Options

Sky ...virgin media

b.leverb.lever Posts: 1,190
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Need some advice the learned people out there .at the moment I have sky with ttwo hd boxes cost per month £73 my Broadband 20mb is with virgin media free calls line rental paid till jan cost about £19.50 I would like bt sports .should I stick with sky and pay extra for bt sports or change to virgin media can anyone work out the cost difference I would need two TiVo boxes one for downstairs and one for the bed room .

Any help would be apriciated .
Thank you .

Comments

• Options
    sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your best bet would be going onto the VM website, and try an order for what you want, and that should be the price, simple as that really, you can add it all into a basket and see what the total is, if you are happy, ring Vm and see if you can have it for that price or even cheaper.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    Height of laziness.

Virgin Packages

All you are asking is for someone else to do the legwork as all the info you need is available on-line. DIY. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    r11co wrote: »
    Height of laziness.

Virgin Packages

All you are asking is for someone else to do the legwork as all the info you need is available on-line. DIY. :rolleyes:

Not asking for someone to do leg work just advice quite capable of doing that . Thank you mr sarky .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your best bet would be going onto the VM website, and try an order for what you want, and that should be the price, simple as that really, you can add it all into a basket and see what the total is, if you are happy, ring Vm and see if you can have it for that price or even cheaper.

Thank you
  • Options
    sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    b.lever wrote: »
    Thank you

If it says you are already a customer, or asks, say no (or it will want you to sign in), if you can't continue, just try a different number in your street, someone without VM (trial and error),,it's how I do it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not asking for someone to do leg work......

Really??
    can anyone work out the cost difference

What is 'anyone' going to do that you cannot do yourself with the pricing information on Virgin/Sky websites?
    quite capable of doing that .

So, what was the point of this thread..?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    r11co wrote: »
    Really??

What is 'anyone' going to do that you cannot do yourself with the pricing information on Virgin/Sky websites?

So, what was the point of this thread..?

Now you know why I don't use this website very often .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 339
    Forum Member
    Need some advice the learned people out there .at the moment I have sky with ttwo hd boxes cost per month £73 my Broadband 20mb is with virgin media free calls line rental paid till jan cost about £19.50 I would like bt sports .should I stick with sky and pay extra for bt sports or change to virgin media can anyone work out the cost difference I would need two TiVo boxes one for downstairs and one for the bed room .

Thank you .

PM me, I work for VM in store, will tell you what I can offer
  • Options
    majorgartmajorgart Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    Your best bet is to ring Virgin and tell them you wish to cancel your broadband / phone service as you want to put all your services to one provider.
    I 100% guarantee you will get a better deal from Virgin than you will from Sky .
    But you'll need to go through to Virgin retentions - a standard operator won't be able to offer you as good a deal as retentions.
    Just in case - you may want to make exactly the same call to Sky and see who comes up with the best offer.

When I did it 3 or 4 years ago Sky admitted they couldn't even get close to the Virgin price.
    Of course be aware of the various channels that Virgin don't include.
    But as you already have a service from Virgin you should have no problems getting a deal from retentions that make their website prices look extortionate- although the arrival of BT Sports may make them a bit less generous than they were earlier in the week
  • Options
    Forum Member

Revealing choice of words. ;)
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

virgin media packs are half price for 6 months if you sign up via topcashback you'll get £210 cashback too.
    So basically for 6 months you'd get xl tv , 60mbs broadband , weekend calls , tivo and a vhd box for about £40p/m.
    Or you get the vip pack which is everything including sky movies , sports , premium hd , 120mbs broadband calls day and night tivo 1tb box and a vhd box for about £65p/m for 6 months. So just work out your difference from that.
  • Options
    majorgartmajorgart Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't that only apply for a brand new customer , not one who already has broadband from them?
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    majorgart wrote: »
    Wouldn't that only apply for a brand new customer , not one who already has broadband from them?

Speak to retentions is best bet i'm still in my 12 month contract i phoned up to upgrade from tv m+ to xl on monday and i was given 120mbs broadband (100mb atm as not upgraded my area yet) , xl tv , weekend calls for £51p/m for 6 months then £60p/m afterwards.
    All i did was simply ask if there were any offers on xl tv at the moment.
  • Options
    bri160356bri160356 Posts: 5,147
    Forum Member
    .should I stick with sky and pay extra for bt sports .

Thank you .

Hi, by the looks of it you have Sky multi-room; are you aware that the BT Sports HD option on SKY+HD (£15 setup and £15/month) is NOT a multi-room package. It cannot be viewed on both your boxes like all your other Sky broadcasts.
    I only discovered that yesterday when I was actually ordering my package from BT Sports; my interest waned at that point.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bri160356 wrote: »
    Hi, by the looks of it you have Sky multi-room; are you aware that the BT Sports HD option on SKY+HD (£15 setup and £15/month) is NOT a multi-room package. It cannot be viewed on both your boxes like all your other Sky broadcasts.
    I only discovered that yesterday when I was actually ordering my package from BT Sports; my interest waned at that point.

No I was not aware of that .Thank you
  • Options
    tvmad-alantvmad-alan Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All you need to ask is the price and time?
    Price you are paying for Sky Channels then add BT sports. ( SD & HD ) ?
    Price you would pay for Virgin Channels if XL then BT sports is free ( SD & HD ) ?
    Virgin Broadband Cost and Speed or BT Broadband Cost & Speed ?

Remember you can always use to old Sky dish for FreeSat for the spare room/ bedroom/ Kitchen if you wish.