it matched my surname.

I do belive if my parents had given me a silly name like 'ice-cream' it would have affected my opportunties in life... there are lots of studies that show that names can have an impact on your education and career opportunities. Which company wants to employ a person called ice-cream... apart from a frozen confectioners... so to ensure that your children have a name that will suit them for a lifetime is an important consideration....

So on that basis I think that KP has made a selfish and silly choice with her daughters name... Bunny .... she is a human not a rabbit... she is a little person not a pet!
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    There have always been 'fashionable' names that have been out there... when footballers wifes was popular as a TV series there was a spate of Chardonay's and Merlot's on birth certificates...

There are often name fads... some of them are linked to TV shows and 'personalities, or you read about them... the thing is that these trends come and go, when I was born the names Porcha and Gemma were those names.... yet no one calls their children that now...

One of the posts aimed at me refered to me as a 'hyacyinth' which in itself proves that people use names to tanspose character traits on people... I am assuming from the context of the post to mean a snob... in relation to a character from the TV series keeping up appearances... which made me chuckle as I am not a bored housewife at the end of her life with a grown up child and a retired husband whith a questionable family!

I like my name because it was never 'common' there have been times when it has been in the top 30 names... and I have a choice of whether to shorten it to another name as I did after getting married so that it matched my surname.

I do belive if my parents had given me a silly name like 'ice-cream' it would have affected my opportunties in life... there are lots of studies that show that names can have an impact on your education and career opportunities. Which company wants to employ a person called ice-cream... apart from a frozen confectioners... so to ensure that your children have a name that will suit them for a lifetime is an important consideration....

So on that basis I think that KP has made a selfish and silly choice with her daughters name... Bunny .... she is a human not a rabbit... she is a little person not a pet!

In what way would a child's name impact on their education?:confused:

Surely any company would base their decision on whether to employ someone on their qualifications & experience, not their name?

You do seem to be saying "Mary" with no qualifications or experience would be employed over "Ice cream" who has both but is not employable simply because she has a silly name?
  • lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just hope the beautiful new baby brings the family some happiness really (although I said that when Jett was born so not holding my breath!!)

The name doesn't really bother me - there are many shockers out there on zeleb circuit (Sunday Roast / North West etc...) and I was actually expecting it to be more outlandish than Bunny really.

What I can't bear are the lies, there really is no need to either pretend she was more premature than she was, or lie about being six months pregnant back in April - it's one or the other. It's insulting & attention-seeking.

And don't really care who has sold the most mag stories, KP or PA - they both do it (along with many other celebs).
  • BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It could be worse, she could have picked Cavy (a nickname of guinea pig) or doe (female rabbit). :D

Bunny to me is o.k for a nickname (mine nickname as a kid was bonkers and unique!) but an actual name? (Oh well... each to their own...but then again I'm firmly in the camp of don't give pets people names and don't give people animal names) :D

I foresee many photo ops with Bunny in bunny ears *le sighs*

Hope Mummy doesn't make every step a drama for the cute little button.

(and lol at the wedding vows... yes.. that ALWAYS stops someone going off and shagging other people that does..)
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a daft name given for maximum attention seeking but it's actually nowhere near as bad as any of us were expecting.

Still, she's stolen Kerry Katonas thunder as her wedding hasn't even been mentioned on here so she's achieved all she sets out to do
  • BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Surely any company would base their decision on whether to employ someone on their qualifications & experience, not their name?

You do seem to be saying "Mary" with no qualifications or experience would be employed over "Ice cream" who has both but is not employable simply because she has a silly name?

Really, BEL, it's a bizarre and ridiculous notion.

In any case, who would want to work for someone so pathetically limited that they'd judge a potential candidate on the basis of his/her name rather than their capabilities?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    I'm a little disappointed. Its a cute name, but I was expecting something far grander.

As nobody won the sweep will it roll over for the next one?:)
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    It's a daft name given for maximum attention seeking but it's actually nowhere near as bad as any of us were expecting.

Still, she's stolen Kerry Katonas thunder as her wedding hasn't even been mentioned on here so she's achieved all she sets out to do

Katona's wedding is next week Ok!...and KP is the bridesmaid!:o

Demi-Wave wrote: »
    I'm a little disappointed. Its a cute name, but I was expecting something far grander.

As nobody won the sweep will it roll over for the next one?:)

Ooooh! Can I have "Duchess Katie" please? :D
  • Lily WhiteLily White Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    Badcat wrote: »
    It could be worse, she could have picked Cavy (a nickname of guinea pig) or doe (female rabbit). :D

Bunny to me is o.k for a nickname (mine nickname as a kid was bonkers and unique!) but an actual name? (Oh well... each to their own...but then again I'm firmly in the camp of don't give pets people names and don't give people animal names) :D
    I foresee many photo ops with Bunny in bunny ears *le sighs*
    Hope Mummy doesn't make every step a drama for the cute little button.
    (and lol at the wedding vows... yes.. that ALWAYS stops someone going off and shagging other people that does..)

Doe - (£dough) female rabbit.
    Buck - $ Male rabbit

£££ Lolly, Cash, Penny, Bob,Ayrton Senna. Moola is exotic. :p
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What a bizarre assertion. Gemma is a very popular name.
  • vflambeevflambee Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    What a bizarre assertion. Gemma is a very popular name.

I think this whole thread has become rather bizarre, actually.

I know a couple of people called Gemma
  • pollipolli Posts: 2,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well she has called her little cherub bunny so that's that , and much as I personally think it a stupid name I shall give the child the courtesy of referring to her as *bunny* and despite intense dislike of the mother (and passing fancy for the daddy) I won't be bastardising her given name by messing around with it to look cool and witty or get a dig at her mother , because calling an innocent baby anything other than her given name or family nickname would be contemptible ,in my humble opinion. So bunny it is , like it or lump it .
  • Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Exactly BEL,there may be "studies" but I for one do not believe that your name can define how well your life goes,there are people with strange names in all sorts of ways that get bloody high in life you only have to look around you in friends with good jobs and high up in their field from when I was at school with them,,
    Then on the other scale where I've worked with addicts and alcoholics who are struggling- their lives have been broken but surely no one is naive enough they are not all called Chardonnay (not that that name bothers me in the slightest!)
    Sorry but just because Katie Prices baby daughters called Bunny it does not hinder her from being the best of the very best in what career she chooses she could even be an PM -why not?
    No one knows what life holds the only thing we are guaranteed in life is taxes and death :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 173
    Forum Member

This is a genuine question. Care to list a few names that pass as OK with you. I really am interested (my first name hasn't been in the top 100 for years (although my middle name, has:) ).
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Going off on a tangent, I saw a couple of pics today of Linda Lusardi at a panto launch. She's considerably older than KP, but she looks so much better. Botox and other cosmetic proceedures have messed up KP's face and body. Very sad.
  • pollipolli Posts: 2,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    Going off on a tangent, I saw a couple of pics today of Linda Lusardi at a panto launch. She's considerably older than KP, but she looks so much better. Botox and other cosmetic proceedures have messed up KP's face and body. Very sad.
    Linda was always way better looking than kp and for sure still is .Stunning looking woman .Even nicola mclean is better looking than kp these days ,much as it pains me to say so .But yes, Linda is the dog's wotsits of glamma models .
This discussion has been closed.