Comments

• Options
    MobolocoMoboloco Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Once Upon a Time in the West

Harmonica: And Frank?
    Snaky: Frank sent us.
    Harmonica: Did you bring a horse for me?
    Snaky: Well... looks like we're...
    [snickers]
    Snaky: ...looks like we're shy one horse.
    Harmonica: You brought two too many.
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the Clint Eastwood Spaghetti Westerns :
    "My mule don't like people laughin'.
    He gets the crazy idea they're laughin' at HIM.
    Now, if you men would just apoligise, like I know you're going to, I might convince him to forget the whole thing"

Or something like that ! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    In Fatal Attraction when Michael Douglas leaves the next morning after one night stand with Glen Close.
    Glen close phones him up when he's at home
    " Hey where were you ,I woke up you wer'nt here I hate that"
    Michael Douglas face is a picture.
  • Options
    BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That'll do Pig, that'll do.
  • Options
    Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Never go full retard"

Tropic Thunder
  • Options
    VegetaVegeta Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Poor people get bored too"

Van Damme from Hard Target
  • Options
    gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Is it safe?" :eek:

is your name based on the fabulous character in "night of the demon" -- one of my favourite horror movies?
  • Options
    JackappleJackapple Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aint you gonna bury him?

nope, buzzards gotta eat the same as worms...
  • Options
    MissCultureMissCulture Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dinner at Eight (1933)
    Blonde bombshell Jean Harlow in skin tight satin gown is walking through a lobby with the inimitable grande dame Marie Dressler....

Harlow - "Do you know I read that a man said that machinary will one day replace every profession?"

Dressler "Well my dear, that's one thing YOU need never worry about..."

Henry Fonda's 'I'll be there' speech in Grapes of Wrath (1940) about impoverished farmers forced to flee the dust bowl of the mid-west....

"I'll be all around in the dark. I'll be everywhere. Wherever you can look, wherever there's a fight, so hungry people can eat, I'll be there. Wherever there's a cop beatin' up a guy, I'll be there. I'll be in the way guys yell when they're mad. I'll be in the way kids laugh when they're hungry and they know supper's ready, and when the people are eatin' the stuff they raise and livin' in the houses they build, I'll be there, too."

My personal favourite - Spencer Tracy to his daughter and her black fiance, Sidney Poitier, in Guess Who's Coming to Dinner:

"There'll be 100 million people right here in this country who will be shocked and offended and appalled and the two of you will just have to ride that out, maybe every day for the rest of your lives. You could try to ignore those people, or you could feel sorry for them and for their prejudice and their bigotry and their blind hatred and stupid fears, but where necessary you'll just have to cling tight to each other and say "screw all those people"!

That one always gets me :cry:
  • Options
    MissCultureMissCulture Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forgot...

"You're my Lassie, you're my Lassie come home!" :cry::cry::cry:
  • Options
    ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Sometimes dead is better." Pet Sematary

One of my all time favourites, from Beowulf: " Christ, eh? Heard of him. Ever have much luck with trolls?"
  • Options
    jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PhilT1808 wrote: »
    The last lines of Some Like it Hot:

Osgood: I called Mama. She was so happy she cried. She wants you to have her wedding gown. It's white lace.
    Daphne: Yeah, Osgood. I can't get married in your mother's dress. Ha ha. That-she and I, we are not built the same way.
    Osgood: We can have it altered.
    Daphne: Aw no you don't! Osgood, I'm gonna level with you. We can't get married at all.
    Osgood: Why not?
    Daphne: Well, in the first place, I'm not a natural blonde.
    Osgood: Doesn't matter.
    Daphne: I smoke. I smoke all the time.
    Osgood: I don't care.
    Daphne: Well, I have a terrible past. For three years now, I've been living with a saxophone player.
    Osgood: I forgive you.
    Daphne: I can never have children.
    Osgood (unperturbed): We can adopt some.
    Jerry-Daphne: But you don't understand, Osgood. (He whips off his wig, exasperated, and changes to a manly voice.) Uh, I'm a man.
    Osgood (unruffled, undaunted, and still in love): Well, nobody's perfect.

:D

:D Love this film and this last scene! Very risque for it's time. I am a huge fan of Jack Lemmon.
    That'll do Pig, that'll do.

Awww yes. I have to stop myself from saying that to people in case they think I'm calling them a pig!
  • Options
    mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not from a film, but from Lace the tv miniseries
    Phoebe Cates to 4 women
    "Which one of you bitches is my mother!"

Films: Attack Of The Clones:
    Senator Padme Amidala "You're studying to become a Jedi Knight. I'm a Senator. If you follow your thoughts through to conclusion, they will take us to a place we cannot go..."

This film has some of the most unintentionally bad dialogue commited to celluloid, ever.

The Shining:
    "Redrumredrumredrum!"
    "Little pigs-little pigs! Let me in!"
    "Heeeeeeeeres Johnny!"

Another little gem from Serial Mom:
    Beverly Sutphin "Hello? Is this the c*cksucker residence?!"

As you can tell, Im a purveyor of the classics...:D
  • Options
    mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PhilT1808 wrote: »
    The last lines of Some Like it Hot:

Osgood: I called Mama. She was so happy she cried. She wants you to have her wedding gown. It's white lace.
    Daphne: Yeah, Osgood. I can't get married in your mother's dress. Ha ha. That-she and I, we are not built the same way.
    Osgood: We can have it altered.
    Daphne: Aw no you don't! Osgood, I'm gonna level with you. We can't get married at all.
    Osgood: Why not?
    Daphne: Well, in the first place, I'm not a natural blonde.
    Osgood: Doesn't matter.
    Daphne: I smoke. I smoke all the time.
    Osgood: I don't care.
    Daphne: Well, I have a terrible past. For three years now, I've been living with a saxophone player.
    Osgood: I forgive you.
    Daphne: I can never have children.
    Osgood (unperturbed): We can adopt some.
    Jerry-Daphne: But you don't understand, Osgood. (He whips off his wig, exasperated, and changes to a manly voice.) Uh, I'm a man.
    Osgood (unruffled, undaunted, and still in love): Well, nobody's perfect.

:D

"Hello, is that Mr Poliakoff? I hear your looking for a couple of... Guuuurl musicians...?!":D
  • Options
    goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GALADRIEL VOICE-OVER: Your coming to us (Frodo sees a vision of Galadriel's bright blue eyes opening) is as the footsteps of doom. You bring great evil here! (echos) Ringbearer!

SAM: Mr Frodo ?

GIMLI: Well! Here's one dwarf she won't ensnare so easily! I have the eyes of a hawk, and ears of a fox!

Gimli is brought up abruptly by two arrows appearing in front of his face

GIMLI: Oh!

The Fellowship are surrounded by drawn arrows on all sides by numerous elves. Legolas has drawn his own arrow in response. Aragorn holds his hand up in peace

HALDIR: (stepping forward) The dwarf breathes so loud, we could have shot him in the dark.

Fellowship of the Ring in Lothlorien
  • Options
    filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the film 1941 the japonese sailors struggle to try to get a big american radio through the small entry hole in their submarine and one of the japonese sailors says " Well have to make these smaller " ! :)

Lethal Weapon ..Mel Gibson saying "As one shepard said to another ..lets get the flock out of here " :)
  • Options
    goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is your name based on the fabulous character in "night of the demon" -- one of my favourite horror movies?

At last someone else has heard of this film - everytime I've seen it (hasn't been on TV for a long time) it's scared me to death - even tho the special effects are old-fashioned.
  • Options
    quirkyquirkquirkyquirk Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    "Do you ever dance with the devil by the pale moonlight"? - Joker

"Do you wanna get nuts! Let's get nuts!" - Batman
  • Options
    ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    goldberry1 wrote: »
    At last someone else has heard of this film - everytime I've seen it (hasn't been on TV for a long time) it's scared me to death - even tho the special effects are old-fashioned.

"It's in the trees! It's coming.".:eek::eek::eek:
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Evil Dead 2 "Groovy"

Night Of The Living Dead "They're coming to get you Barbara"
  • Options
    xxstephiebabixxxxstephiebabixx Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My grandpa asked me one time if I care whether I live or die. Yeah I do. Now it's too late.

menace II society.

I was talking to Blackburn the other day, and he asked me "What changed? Why are we going home?" and I said "Nothing

black hawk down

just to lighten the mood ... :D

Yul: How 'bout I beat your butt right now?
    Sanka: How 'bout I draw a line down the middle of your head so it looks like a butt?

Derice: I can't believe you're still cold, mon.
    Sanka: Cold? I'm freezing my royal Rastafarian nay-nays off!
  • Options
    JohnbeeJohnbee Posts: 4,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will not do the whole context, but anyone who has seen the film will know the wonderful line:

Beulah, peel me a grape.
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Dai13371 wrote: »
    Dirty Harry - Harry Callaghan

"When I see a grown man chasing a woman down an alleyway with a butcher knife and a hard-on, I figure he's not out collecting for the Red Cross"

The Naked Gun Version:
    Mayor: Drebin, I don't want anymore trouble like you had last year on the South Side. Understand? That's my policy.

Frank: Yes. Well, when I see 5 weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of the park in full view of 100 people, I shoot the bastards. That's *my* policy.

Mayor: That was a Shakespeare-In-The-Park production of "Julius Caesar", you moron! You killed 5 actors! Good ones
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    The Magnificent Seven:
    Old Man: They are all farmers. Farmers talk of nothing but fertilizer and women. I've never shared their enthusiasm for fertilizer. As for women, I became indifferent when I was eighty-three.
    (Steve McQueen's reaction to this is priceless)

Vin: We deal in lead friend.

Chris: The old man was right. Only the farmers won. We lost. We always lose.

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
    Butch Cassidy: Well, the way I figure it, we can either fight or give. If we give, we go to jail.

Sundance Kid: I've been there already.

Butch Cassidy: We could fight - they'll stay right where they are and starve us out. Or go for position, shoot us. Might even get a rock slide started, get us that way. What else can they do?

Sundance Kid: They could surrender to us, but I wouldn't count on that.

Goldfinger
    James Bond: Do you expect me to talk?

Goldfinger: No Mr Bond. I expect you to die!
  • Options
    BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jende wrote: »

Awww yes. I have to stop myself from saying that to people in case they think I'm calling them a pig!

Haha :D I'm always saying it to people. And they always just look at me with a blank expression!

I said it to my mum a few weeks ago when she was pouring some gravy on my sunday roast! LOL!