Iceland Doner Kebab pizza.

ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,010
Forum Member
✭✭
After the BBC went to such great lengths to advertise it, I thought it only fair to give it a try.
It's not bad but surprisingly bland. Probably the best way to eat a doner kebab sober.:)

Comments

• Loud and ProudLoud and Proud Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    That's possibly the grossest thing i've ever heard .....
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,849
    Forum Member

Really? Nearly every pizza place round here does a variant on it, I saw them on offer years before Iceland came out with it. It's just lamb on a pizza after all.
  • SHAFTSHAFT Posts: 4,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I concur. Sounds revolting.
  • abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    A doner kebab pizza is the really grossest thing you've ever heard?

You're going to get a fright if you spend more time on the internet.
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    slightly off-topic

I moved from Edinburgh to Sheffield a few years ago and was surprised about the difference between doner pizzas from takeaways

in Edinburgh you get a normal cheese and tomato pizza which is then basically used instead of the pita bread with the doner meat and extras piled on top whereas down here they put the doner meat onto the pizza as a topping before cooking it which I think makes the meat really dry

when I asked for one the way I was used to in Edinburgh they thought it was weird
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't sound nice, I think I'd have to be pretty desperate to ever try it.

It may be "OK" but there are so many other things I know are nice I'd just not consider buying or eating this :o