Masterchef 2013

cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Looking at wiki it usually has started Jan/Feb but I've heard nothing about a start date for this year yet and we're well past the other series starts. I know auditions were being held so it's obviously happening, but does anyone know when it is due to start?

Comments

• ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you having celeriac puree withdrawal symptoms?

I have just received thew new TV listings magazine and they have a feature on Masterchef in their next issue which is for the period of the 9th-15th of March so it will be starting during that period
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,818
    Forum Member
    Hope it's better than the last series. I almost died of boredom halfway through.
  • cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks a lot. Yeah I miss the show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope they've watched more of MasterChef Australia this season. They do it the best.

I'd say I wish Gregg was gone too but I reckon it's a cold day in hell before they prise that job off him.
  • MR. MacavityMR. Macavity Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be watching as per usual, but I miss the old BBC2 format, it suited it much better the over bombastic version on One nowadays.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are we all going to be rushing out and buying last years winner, Shelina's debut cookbook?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sunshine-Plate-Shelina-Permalloo/dp/0091950813/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1361900869&sr=1-1

Will every recipe feature mango?
    Forum Member
    rumtruffle wrote: »
    I hope they've watched more of MasterChef Australia this season. They do it the best.

I'd say I wish Gregg was gone too but I reckon it's a cold day in hell before they prise that job off him.

Torode is the problem for me. I've grown to like Gregg.

Masterchef USA is miles better than our one as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Torode is the problem for me. I've grown to like Gregg.

Masterchef USA is miles better than our one as well.

We haven't had MasterChef USA here yet - which is a real shame, but I'm not sure about how you download these things!

I don't mind John, but I just think Gregg is an idiot. He never used to bother me, but the last series of pro masterchef and he really really infuriated me.

The pair of them are a sucker for a pretty face and sometimes that seems to take precedence over the ability.

But I just think the UK format is so tired. The judges are tired. The show pads so much whereas MC Australia is long, yeah, but they're ALWAYS cooking. In the UK version, you have to go with the whole sob story, 5 mins of cooking then lots of faux deliberation.

I appreciate the beeb can't license it for as long as MCA (it runs 6 days out of 7 for about 3 months), but they could make it so so much better than it is.

John and Gregg always seem to favour one candidate who inexplicably gets to, at the very least, the top 5 on a crazy basis - even when they are by far the worst in many challenges!
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    rumtruffle wrote: »

John and Gregg always seem to favour one candidate who inexplicably gets to, at the very least, the top 5 on a crazy basis - even when they are by far the worst in many challenges!

Surely you can't be suggesting that they're chosing people with no talent simply in order to boost viewing figures?????

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

:D

Looking forward to it - if only to see the comments on here!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nephelim wrote: »
    Surely you can't be suggesting that they're chosing people with no talent simply in order to boost viewing figures?????

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

:D

Looking forward to it - if only to see the comments on here!

never!!

;)
  • JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    Hope it's better than the last series. I almost died of boredom halfway through.

It was awful, wasn't it? I can barely remember any of it now - must have been snoozing.
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NEW SERIES!...Starts 12 March..9pm..BBC1....:)
  • stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Whoa! The lovely Michel and gorgeous Monica and .............Gregg!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello? Anyone?

Love seeing M0nica laugh
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great to see Monica on there :)
  • hallchallc Posts: 200,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drat its just a highlights show.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quail chocolate cake? Must have missed that one!
  • strictmachinestrictmachine Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quail chocolate cake? Must have missed that one!

I'm gutted that I didn't see that, I can only imagine the comments on here!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Botched skills tests...love it!
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do like Monica , she only does the pro series doesn't she :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    who won the Pros last year? I've completely forgotten :eek:
    Forum Member
    Why the hell are the BBC showing this programme now? It's a bizarre highlights edit of a series that was on months ago.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's supposed to be behind the scenes, not just highlights.

Still can't figure out why Michel checks out their shoes. :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why the hell are the BBC showing this programme now? It's a bizarre highlights edit of a series that was on months ago.

Presumeably as a run-in to the new series and, to be fair, it does include chefs from other series