Sam and his crude words about women.

Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
Forum Member
✭✭
Why was more not made of this? Some of the things he said if you actually listen and read about them are rather shocking to be honest.

Talking of flashing the gash for pie and mash, the comments towards the magician women. So many housemates would have got absolutely grilled for such comments like that.

Yet not a lot was said about it, certainly nothing on BOTS as far as I could see. I am amazed he got away with it.

Comments

• MiniMeTooMiniMeToo Posts: 17,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    seriously, BB is finished, it wasn't brought up because they wanted him to win and he did.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    Why was more not made of this? Some of the things he said if you actually listen and read about them are rather shocking to be honest.

Talking of flashing the gash for pie and mash, the comments towards the magician women. So many housemates would have got absolutely grilled for such comments like that.

Yet not a lot was said about it, certainly nothing on BOTS as far as I could see. I am amazed he got away with it.

LOL well apparently if your name was Sam or Hazel you had carte blanche to say anything you liked, however nasty, you only got pilloried if your name was Gina or Dexter ;)
  • DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I imagine of Dexter had said that there would have been utter outrage.

But Sam was seen as a typical nice young lad which pretty much excuses any negative behaviour on his part. Such is life.
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MiniMeToo wrote: »
    seriously, BB is finished, it wasn't brought up because they wanted him to win and he did.
    But that isn't fair and it is things like that which is what annoys fans about Big Brother. Sam getting away with such comments is shocking.
  • xfactorisgr8xfactorisgr8 Posts: 20,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But Sam was seen as a typical nice young lad which pretty much excuses any negative behaviour on his part. Such is life.

Dexter did say some quite bad stuff too.. mainly to jemima
  • Count ElmsleyCount Elmsley Posts: 733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Simply because not everyone thinks like you and to most it was taken as it was meant: Just silly ladish expressions.

Only some wanted to make something more of it to the point that they are STILL yapping on about it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simply because not everyone thinks like you and to most it was taken as it was meant: Just silly ladish expressions.

Only some wanted to make something more of it to the point that they are STILL yapping on about it.
    Ok, so you accept that behavior then.
  • Vicky.Vicky. Posts: 5,948
    Forum Member
    Finding it a bit hard to care now that its all over, but every year there seems to be one or two housemates who have bad behaviour covered over by BB(the most controversial obviously being freezershitgate). I always wonder why.
  • SunnydaysSunnydays Posts: 12,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If this .......nice young (23 y.o) lad......had used any of his laddish one-liners to the girls around our way........he would be left with no teeth....
  • B_JonesB_Jones Posts: 883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sam's just a lad.
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What behaviour ? what he is saying means nothing, it's not a big deal, get over it.
  • mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    free pie and mash sounds good to me
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is not a lad he is a grown man , an adult .If any of my 3 grown sons would speak like that they'd get a clip around the ear,it is low and vile.
  • JVSJVS Posts: 12,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK, so it was juvenile humour, you don't have to be a member of MENSA to appear on Big Brother - and preferably not a prude to watch it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I take it as very normal laddish things that lads say every day out in the real world and I'm not trying to stop men being men and force silly wishy washy liberal PC nonsense onto everyone.

Basically I'm not a controller trying to change what is perfectly NORMAL and USUAL.

I really thinks that some people hasn't been outside their door in decades. If they had they wouldn't even be questioning if this was quite normal or not.
  • SelenaSelena Posts: 29,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dexter himself admitted that he had the most warnings for inappropriate use of language. So why ain't people complaining that wasn't brought up? Every housemate probably said something that they shouldn't have at one point. The series is over just let it go.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member
    I can't help thinking there is something strange, and dare I say hypocritical, about anyone who takes such issue with a young, immature man saying silly and crude things with no other impact than making himself look a bit of a juvenile tit, giving utter support for an obviously older, more mature and worldly man who brims with pride when talking bout buying hard-up vulnerable student girls for sex.

Are there really people who would disown their 23 immature son for shouting 'Get your tits out' at a random girl, whilst patting their 30 year old mature son on the back for thinking buying young vulnerable girls for sex is an admirable thing?

Really?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I take it as very normal laddish things that lads say every day out in the real world and I'm not trying to stop men being men and force silly wishy washy liberal PC nonsense onto everyone.

Basically I'm not a controller trying to change what is perfectly NORMAL and USUAL.

I really thinks that some people hasn't been outside their door in decades. If they had they wouldn't even be questioning if this was quite normal or not.
    I don't like PC but most people would be up in arms about it if it was anyone else.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I can assure you it is not normal with my sons and their friends.You must mix with some low people
  • JVSJVS Posts: 12,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lue wrote: »
    I can assure you it is not normal with my sons and their friends.You must mix with some low people

How do you know???
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    B_Jones wrote: »
    Sam's just a lad.

He is not a lad , he is a grown man
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    What behaviour ? what he is saying means nothing, it's not a big deal, get over it.

Never in the field of human conflict has so much PC nonsense been abused to control others.
    Forum Member
    I don't like PC but most people would be up in arms about it if it was anyone else.

I didn't see much 'up in arms' stuff about Dex's views on buying girls for sex - rather more severe than a silly young man saying silly juvenile things in my book.

So no, I don't think there would have been.

We know from Dex's own mouth that he actually got a warning for his offensive and crude language. But we never got to see why - or the warning... So you know that straw man argument of Sam being protected by BB? Well it applies as much, if not more, to Dex.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JVS wrote: »
    How do you know???

Yes it laughable! All their parents with rose-tinted glasses who think that gave birth to angles and they remain that way until they are married in the eyes of God!

Meanwhile back in the real world; teenagers masturbate and when they go out with their friends they talk about sex non-stop. Lads big themselves up by saying laddish things.

That's how real the world works
    Forum Member
    lue wrote: »

I love it when mothers really believe that their sons' behaviour around mummy is the same as it is when they go clubbing :D