Jungle book 2016

2»

Comments

• grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched it today (have Odeon Limitless so no risk)..... Was a pretty good story, voice cast were excellent.....some scenes were definitely rated 12......

I enjoyed the CGI and not too much sentimentalism...the young actor was excellent in the role....
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,419
    Forum Member
    Saw this tonight, absolutely loved it. I knew I was going to enjoy it but didn't think I would enjoy it that much. The only thing I would have changed was to have Kaa in it a bit more but with how the film ending and with
    Shere Khan dying
    leaves room for Kaa to become a more prominent character in the sequel.
  • KekebearKekebear Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    Heavenly wrote: »
    Getting great reviews.

My local cinema only showing it in 2d at the moment.

Been told it is worth paying the extra for 3d?

I think it adds a certain element in 3D; we saw it in 2D but I imagine 3D might be more interesting.

We HATED it! I'm a huge Disney fan but not a fan of live action; we purely went as we had Limitless Passes to use on a day off and we have seen everything else. We were the only ones in the cinema too!
  • TaintedmeatTaintedmeat Posts: 1,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed it however I was very angry at very badly behaved children in my cinema

One young child was constantly talking / commentating all the way through

Rows of children getting up and down to use the toilets with mummy and daddy

Why can't they just sit still in silence for a few hours
  • KekebearKekebear Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed it however I was very angry at very badly behaved children in my cinema

I think it's because they are tiny humans, with tiny bladders.
  • HissyMissyHissyMissy Posts: 85
    Forum Member

Were you at the Hackney Picturehouse on Saturday afternoon at the 2.00 screening? :)

As for the film, I absolutely loved it, better than I thought it would be. I'm not really a big fan of 3D, so saw it in 2D. Neel Sethi was excellent as Mowgli , all the more astonishing as you could imagine what he had to act opposite (before the CGI elements). I loved the voice cast. Of course it was great hearing the two best songs from the cartoon, sorry animated feature. Plus hearing Trust in Me during the end credits. Also a nice touch for the makers to use the same music during the opening credits as was in the original.

I even watched the original when I got home later that night, still also great! Though very curious as to why two very British sounding elephants have a very American sounding baby son!
  • JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,093
    Forum Member

We went on Friday afternoon. During school hours. It was full of pensioners. Great I thought. Apart from one screaming brat who ruined the whole film. Screaming and shouting all the way through. I would expect this on a Saturday afternoon. But not on a Friday afternoon during term time.
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guy at work went with his other half and their 12 year old grand-daughter.

They absolutely loved it and said it was really worth seeing in 3d.

I am going to see it tomorrow evening.
  • deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw it in 2d last night and really enjoyed it.
    I hadn't really seen much marketing or trailers for the film, but I had heard good things about it and it lived up to the praise.

Yes the film is very similar to the animated film but it really works as a live action film, and as others have said the animals look real.
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw it in 3D last night.

Really enjoyed it. A visual treat. The CGI was flawless and Neeli Sethi did a remarkable job for a young boy having to emote with no other actors at all. Charming and emotional.

All the voices were great but but Ben Kingsley as Bagheera was my favourite.

8.5/10
  • WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Loved the songs.
  • davisadavisa Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Took my boy to an autistic friendly performance. He really enjoyed it as did we.

All the children were really well behaved. No adverts/trailers and a proper (i.e.: lower) volume helped as did being able to take in our own food and drink. :)
  • Decepticons1Decepticons1 Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    Saw this last night, movie was good but my only issues were Baloo, Kaa & King Louie's voices. John Goodman would have been good for Baloo.
  • Jeremy_ClarkJeremy_Clark Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    Saw it last week, thought it was great, not looking forward to the Petes dragon remake.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant film watched it yesterday with my daughter, the voice actors were spot on.
  • ScrubberScrubber Posts: 4,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved this film. Best thing I've seen in a long time.
  • J105J105 Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw this on Sat in a packed screening......it was brilliant...loved all of it :)
  • daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    Finally got round to seeing this, and I thought it was fantastic. I was initially skeptical about a live-action version, but was quickly converted. I even got emotional at the thought of a water truce!

The CGI and the voice actors were fantastic, as was Neel Sethi as Mowgli.