Options

EE- Casting the Coker Family (Poss Spoilers)

ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,304
Forum Member
Well we know that the Funeral Parlour is called Coker & Sons, so who would you cast as the sons of Les and Pam.

My choices, Shaun Dingwell and Chris Simmons. Both of them are good actors (for television) and I think they could easily pass as the children of Les and Pam. Chris in particular seems like he could definitely be a child of Pam's as I think they look alike.

Yes Chris has been in Eastenders before, but only briefly so there is nothing stopping him from joining in a more permanent basis.

So who would you choose?

Comments

• Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shaun Dingwall was in the only fools prequel with Kellie Bright but out of the two probably Chris Simmons.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just had to look up Chris Simmons...I remember Shaun Dingwall from Rock & Chips (as Harlowe says). Both seem like great choices.
  • Options
    Rick_PoppaRick_Poppa Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dick N Dom!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rick_Poppa wrote: »
    Dick N Dom!!!

Dik N Dom in the Funeral Home....for when a generation of kids grow up with cynical mindsets.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    maurice45 wrote: »
    Dik N Dom in the Funeral Home....for when a generation of kids grow up with cynical mindsets.

:D:D:D:D

Does no one have any real suggestions? :(
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouid like to see Ben Richards as one of their Sons.
  • Options
    Heathyheath_Heathyheath_ Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looked them both up just for you Scrabbler and I think that Chris Simmons would be the more fitting choice, especially since he already has experience from being on Eastenders before, I actually remember him a bit from his first appearance and being quite impressed. I hope that introducing a son is the next step for the Coker family because it'd help integrate them even more into the square which is good because I must say I'm loving Les and Pam right now!
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love Chris Simmons - he's an amazing actor. He was so brilliant as Micky in The Bill. He had long hair when he played Kat's guy so if he had it short, no one would know :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Looked them both up just for you Scrabbler and I think that Chris Simmons would be the more fitting choice, especially since he already has experience from being on Eastenders before, I actually remember him a bit from his first appearance and being quite impressed. I hope that introducing a son is the next step for the Coker family because it'd help integrate them even more into the square which is good because I must say I'm loving Les and Pam right now!

Awww thanks! :D

Welcome to the board btw.

Yes I'm loving Pam and Les too, building a family around them seems the next logical step in my view.
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jonathan Bailey off of Campus, Broadchurch, W1A. Could either play his age as a grandson, or perhaps the Cokers son if he played up to about 30.
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Get Lisa Geoghan (Polly Page from The Bill) to play Pam's sister!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JamieHT wrote: »
    Get Lisa Geoghan (Polly Page from The Bill) to play Pam's sister!!!

Hasn't Lisa retired from acting though?
  • Options
    Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shaun Dingwell is a great shout, a brilliant actor and quite a big name for the show too. He reminded me a lot of Max Branning when he had his bald head during his stint in Doctor Who as Rose's dad. It would be fun seeing him work with Kellie Bright (Linda) again after they played husband and wife in Rock & Chips, come to think of it Kevin Wicks played his father as well.

Never liked Chris Simmons however i find him very irritating hated his character in the Bill. I dont want to see him back in EE ever again.
  • Options
    marius1marius1 Posts: 5,529
    Forum Member
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    I love Chris Simmons - he's an amazing actor. He was so brilliant as Micky in The Bill. He had long hair when he played Kat's guy so if he had it short, no one would know :D

u r preaching to the converted here sez! how r u BTW? love chris from his days in the bill and would love to c him back in EE all regular like
  • Options
    Beale_FowlerBeale_Fowler Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Well we know that the Funeral Parlour is called Coker & Sons, so who would you cast as the sons of Les and Pam.

My choices, Shaun Dingwell and Chris Simmons. Both of them are good actors (for television) and I think they could easily pass as the children of Les and Pam. Chris in particular seems like he could definitely be a child of Pam's as I think they look alike.

Yes Chris has been in Eastenders before, but only briefly so there is nothing stopping him from joining in a more permanent basis.

So who would you choose?
    Dingwall is a good shout! Nick Moran maybe?
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Hasn't Lisa retired from acting though?

I don't know whether she retired officially or whether she is looking after her child(ren). If she has retired then good for her, but if she's just taking a break then a regular job like Eastenders would hopefully be a good one to tempt her back!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JamieHT wrote: »
    I don't know whether she retired officially or whether she is looking after her child(ren). If she has retired then good for her, but if she's just taking a break then a regular job like Eastenders would hopefully be a good one to tempt her back!

Well it has been ten years since she's done tv work so I'd say she probably has officialy retired from acting. I did love Polly, she was such a great character,
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    Couldn't Coker and Sons be referring to Les being the son and taking over from his dad? I'd like to see them expand the Coker family though.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two unknowns
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    so is Les the same guy who is with this Charlie character and Nick's death or undeath ..he is a bit dodgy then :o
  • Options
    ameewameew Posts: 2,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing the grandson Paul could be cast soon as he was mentioned on Friday