Sweat the Small Stuff- BBC3 Tuesday 10pm

jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I am really looking forward to this new panel show with Rickie and Melvin from Kiss Breakfast and Grimmy from Radio1.

Will anyone else be watching?

I interviewed them for my radio show to find out more http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Xmky97EGUY

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nope. u can always tell when something on bbcthree is gonna be bad....they never stfu about it, wks & wks of pointless promotion it has even taken over the logo @ start of other programes. so NO i wont be tuning in. oh also cant stand grimeshaw.
  • swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll give it a try and see how it goes.

I probably would hate it, though.
  • kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nope. u can always tell when something on bbcthree is gonna be bad....they never stfu about it, wks & wks of pointless promotion it has even taken over the logo @ start of other programes. so NO i wont be tuning in. oh also cant stand grimeshaw.

same here glad I aint watching, I only watch BBC 3 for Family Guy/American Dad and Russell Howard but this programme for Nick Grimshaw was way overkill, remind me again who is he?? I know he does Radio 1 thats it, and that BBC 3 seem to put him on anything, what was the previous ad that was on there oh yeah for his "clique" ... that was more embarassing to see on there! ... Dear BBC please get rid of this annoyance of a man!
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,542
    Forum Member
    Is there nothing Holly will not be in :yawn:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    awful presenter.:mad:.. His ego is writing cheques his talent can't cash. Sick and tired of hearing about him (i'm not watching , I thought I would just have a moan:D)
  • shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    Terrible title for a series - doesn't mean anything.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    One of the biggest pile of sh?t on tv today...and canned laughter for a supposedly up and coming dj/presenter yeah right
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    shanders wrote: »
    Terrible title for a series - doesn't mean anything.
    I thought the phrase was "Don't sweat the small stuff". Never heard it used without the "Don't".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    I personally really enjoyed it, and reckon it will only get better in time when they get more into the flow of it.

Also if you don't like Grimmy, and didn't even watch it what's the point of coming in here? :rolleyes:
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I thought the phrase was "Don't sweat the small stuff". Never heard it used without the "Don't".

I've never heard the expression full stop, I presumed it was what 12 year olds were saying in the playground these days.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed it. Good show but not as good as Celebrity Juice. Will take a few weeks to be itself in and come out of its shell.

Odd choice having the Kiss FM breakfast DJs as the team captains, but I think it worked.

I think bits were a little rushed (or they tried to cram too much into 30 minutes). I will watch the extended repeat on Sunday and see what bits they add.

Overall, I enjoyed it and will be watching again next week. :)
  • jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rickie and Melvin were signed up first and Grimmy came in later.
    I really enjoyed it, I laughed a lot and its good that they are relating it to us with snapchat etc..

It did feel that some rounds were rushed similar to Would I Lie to you.

I think Grimmy spent a little bit too long on himself rather then letting the panels speak to eachother and interact.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why are radio deejays not just radio deejays anymore, pick one, TV or radio don;t do both
  • OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Holly Willoughby has exactly the same voice (but a different accent) as Jenna Louise Coleman.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »

That's correct. However, since the show is all talk about what people get worked up about...or something...the 'don't' is omitted as to say "do sweat the small stuff"!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed it! The half hour really whizzed by :D

There's an extended edit of it on on Sunday so it'll be interesting to see the extra bits. I know from a couple of people at the filming that they cut out a lot (including a whole extra round). I'm going to see the next episode being filmed on Friday and I can't wait!
  • trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Typical of the patronising attitude the BBC has to youth these days. Incapable of appreciating anything but braindead drivel like this, or anyone using the language properly - even BBC 3 continuity announcers are incapable of speaking proper English.

Why they feel the need to promote a commercial radio rival I cannot think. Utterly beyond comprehension.
  • ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was pretty naff.

Didn't laugh at all, really not worth the two weeks of hype.

I feel sorry for the continuity announcers who have had to write the words "sweating it" into every junction. The other day I heard "Stan is Sweating It in American Dad".

Unfortunately commissioned for 2 series before they even recorded the first episode
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As somebody else said, whenever there's mass advertising on BBC3 for a new show you can be all but guaranteed it's naff.

To be honest it baffles me that they can get it so wrong. Everyone in this thread could create a superior and funnier show if given the chance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nick Grimshaw needs to disappear back into obscurity. He hasn't got far to travel.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I caught some of this and it's really not for me. Even as panel shows go it was streching the discussion and comedy.

It's full of youf DJs, boy/girl band meners and ITV presenters.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    Saw this for the first time last night. Not sure what it's supposed to be? Funny? Topical? Interesting? Anything?

Just seemed like random barely engaged celebs on opposing panels, sitting around listening to the host gibber endlessly about nothing, a couple of vox pops with the public. And then it ended.

I'm out.
  • fizzler333fizzler333 Posts: 2,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I caught a bit of this last week where the presenters were going out and asking members of the public to check their body odour or smell their breath.... Complete and utter childish rubbish.
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched it. Who commissioned this. I think Nick Grimshaw is a nice person but he's a terrible presenter. Not quick enough. Rochelle is not at all comedically talented and they've edited to make her look OK but she's out of her depth. Just very dull trying too hard to be funny nonsense!