Would love to see the state of the judges

CosyaCosya Posts: 4,730
Forum Member
✭✭✭
next week if Ray doesn't win.

It would be perfect. They wouldn't be able to console themselves. ha ha ha

Ray will get straight 10's to try and help him win it. It is that that has made this series so poor

Comments

• gamestatsgamestats Posts: 510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would have loved to see Jason's face when Beth went through.
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After how ungracious they were when Beth won last year, it'd be hilarious.

Len from Strictly has the right idea when he says that there never is a wrong winner as that's the name of the show - it's voted by the public.
  • MalbrenMalbren Posts: 3,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cosya wrote: »
    next week if Ray doesn't win.

It would be perfect. They wouldn't be able to console themselves. ha ha ha

Ray will get straight 10's to try and help him win it. It is that that has made this series so poor

It would be amusing yes I agree. :D
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »

Len from Strictly has the right idea when he says that there never is a wrong winner as that's the name of the show - it's voted by the public.

Yeah I agree, I don't know why the judges are so self righteous with stating whether it's the right bottom two or not, it's voted by the public and Beth is clearly very popular whilst Sam isn't - so she definitely deserves a place in the final. I'm sure there's a fair few viewers who are more qualified to judge a skating show than Ashley and Jason anyway :p
  • fredsnailfredsnail Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually I think seeing their faces if Hayley is in third place will be just as good!
  • humpty dumptyhumpty dumpty Posts: 4,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm amazed at how many people are so occupied with the judges reactions - whether its anger at how they've reacted or pleasure at the thought of seeing them react badly...I'm sure they don't care as much as you think...they're getting paid nicely to be there and they'll move on to their next job afterwards. It seems bizarre after all the effort put in by the skaters to perform to their best to please the public, that votes and discussions are being based around how the judges are going to react and feel? I accept it can be annoying if they prefer people you don't and vice versa, but I'm looking forward to seeing good performances, will vote on whose performance I enjoyed the most, and hope to see the person who I believe is the champion skater win the thing. But I couldn't give a flying fig what the judges say about my favourite or don't say about my favourite (or indeed how they will react when the winner is announced either!)
  • xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree, I like the SCD judges so much more than the DOI ones and always have.

I still remember the judges reactions after Beth won her series, if Ray doesn't win I can see them all particularly Jason being 10x worse.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm amazed at how many people are so occupied with the judges reactions - whether its anger at how they've reacted or pleasure at the thought of seeing them react badly...I'm sure they don't care as much as you think...they're getting paid nicely to be there and they'll move on to their next job afterwards. It seems bizarre after all the effort put in by the skaters to perform to their best to please the public, that votes and discussions are being based around how the judges are going to react and feel? I accept it can be annoying if they prefer people you don't and vice versa, but I'm looking forward to seeing good performances, will vote on whose performance I enjoyed the most, and hope to see the person who I believe is the champion skater win the thing. But I couldn't give a flying fig what the judges say about my favourite or don't say about my favourite (or indeed how they will react when the winner is announced either!)

I'm not sure many/any of them will have much work lined up.
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure many/any of them will have much work lined up.

Robin & Karen will carry on coaching skating, and working on ice shows, as they always do, which is their 'proper' job

Jason will carry on choreographing dancing on various shows in the West End and Broadway, etc., which is his 'proper' job

Not sure about Ashley - but she seems to crop up in endless ITV shows so doubt she will be out of work

Don't underestimate any of them just because - presumably from your remark - you don't like them
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    kaycee wrote: »
    Robin & Karen will carry on coaching skating, and working on ice shows, as they always do, which is their 'proper' job

Jason will carry on choreographing dancing on various shows in the West End and Broadway, etc., which is his 'proper' job

Not sure about Ashley - but she seems to crop up in endless ITV shows so doubt she will be out of work

Don't underestimate any of them just because - presumably from your remark - you don't like them

When was Jason last credited for a West End or Broadway show ?
  • bloodynorabloodynora Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tissy wrote: »
    When was Jason last credited for a West End or Broadway show ?
    He used to do a fashion slot on This Morning, does he still do that?
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bloodynora wrote: »
    He used to do a fashion slot on This Morning, does he still do that?
    "Used to" - right.
  • rsefitpro07rsefitpro07 Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beth has never been truly liked by the Judges. Week after week they push Ray in the publics faces.

Ray is great, Ray this, Ray that!. He is a very good skater and very talented and no way deserving of the skate off, however the word impartiality springs to mind or lack of in the judges case.

Don't get me wrong i am 99.99% certain that Ray will win come Sunday, all i ask for as a viewer is fairness from the judging panel.

Beth gets a rough deal wether you like her or not its a proven fact!. When she won last year their was no appreciation from the judges no nothing, it was very dissapointing.

Its a miracle that shes made the final with so much going against her from the judges!.
  • tangos_with_timtangos_with_tim Posts: 752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beth has never been truly liked by the Judges. Week after week they push Ray in the publics faces.

For me it is Hayley being overly pushed by the judges. Yes they are saying how great Ray is - but it's true.

It is the blatent favouritism towards Hayley over Beth that bugs me. I know the judges did mention Hayley's lack of skating ability after her solo skate - but otherwise all we hear about is her great performance level. She gets disproportionate credit for that, while her weak skating is glossed over.

Beth on the other hand gets slated for her weaker performance (which I think was actually plain wrong last weekend, I thought she performed really well, particularly in the pairs skate), and barely a grudging mention is made of her strong skating.
  • gamestatsgamestats Posts: 510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me it is Hayley being overly pushed by the judges. Yes they are saying how great Ray is - but it's true.

It is the blatent favouritism towards Hayley over Beth that bugs me. I know the judges did mention Hayley's lack of skating ability after her solo skate - but otherwise all we hear about is her great performance level. She gets disproportionate credit for that, while her weak skating is glossed over.

Beth on the other hand gets slated for her weaker performance (which I think was actually plain wrong last weekend, I thought she performed really well, particularly in the pairs skate), and barely a grudging mention is made of her strong skating.

Spot on.
  • DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    Its a miracle that shes made the final with so much going against her from the judges!.

Or perhaps this is how they made sure she got to the final? I would suggest that TPTB knew exactly what they were doing. Fairly standard reality contest approach - we see it all the time in the X Factor, BGT and so on. I suspect that the final three are who they wanted. :p;-)
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daewos wrote: »
    Or perhaps this is how they made sure she got to the final? I would suggest that TPTB knew exactly what they were doing. Fairly standard reality contest approach - we see it all the time in the X Factor, BGT and so on. I suspect that the final three are who they wanted. :p;-)
    Remembering how they treated her last year, not only throughout the competion but also after she won I honestly don't believe that applies this time around.

Unless the judges know the voting figures - they have been taking a huge chance placing her so low on the leaderboard week after week.
    Forum Member
    Ignazio wrote: »
    Remembering how they treated her last year, not only throughout the competion but also after she won I honestly don't believe that applies this time around.

Unless the judges know the voting figures - they have been taking a huge chance placing her so low on the leaderboard week after week.

And yet she was never bottom two. Coincidence? Perhaps, but as an old(ish) cynic I find that hard to believe. How often do we read of people here on DS commenting that they have voted for X to spite the Judges/Cowell etc. That is what the producers bank on - the outraged viewer voting for some poor soul picked on by the nasty judges.
  • humpty dumptyhumpty dumpty Posts: 4,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I doubt it was a deliberate ploy, but its no miracle that she got to the final despite the judges marks and comments...those marks and comments helped her to get to the final as she got the public vote as a result. I really hope Jason isn't overly critical with Beth on Sunday, and just gives her the marks that a lot of the public want her to have. Someone should have a word in his ear about it. At least then it would reduce the amount of 'protest' and 'anti-judge' votes going in on Sunday night and hopefully the majority of people will just vote on performance
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    And yet she was never bottom two. Coincidence? Perhaps, but as an old(ish) cynic I find that hard to believe. How often do we read of people here on DS commenting that they have voted for X to spite the Judges/Cowell etc. That is what the producers bank on - the outraged viewer voting for some poor soul picked on by the nasty judges.

Judges being nasty only gets someone so far in the shows otherwise Todd etc would have made the finals.
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tissy wrote: »
    Judges being nasty only gets someone so far in the shows otherwise Todd etc would have made the finals.

Beth is a former (and most recent) champion, not a joke act.
    Forum Member
    I doubt it was a deliberate ploy, but its no miracle that she got to the final despite the judges marks and comments...those marks and comments helped her to get to the final as she got the public vote as a result. I really hope Jason isn't overly critical with Beth on Sunday, and just gives her the marks that a lot of the public want her to have. Someone should have a word in his ear about it. At least then it would reduce the amount of 'protest' and 'anti-judge' votes going in on Sunday night and hopefully the majority of people will just vote on performance

Does anyone really believe that the producers would not have instructed the judges to calm the comments down if they wanted Beth out?

I would expect the Judges will be much more polite this week to ensure that the protest vote is reduced. Unless of course they want a Beth win......:o
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    If Beth wins then I hope it's for the right reason...that she is the best on the night, As an Olympian she would be embarrassed to win because of a revenge or pity vote. She cannot be unaware of this backlash against the judges and would not enjoy a win for the wrong reason. I'm sure that there are competitors that wouldn't give a toss, but Beth doesn't strike me as one of them.

Good Luck to them all, and let the best person win. The judges don't come into it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    If Beth wins then I hope it's for the right reason...that she is the best on the night, As an Olympian she would be embarrassed to win because of a revenge or pity vote. She cannot be unaware of this backlash against the judges and would not enjoy a win for the wrong reason. I'm sure that there are competitors that wouldn't give a toss, but Beth doesn't strike me as one of them.

Good Luck to them all, and let the best person win. The judges don't come into it.

Surely that would've been true last year when the judges were clearly not in her favour?