Free/Discounted travel for Under 16 Foreign Students (London)

ns.macdns.macd Posts: 766
Forum Member
✭✭
Hope you can help, as I cannot find much info on the TFL website -

We have 2 under 16 year olds coming from Brazil to spend 3months with us and would like to take them to see the sights of London etc for as cheap as possible - Otherwise for 2 adults and 2 children the travelcards alone for a day out would be near £30 berfore we get anywhere!

Does anyone know if they would be entitled to either a free under 16/student oyster card, or any sort of discounted travel - I can only find childens weekly (£22.00) or monthly (£84.50) prices on TFL's website.

(It would be for off peak times from Zones 1-5) between November & February.

Thanks in advance!! :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you will need to send in a passport photo and things and the adress and stuff, so it might not be possible to get them an oyster card

Only young children can get on busses for free without an oyster card, im 16, and for about 2 or 3 years have had to produce an oyster card otherwise they wouldnt believe i was under 16, and qualify for free travel

Maybe you could email someone at Tfl, im sure there will be a help email somewhere

good luck:)
  • caroilcaroil Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    We were in London this summer and my son is 15. Just bought him a daily travel card which was £2 .
  • ns.macdns.macd Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the advice guys! :)