Options

Loose Women facing a panel shake-up or getting a new format?

Comments

• Options
    KodazKodaz Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they're going to be changing the format anyway, they might want to consider renaming the show. My suggestion for the new name would be...

"Harpy Talk" :D
  • Options
    valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    ftv wrote: »
    Ironic because the first thing ITV did when they took over GMTV was to sack Frizzell. Most organisations have a rule that husband and wife can't work together in the same department....

What about Richard and Judy, Ruth and Eamonn Holmes to name just two!
  • Options
    valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    I switch off if Carol Vorderman is the presenter. I do not like her she is so bossy.
    I prefer Kaye Adams
  • Options
    belmontbabebelmontbabe Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    Jam.is so dull. The reason she says "me personally" is because she's thick and it fills 3 seconds.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have really enjoyed reading many of the posts and suggestions over the last page or two. Some really good suggestions for panellists and many of us seem to agree on which ones are not the most likeable.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jamelia love, the word you wanted was 'debilitating' not 'dilapidated'.

Please embrace your ignorance and stick to words with a maximum of three syllables.

If in doubt, STFU!

>:(
  • Options
    Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    Anybody see them all gang up on Janet just because she had the guts to admit that she had affairs with SINGLE men? I loved Janet telling Myleene what for! :D
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    cavalli wrote: »

Please embrace your ignorance and stick to words with a maximum of three syllables.

If in doubt, STFU!

I don't think she CAN shut up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sunny B wrote: »
    Anybody see them all gang up on Janet just because she had the guts to admit that she had affairs with SINGLE men? I loved Janet telling Myleene what for! :D

Not surprised she snapped today, sitting in between dumb and dumber :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think she CAN shut up.

I've got a roll of gaffer tape here that would beg to differ >:(
  • Options
    Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    Not surprised she snapped today, sitting in between dumb and dumber :D

LOL and don't forget Snow White ^_^:D Janet is a legend, saving grace of this abysmal panel today. Where's Kaye, Coleen and Nadia? :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They should get Janet to book the panellists for the show.

I doubt we'd see certain ones ever again.
  • Options
    jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a show today!

Did anyone notice the look Andrea gave when Myleene started to talk over, she clutched her hand together!

It was very interesting as Janet has spoken previously about having affairs and we had pannelists like Colleen or Carol on at the same time.

i dont think it works having both Myleene and Jamelia on the show on the same day as Janet looked far too much out of place and couldnt compete.

Janet did save todays show though
  • Options
    Stuart25Stuart25 Posts: 12,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Janet but really didn't agree with her over the affair discussion. You could tell she was uncomfortable during it because she kept trying to make the audience laugh to get them on her side.

I noticed that Andrea didn't say much during the debate, and that she didn't mention the affair she had had.
  • Options
    james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sunny B wrote: »

I think it was more the fact that Janet seemed to be proud of having an affair as did the audience and as rightly pointed out by Andrea if it was a man they would have been all over him also why didn't she have the guts to break up her relationship first
  • Options
    HowardessexHowardessex Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If in doubt, STFU!

After her stupid comments about being British , or not British, i wish Jamelia would pack her bags and go to the oh so wonderful Jamaica if she thinks it is so great there . Her singing career finished years ago and she would be even less welcome any where else .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    After her stupid comments about being British , or not British, i wish Jamelia would pack her bags and go to the oh so wonderful Jamaica if she thinks it is so great there . Her singing career finished years ago and she would be even less welcome any where else .

which begs the question why she is deemed enough of a celebrity to be on an ITV1 show??

Her name as a singer is vaguely familiar to me, but I can't think of any song she had a success with.

As much as I dislike Myleene, I remember she was in a tv show to create a pop group and is trained pianist who has enjoyed some success on the 'concert' circuit..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've emailed ITV with some comments about who I don't like and who I do like.

No idea if they just bin such emails or if they do actually read them and discuss them in meetings, but if you don't tell them what - as a viewer - you like and dislike, they'll never know.

Worth a try?

[ok ok maybe I have too much time on my hands today]
    :D
  • Options
    Calamity-joCalamity-jo Posts: 794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    which begs the question why she is deemed enough of a celebrity to be on an ITV1 show??

Her name as a singer is vaguely familiar to me, but I can't think of any song she had a success with.

As much as I dislike Myleene, I remember she was in a tv show to create a pop group and is trained pianist who has enjoyed some success on the 'concert' circuit..

I don't know her that well either, but when ITV hold up the likes of Amy Childs and Joey Essex (a pair of idiots with no talent whatsoever) as celebrities then there really is no hope!
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stuart25 wrote: »
    I love Janet but really didn't agree with her over the affair discussion. You could tell she was uncomfortable during it because she kept trying to make the audience laugh to get them on her side.

I noticed that Andrea didn't say much during the debate, and that she didn't mention the affair she had had.

It was uncomfortable, not least because two of the panellists had been cheated on by their partners. Also, the reaction of the audience was just bizarre. I wonder if they'd have been laughing if a man was sitting there bragging about having affairs?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't know her that well either, but when ITV hold up the likes of Amy Childs and Joey Essex (a pair of idiots with no talent whatsoever) as celebrities then there really is no hope!

I had a look - and I do remember this!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPQ_PnRPOXw

and why doesn't she just stick to this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtKPMo-kDds

but both of you

GET OFF MY TELLY.
  • Options
    Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've emailed ITV with some comments about who I don't like and who I do like.

No idea if they just bin such emails or if they do actually read them and discuss them in meetings, but if you don't tell them what - as a viewer - you like and dislike, they'll never know.

Worth a try?

[ok ok maybe I have too much time on my hands today]
    :D

Definitely. I'm sure they take note of any audience feedback particularly if its constructive criticism and especially if enough people are saying the same things. I doubt if it'd have much immediate effect but in the long term, could be a different story when it comes to whether they offer certain panellists new contracts or not.

Mylene's awful but Jamelia is totally the worst at present. Half the time she struggles to put a sentence together ("well, its...er, um, the thing is...well, me personally, er.") and even when she does manage too its often ill thought out and somewhat irrelevant to whatever they're actually discussing.
  • Options
    Poppy99Poppy99 Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    Torch81 wrote: »
    Definitely. I'm sure they take note of any audience feedback particularly if its constructive criticism and especially if enough people are saying the same things. I doubt if it'd have much immediate effect but in the long term, could be a different story when it comes to whether they offer certain panellists new contracts or not.

Mylene's awful but Jamelia is totally the worst at present. Half the time she struggles to put a sentence together ("well, its...er, um, the thing is...well, me personally, er.") and even when she does manage too its often ill thought out and somewhat irrelevant to whatever they're actually discussing.

J also starts each sentence with "I mean". I saw an interview with Victoria B on Ellen Degeneres show. She did the same thing. Every single sentence started I mean. It was embarrassing, on an American show speaking English but the Americans had the edge on grammar etc. I actually think that J and VB are more intelligent than they come across but they have not had much in the way of education which stops them from articulating the points they want to make. Alesha D is the same. When she was on SCD her grammar was also off, but again she is not thick.

Hopefully Kaye, Nadia and Jane will be back soon. Perhaps they are just having Easter off.
  • Options
    BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol they all hate each other !!
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    Poppy99 wrote: »
    J also starts each sentence with "I mean". I saw an interview with Victoria B on Ellen Degeneres show. She did the same thing. Every single sentence started I mean. It was embarrassing, on an American show speaking English but the Americans had the edge on grammar etc. I actually think that J and VB are more intelligent than they come across but they have not had much in the way of education which stops them from articulating the points they want to make. Alesha D is the same. When she was on SCD her grammar was also off, but again she is not thick.

Hopefully Kaye, Nadia and Jane will be back soon. Perhaps they are just having Easter off.

As much as I'm enjoying the guest panelists and Linda appearing much more, I am missing Kaye, Nadia, Jane and Coleen