The Charlie Cotton Jr Appreciation Thread

1235»

Comments

• Cass_VurtokCass_Vurtok Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    Oh, very interesting about the pink case! You could be on to something when you say that might be Roxy's case. It's a shame that Charlie and Ronnie can't live happily ever after together. I definitely hope we get some scenes between Dot and Charlie before he leaves. We haven't seen Dot in a while so I hope that next time we do see her, Charlie won't have already left and that they will at least get the chance to say goodbye to one another, properly.

Ooh, thanks for the link to the article! Very interesting!
    Nasty Roxy! I had liked her in the last couple of months since Charlie and Ronnie made up and started acting like a real couple and she was doing her own thing with helping Mass at his stall, but now she starts sniffing around Charlie again! Not excusing him either. I'm disappointed they're revisiting this storyline again. While I'm looking forward to seeing this played out on screen, I'm not really looking forward to it as it means the time of Charlie's departure has come. Love how they call Roxy "backstabbing" in the article. :) I agree with you, while it would be nice if Charlie took Matthew with him, it would be very surprising if he did and more believable if he abandoned him. The apple hasn't fallen very far from the tree there!

I hadn't seen that spoiler, but I think ...
    I totally agree with you, it's annoying! Vincent and Ronnie ... AGAIN! Have we travelled back in time a few months! That's just retreading old ground.
  • willowswillows Posts: 6,169
    Forum Member
    I get the feeling Charlie's exit could just be rushed out.

He has hardly been in it for weeks and isn't in it a lot up until 14th august.
    Looks like Dean finds out about Ronnie's little camera and that she has been spying. He tells Roxy. Could this be the final straw for Ronnie and Charlie if he fins out aswell or will Charlie find out about Ronnie's kiss with Vincent? No doubt he will probably confide in Roxy if this is the case
    Forum Member
    I get that feeling too, willows. He's barely in it these days. We've hardly seen any scenes of him supporting Ronnie in bonding with baby Matthew. Instead we have Ronnie scowling and plotting over Dean and Roxy.
    Ooh, I like the sound of that spoiler! Dean getting revenge on Ronnie. I think Charlie may find out about both the camera and the kiss with Vincent (this looking likely now with Kim having thrown him out) and he and Roxy get close once again. It's a pity that the character of Charlie seems to have fizzled out after a strong start last year. Oh well, we'll enjoy the last chapter of his time on the square for the meantime! It's going to be a sad day the day he leaves the Square. Getting my tissues ready already!
    Forum Member
    I get that feeling too, willows. He's barely in it these days. We've hardly seen any scenes of him supporting Ronnie in bonding with baby Matthew. Instead we have Ronnie scowling and plotting over Dean and Roxy.
    Ooh, I like the sound of that spoiler! Dean getting revenge on Ronnie. I think Charlie may find out about both the camera and the kiss with Vincent (this looking likely now with Kim having thrown him out) and he and Roxy get close once again. It's a pity that the character of Charlie seems to have fizzled out after a strong start last year. Oh well, we'll enjoy the last chapter of his time on the square for the meantime! It's going to be a sad day the day he leaves the Square. Getting my tissues ready already!

Yep it's ridiculous! Ronnie has been big disappointment, going round in circles same with Roxy she just rolls over and does as Ronnie says. After seeing last week it is kind of amusing how Dean caught her kissing. This big plan to catch Charlie cheating and it backfires. The hate Chalie gets some of it obviously deserved but Ronnie seems to get away with a lot. It's a shame where Charlie is just now just seeing out the weeks until he leaves. Think Declan Bennett deserves better
    Forum Member
    willows wrote: »
    Yep it's ridiculous! Ronnie has been big disappointment, going round in circles same with Roxy she just rolls over and does as Ronnie says. After seeing last week it is kind of amusing how Dean caught her kissing. This big plan to catch Charlie cheating and it backfires. The hate Chalie gets some of it obviously deserved but Ronnie seems to get away with a lot. It's a shame where Charlie is just now just seeing out the weeks until he leaves. Think Declan Bennett deserves better

I agree about Ronnie and Roxy, completely. Roxy is supposed to be, what, late thirties, and she just does whatever Ronnie tells her! I chuckled too when Ronnie was caught out by her own camera by Dean. She wanted to catch others cheating with it ... well now, she was caught cheating herself by others with it! The stalker becomes the stalked ... I agree about Charlie. He's barely in it these days and there's always some excuse as to where he is. The other day he was "at the zoo" with Matthew and wasn't in the episode at all. "At the zoo"? Oh yeah, where will it be next time? It won't feel too much of a shock when he does leave to be honest. It feels like he's already left! I'd be angry if I was Declan!
    Forum Member
    Yeah wtf was the zoo thing all about? Thought Ronnie would want to be with them as a family?

Anyway Ronnie is completely doing my head in lol. Thank goodness Roxy finally stood up to her tonight. Ronnie is never going to be happy. Poor Charlie getting it from all angles just now. He's boring? Sorry to say Ronnie (as I loved them as a couple) but since he married her he has changed. maybe that says more about her? Little disappointed in Roxy laughing along with her. She didn't find Charlie boring when she was jumping into bed with him. If she had any friendship/feelings or whatever left for Charlie he deserves to know the truth. Sadly there isn't anything left on the square for him now. The writers destroyed all that.
    Forum Member
    Yeah wtf was the zoo thing all about? Thought Ronnie would want to be with them as a family?

Anyway Ronnie is completely doing my head in lol. Thank goodness Roxy finally stood up to her tonight. Ronnie is never going to be happy. Poor Charlie getting it from all angles just now. He's boring? Sorry to say Ronnie (as I loved them as a couple) but since he married her he has changed. maybe that says more about her? Little disappointed in Roxy laughing along with her. She didn't find Charlie boring when she was jumping into bed with him. If she had any friendship/feelings or whatever left for Charlie he deserves to know the truth. Sadly there isn't anything left on the square for him now. The writers destroyed all that.

Completely agree Willows. Ronnie is really getting on my nerves these days, and I used to really like her. I'm glad Roxy stood up to her too. It's high time she let her know that she's not going to take her nonsense anymore. I was shocked by how venemous she was when she talked about "boring" Charlie and I was also shocked that Roxy didn't defend him. Perhaps if she did Ronnie might accuse her of having feelings for him? Maybe she was secretly annoyed Ronnie said that but said nothing for a quiet life, for fear that Ronnie would kick off (yet again).

So Ronnie'd rather the bad boys like Vincent then? That will end in tears, I bet, and to be honest it would serve her right when it does. I agree with you that Charlie's "boringness" as perceived by Ronnie has come on since he married Ronnie. Maybe she's the problem? It's a shame that Charlie will have nothing left now that Ronnie doesn't want him and is carrying on with Kim's husband. Hope Kim whoops her butt when she finds out! I'll be cheering when she does.

The writers seem to have already sidelined Charlie. As we said he was at "the zoo" the other day off-camera, and now (was it Friday I think) he was at the start of the episode for what seemed like a few seconds and then wasn't in it again. It feels like he's already left in a way.
    Forum Member
    Been a while since I have been in here. Still like Charlie but just so disappointed how he has been written. Declan looks bored and I'm not surprised. Him and Matthew are adorable together. You can tell how strong their bond is. Just such a shame that it looks like that will possibly be broken up when he leaves.

Don't even want to get started on Ronnie. Absolute mess just now. And doesn't seem all that bothered she has a young baby. How can she be bored when she has an 8 month old?
    Forum Member
    Been a while since I have been in here. Still like Charlie but just so disappointed how he has been written. Declan looks bored and I'm not surprised. Him and Matthew are adorable together. You can tell how strong their bond is. Just such a shame that it looks like that will possibly be broken up when he leaves.

Don't even want to get started on Ronnie. Absolute mess just now. And doesn't seem all that bothered she has a young baby. How can she be bored when she has an 8 month old?

I still like Charlie too and am disappointed his time on EE is coming to an end. He's barely been in it these last few weeks! You'd think they'd be making the most of the short time Declan/Charlie has left, but no! I agree, it's a huge shame that Charlie's bond with Matthew will be broken when he leaves.

I'm with you on Ronnie. Good Lord, she's become so annoying! She's just become so unlikable lately. "Oh boo hoo, my husband is boring. He's such a bore, it's not fair, wah, wah," she moans. I feel like throwing the remote at the TV when she says that! I was really looking forward to seeing Ronnie adjust to motherhood, but instead we are "treated" to her annoying behaviour with Vincent. Hope Kim finds out!

I haven't seen spoilers beyond this week but I'm guessing that
    Charlie's days are pretty much numbered and he may be gone by the end of the month or early October?
    Such a shame how fast it's come around. Again it''s a real shame that Declan/Charlie has been in EE so little lately.
    Forum Member
    I still like Charlie too and am disappointed his time on EE is coming to an end. He's barely been in it these last few weeks! You'd think they'd be making the most of the short time Declan/Charlie has left, but no! I agree, it's a huge shame that Charlie's bond with Matthew will be broken when he leaves.

I'm with you on Ronnie. Good Lord, she's become so annoying! She's just become so unlikable lately. "Oh boo hoo, my husband is boring. He's such a bore, it's not fair, wah, wah," she moans. I feel like throwing the remote at the TV when she says that! I was really looking forward to seeing Ronnie adjust to motherhood, but instead we are "treated" to her annoying behaviour with Vincent. Hope Kim finds out!

I haven't seen spoilers beyond this week but I'm guessing that
    Charlie's days are pretty much numbered and he may be gone by the end of the month or early October?
    Such a shame how fast it's come around. Again it''s a real shame that Declan/Charlie has been in EE so little lately.

I actually really feel for him just now. Yes he cheated but he is really trying to make things work. What's so bad about him working and looking after his son? And then when he does make an effort she would rather be Phil's sidekick. Feel sorry for little Matthew. Got a mum who couldn't give a stuff right now. Would rather be doing other stuff than being with him and his dad. Poor writing as she was desperate to be a mum.

Yes this week I think he plans to leave. And then I think the week after
    On 21st it says 2 residents prepare to leave walford but with word of their departure spreading will it go to plan. I think this might be Roxy/Charlie? Then on the 22nd it says Ronnie gives Vincent the cold shoulder. Charlie isn't in cast list for this day but Roxy is. Then on 24th it says Ronnie resorts to desperate measures to keep her family in order Charlie back in cast list for this day. He isn't in cast list for 25th. So I'm not sure how it's going to go. Does he leave on his own on the 21st but then either comes back on 24th or Ronnie tracks him down somewhere. I just hope she doesn't do anything stupid to him. They better leave the door open :o
    Forum Member
    I actually really feel for him just now. Yes he cheated but he is really trying to make things work. What's so bad about him working and looking after his son? And then when he does make an effort she would rather be Phil's sidekick. Feel sorry for little Matthew. Got a mum who couldn't give a stuff right now. Would rather be doing other stuff than being with him and his dad. Poor writing as she was desperate to be a mum.

Yes this week I think he plans to leave. And then I think the week after
    On 21st it says 2 residents prepare to leave walford but with word of their departure spreading will it go to plan. I think this might be Roxy/Charlie? Then on the 22nd it says Ronnie gives Vincent the cold shoulder. Charlie isn't in cast list for this day but Roxy is. Then on 24th it says Ronnie resorts to desperate measures to keep her family in order Charlie back in cast list for this day. He isn't in cast list for 25th. So I'm not sure how it's going to go. Does he leave on his own on the 21st but then either comes back on 24th or Ronnie tracks him down somewhere. I just hope she doesn't do anything stupid to him. They better leave the door open :o

Me too. I feel sorry for him. He cheated which was a daft thing to have done, and it was understandable for Ronnie to have been betrayed at the time, but he has really been trying to make up for his mistake and put things right, but Ronnie has just been like the ice queen with him. You're right - Ronnie wanted for ages to be a Mum more than anything else and now that she finally is, she's off gallivanting with Vincent and getting involved in Phil's latest capers with Kathy. Her being a Mum has fallen by the wayside really. It's disappointing the way it's been written. It's weird because she used to be one of my favourite characters and I was delighted when she returned to the show 2 years ago after some time away.

Ronnie was so cold the way she told Charlie the other night it was over and to pack his bags, just like that, but I'm glad that last night he vowed to fight her for custody and to not roll over.
    Oh, those spoilers sound exciting for next week! I do hope Ronnie won't harm Charlie somehow. The synopsis for the 24th Sept in particular sounds very interesting! "Desperate measures" ... I hope this won't mean that Charlie will be meeting his maker next week as yet another victim of Ronnie's! :o He did threaten her last night by saying, "At least I've never killed anyone." How far will she be willing to go to protect Charlie from revealing her murderous secret and to make sure he doesn't get custody of Matthew? Interesting times ahead! But yes, I totally agree that I do not want him to be killed off. At least then there'll always be the possibility that he can return some day.
    Forum Member
    Well, how good was that episode last night!! Wow!! A couple of pretty good twists there. Firstly, I was shocked (on Friday) that Roxy appeared to agree to Charlie's plan. I was like, "I can't believe she did that!" But in a weird way, although I like Charlie, I was also relieved that Roxy was actually on Ronnie's side and that Roxy was tricking Charlie.

Amazing episode last night. Although I have found Ronnie super-annoying lately, I really did feel very sorry for her when it appeared that Charlie had taken Matthew, and I was actually relieved when Ronnie and Roxy were reunited with Matthew. While I do appreciate that he was panicked and afraid of losing Matthew to Ronnie and was a desperate man, I don't think Charlie behaved very honourably in his actions until he got to the station.

I can't understand though why did he leave Matthew behind at the station?? Did he feel deep down that when it really came to it, he couldn't do that to Ronnie? But then that would invalidate everything he was saying about getting Matthew away from the "psycho" that is Ronnie? Maybe he panicked upon realising Roxy's double-crossing and realised that he could not bring Matthew up himself, without Roxy? Or was he a bit of a coward and afraid that alerts, etc, would be put out for him and that he could be done for child abduction?

I remember in your earlier post, willows, you said that
    Charlie is in the cast list for this Thursday the 24th so maybe we'll find out exactly why he did what he did, and see what happens that leads to his exit. I'm hoping it's a happy ending of sorts that will facilitate his return to EE should he ever wish to come back. I hope Ronnie doesn't add him to the tally of her body count!

I really feel for Mrs B, what's she going to do when she finds out that Charlie left without even saying goodbye? And that Fats knew and didn't tell her (well, I felt sorry for him, Charlie put him in an impossible situation)? "Oh, I say!" Poor Dot!
    Forum Member
    Well, wow is all I can say after tonight's episode!! What on earth have Ronnie and Vincent done to Charlie??!! Is he dead?? It looked pretty ominous with his passport being found in the bin, Vincent having changed his top, and Ronnie telling Roxy that Charlie is "gone". I hope he's not dead! At least we never saw him being killed outright so there is the possibility he can always come back, right? Or am I clutching at straws?? Yet another mystery for us to all mull over! EastEnders sure likes its ambiguous "hinting at deaths" but not confirming them.
    So was that Charlie's swansong? Wikipedia seems to think so, listing his departure date as 24/09/15 (today). We really had been hoping that this wouldn't be how Charlie was going to end up, with Ronnie being involved in committing murder YET AGAIN, but now it seems she and Vincent have done something rather untoward to Charlie.
    Forum Member
    So where to start...

I absolutely can't stand Ronnie now. Such a shame that they seem to have destroyed her and I'm not sure there is even a way back. What has Charlie actually done that he deserves to lose Matthew? (and possibly murdered) She has done much worse in her life and she seems to get away with most things. What she is doing to Dot is unforgiveable. Stealing her keys from her bag while she pretends to care. Dot always has her back. And has been so good to her.

Roxy. Oh Roxy you disappointed me. Now I get it. She wanted to help her sister as she didn't want to lose a child. But there are better ways to go about things. She could have made Charlie and Ronnie realise there is a little boy in between all the mess. But she actually tried to drive Charlie away trying to trick him so he would lose out. She said a few episodes ago that he was a decent guy. So why would she do that to him. Someone she supposedly cared a lot for and who has been a great figure in her own daughters life.

I'm not so sure we have seen the last of Charlie though. Are we supposed to believe that While in a house with her OWN SON. She would have his dad killed and then somehow they have managed to move a body in broad daylight. Dumped his wallet in such an obvious place? I'm not convinced. Maybe I am clutching at straws aswell but we have seen no dead body or concrete evidence he has gone. Fatboy is suspicious and now I think Roxy is starting to click that something is wrong. If Dot can't get hold of him then surely alarm bells will start ringing and Ronnie will be number 1 suspect. As she was dealing with it. I am sort of hoping that Vincent isn't the little lapdog he has been made out to be. Why is he so obsessed with Ronnie? I said in another thread on the forum that I would like to see that maybe Vincent is playing her and that somehow him and Charlie have came to some sort of arrangement. Could this be the start of the downfall of Ronnie that leads to her exit?

As I have just witnessed with my other fav character. Ross in emmerdale. he wasn't dead and came back. I hope for the same with Charlie. Maybe he will come back for a little stint if or when Ronnie does leave. Fingers crossed. Have loved Charlie the last few episodes and it was like when he first arrived. Taking no nonsense and having his balls back :D
    Forum Member
    Oh, Ronnie is so annoying now, absolutely. I can hardly believe that relatively recently she was one of my favourite characters! But no, I can’t stand her now. It’s a shame what has become of her character lately. Charlie does not deserve to be murdered, no matter what he has done. (Hopefully he hasn’t been, but for now we viewers are left in some doubt as to what happened to him). Yeah, her actions to Dot have been disgraceful. >:( I hope she gets her just desserts and that Kim finds out that she’s been messing around with her hubby, and goes on the warpath! I’ll be in her corner.

Disappointed at Roxy too, though I guess I can see she felt trapped. She did like Charlie and she did feel guilty at what she was doing, playing a part in him losing Matthew, but I guess when the chips were down, if it was either Charlie or Ronnie, she picked Ronnie (though that didn’t seem to particularly concern her when she and Charlie were sleeping together earlier in the year). Maybe she is so anxious to make amends with Ronnie after her affair that she felt she had to help her out with this and be on her side, to make up for what she did? Maybe she does feel bad deep down.

Good theory about Charlie. I doubt Ronnie, despite her very dubious morals, would allow Charlie to be killed in the same house as her sleeping baby son. Not sure also how they would have gotten rid of the body. Where is that camera that Ronnie had installed a few months ago where she was spying on people? Is that gone now? I missed a few episodes about August time so I don’t know how that storyline concluded, whether the camera was discovered and gotten rid of, or if it’s still there somewhere recording away …

You’re right, we’ve seen no concrete evidence that Charlie is dead and for me, I’m refusing to think that he’s dead. I’m thinking he’s alive somewhere, but where he is and how exactly he got there remains a mystery. I think Dot will start to put two and two together and realise something’s not right here. She’s a shrewd lady, is our Dot!

I think you may be on to something as regards Charlie and Vincent coming to some kind of deal. Maybe Vincent has been on Charlie’s side the whole time? Maybe he paid Charlie off somehow and he’s going to be instrumental in Ronnie’s downfall? And maybe Vincent and Charlie have agreed that Charlie stays away for maybe six months or so, Vincent brings about Ronnie’s downfall while pretending to be on her side, and that he’ll deliver Matthew back to him in six months or something? I like that theory!

Hopefully we will see Charlie again in the future, even if it’s just for an episode or two, at least it will give us Charlie fans some closure and a proper ending for the character, instead of us being stuck in this sort of limbo not knowing whether he’s dead or alive.
    I did like the tougher Charlie we saw in the last few episodes. He really grew some balls, didn’t he!

So yeah, I hope Charlie does come back some day and that it turns out he wasn’t dead after all but in some sort of protection like Emmerdale’s Ross (I like him too, I have to admit I didn’t like him at all until the last few months or so. Michael Parr is hot as hell too! ^_^) They did something similar with Shirley a couple of years back, if I recall correctly, where her ID and documents was chucked in a bin, and when she returned a few months later, we learned that she’d been pretty much safe and well the whole time. So hopefully the same will happen with Charlie.
    Forum Member
    I'm assuming the camera is gone now. I'm not actually sure though.

I really hope the Vincent stuff is true. It would be a good twist as he seems to do anything for Ronnie and I fail to see why?

I think Roxy did feel bad afterwards and probably does regret doing what she did. I don't think she is all that convinced with Ronnie's story and soon she will realise something isn't quite right. Also apparently Ronnie is going to go to Mick so they can try get rid of Dean or something like that. That looks like that might run into end of year so maybe the Charlie stuff might not be concluded until next year? If at all
    Forum Member
    I'm assuming the camera is gone now. I'm not actually sure though.

I really hope the Vincent stuff is true. It would be a good twist as he seems to do anything for Ronnie and I fail to see why?

I think Roxy did feel bad afterwards and probably does regret doing what she did. I don't think she is all that convinced with Ronnie's story and soon she will realise something isn't quite right. Also apparently Ronnie is going to go to Mick so they can try get rid of Dean or something like that. That looks like that might run into end of year so maybe the Charlie stuff might not be concluded until next year? If at all

I think you're right, I haven't seen the camera in ages so I'm guessing whatever purpose it was meant to serve has now ended. Either way, it doesn't seem to have been referenced since the summer, I think?

I also fail to see why Vincent is falling over himself to do anything for Ronnie. Maybe he genuinely has fallen for her, and if he was initially going to get revenge on Phil through her, maybe now he's reconsidered now that he's fallen in love with her (if he has of course). It would be definitely a good twist though.

I'm still quite fond of Roxy (unlike her evil sister!) and I do feel she did feel guilt at her part in tricking Charlie. She genuinely did have feelings for him, but when she had to pick between him and her scary sister, she picked Ronnie! Who knows, she'd probably end up missing too if she crossed Ronnie and Ronnie found out! (I still have to say Ronnie was surprisingly restrained towards Roxy upon discovering Roxy's affair with Charlie).

Very interesting re the planned storylines concerning Mick/Ronnie/Dean. Good Lord, if Ronnie has a part in whatever happens to Dean, she'll be approaching flippin' Richard Hillman territory! :o I dread to think how many more victims she'll have claimed in, say, 5 years' time! But that does sound very interesting, and it indicates that the mystery of Charlie's whereabouts will continue into 2016. I'd love to find out what has happened to Charlie some day, be it later this year or next year or whenever. Even if Declan can't film a scene, some explanation of what happened to him at least (though of course I'd prefer Declan to appear in person, in a surprise return six months or even a year down the track a la Rachel of Emmerdale). ^_^
    Forum Member
    So did we finally have a conclusion to the whole Charlie saga on Friday night, with Charlie talking to Roxy on the phone and appearing to be safe and well? I'm glad he's apparently safe and well (well, unless he's not being held somewhere and forced by someone or other to pretend that he's fine to Roxy), but is that it? Is that the last we'll ever hear from Charlie? I was hoping he might have appeared back on screen whenever his fate was revealed.

IF Charlie is safe and well and this was his last mention and we'll never see him again, it was a shame how his character and interest in his character fizzled out so fast. I have to say, with retrospect, once the producers or whoever brought him down the road of sleeping with Roxy while Ronnie was in the coma, there was no going back from that really. People who had liked the character up until then turned against him.

IF Charlie is being held against his will by someone (one of Vincent's associates), maybe this introduces the possibility of him coming back to the Square in the future.
    I'm guessing (in my opinion) though that Declan has long gone and has probably moved on to other projects now since leaving EE. Oh well, it was a short but sweet 18 months or however long it was that Charlie lasted! :( I had hoped the character would have stayed for longer. Though of course if Declan wanted to leave, there was nothing the producers could have done about that.
    Forum Member
    Bit of a disappointment really. I really thought we would see him one last time but supposedly he's far to scared to come back because of Ronnie. I don't believe that for one second and it's a major let down. As if he would just cut off his son and Dot. I suppose we are led to believe he is still alive which is good news. Always a chance for him to come back. I thought maybe Vincent was going to be on his side and to get to Ronnie. Really fed up of her just now and there is only so long she can continue to do what she does. Her son should be involved with his dad and she is horrible for doing what she did. I hope Dot finds out what's she really been up to. Can't stand her being nice to her after what she did
    Forum Member
    Bit of a disappointment really. I really thought we would see him one last time but supposedly he's far to scared to come back because of Ronnie. I don't believe that for one second and it's a major let down. As if he would just cut off his son and Dot. I suppose we are led to believe he is still alive which is good news. Always a chance for him to come back. I thought maybe Vincent was going to be on his side and to get to Ronnie. Really fed up of her just now and there is only so long she can continue to do what she does. Her son should be involved with his dad and she is horrible for doing what she did. I hope Dot finds out what's she really been up to. Can't stand her being nice to her after what she did

Agreed, I don't believe it either. He showed in the past he wouldn't be pushed around by Ronnie. If he was so scared of Ronnie, why was he trying to steal her baby on her? Surely if he was so terrified of risking the wrath of Veronica, he wouldn't have done this? It's very unrealistic that he would cut all ties with his son and Dot, after all she did for him. He'd surely know that she'd be hurt by the lack of contact, which she already is. She'll really be hurt if he fails to get in contact for Christmas, which he will if he's now apparently so scared of the Big Bad Ronnie!

Yes, it is good that at least he is alive which at least provides us some hope of him returning some day. Will he return? I don't know. I hope so. I get the horrible feeling he'll be one of those characters that will soon be forgotten about by just about everyone and in a couple of years it will be like he never existed, or maybe mentioned the odd time by Dot.

Ronnie is such a complicated character. I've hated her the last couple of months, but suddenly I've started to feel sorry for her!! I know, what's happening to me! :D She's very two-faced to be all sweetness and light to Dot after what she did, and she can be obnoxious at times, but at other times I can't help but feel sorry for her! Weird, eh! :kitty:

According to his Twitter, it appears that Declan is focusing on his music for the time being. Apparently he's playing a gig in the States in January! Good on him!