Options

Weird shadows behind everything!

Skyclaw726Skyclaw726 Posts: 2,931
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hey, so just last night i noticed that every picture and bit of text from my desktop icons to videos and even my games has a horrible afterimage making everything really horrible and difficult to read. I've tried tweeking my monitor settings, nothing i've tried a system restore to before the most recent update, nothing.

http://tinypic.com/m/hvngxj/3

Not the best screenshot but click it and you should be able to see the shadows behind everything

I am using windows 7 64-bit btw.

Comments

• Options
    chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are no shadows on that that I can see. Looks perfectly normal. If you took it using the Print Screen button that suggests it's not what is being sent to the graphics system but something that the graphics chipset or display panel is doing.

You don't say whether you are using a laptop or Desktop PC. If a laptop can you plug into an external monitor? If a desktop do you have a substitute monitor you can swap out your current one? That might give a clue as to the cause.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadows? I can't see any shadows in the image in that link. It looks like it does on my laptop's screen. I can't see anything unusual with the image.
  • Options
    Skyclaw726Skyclaw726 Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't matter now it's seems to have fixed itself lol