Is the Master gay??

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
Forum Member
WTF - Missy is the Master!!?? :o
Ok fair enough, but why all the sexual tension between them? Why did the master snog the doctor like that? For some one that is supposed to be his arch enemy he/she is a bit too sexual, and seems to just want to get into bed with him.
Maybe the doctor and the Master are gay school boy lovers, who are always chasing each other across the universe?

Comments

• BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Do we know that The Master was male to begin with......?
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    I don't think Time Lords and Ladies see things that way maybe they just see each other as people.

It may also help if one day your husband/wife regenerates and changers gender
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michelle Gomez will regenerate into Duncan Norvelle in the next series,
  • ea91ea91 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you'll find that makes her straight.
  • jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the Master was just messing with his head.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    Bester wrote: »

I thinkso - every thing we have ever seen of the doctor as a child, shows them as two boys. The children stairing into the time vortex were both male.

I don't think it was the master messing with the doctors head, it was rather Moffat messing with MY head - am I supposed to forget EVERYTHING I have ever seen and now accept that the Master is a raving cross-dresser that is totally ok with sucking face with his sworn enemy!
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    G_G1 wrote: »
    I don't think it was the master messing with the doctors head, it was rather Moffat messing with MY head - am I supposed to forget EVERYTHING I have ever seen and now accept that the Master is a raving cross-dresser that is totally ok with sucking face with his sworn enemy!

No, you're not supposed to forget anything. You're supposed to add something to your knowledge of the character.
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    I thinkso - every thing we have ever seen of the doctor as a child, shows them as two boys. The children stairing into the time vortex were both male.

I think we just have to accept that Time Lords would have a different way of viewing this issue than we would. If they can regenerate from male to female and vice versa then it's bound to happen, and probably frequently.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    Ok, well I add that, after seeing these episodes, the master has been turned into a psychopathic homosexual who is just angry and vengeful towards the doctor, because his sexual desires are not reciprocated! It saddens me that Moffat can only write gay characters as villains, or have them suppressed by masquerading in heterosexual norms as a way to be accepted. (i.e. Madam Vastra)
    It’s a poor show that relies on so much “filling in” by fans on forums. Anyone new to the series has a minefield of maybe’s and historical “gaps” to navigate in order to understand things. Trust me, it is not that enjoyable having to trawl through forums and websites just to try and understand what the heck is going on with the things that are happening on screen. >:(
  • CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,002
    Forum Member
    Ok, well I add that, after seeing these episodes, the master has been turned into a psychopathic homosexual who is just angry and vengeful towards the doctor, because his sexual desires are not reciprocated! It saddens me that Moffat can only write gay characters as villains, or have them suppressed by masquerading in heterosexual norms as a way to be accepted. (i.e. Madam Vastra)
    It’s a poor show that relies on so much “filling in” by fans on forums. Anyone new to the series has a minefield of maybe’s and historical “gaps” to navigate in order to understand things. Trust me, it is not that enjoyable having to trawl through forums and websites just to try and understand what the heck is going on with the things that are happening on screen. >:(

If the Master was homosexual she would be snogging Clara and not the Doctor.
    Forum Member
    If that is how you are seeing things then maybe your the one who has the problem not Moffat or the show
  • The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    5: "Did he still have a beard?"
    10: "No..weeeeellll, he did have a wife"
  • JohnnyForgetJohnnyForget Posts: 24,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Time Lords are neither gay nor straight, they are actually asexual and reproduce using a loom:-

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Loom

I thought everyone knew that. ;-)
  • Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why has the doctor been married four times then ?. First wife probably a childhood sweetheart /girl next door. Mother of his children and Susans grandmother. Second Wife Elizabeth 1st 1533-1603. Third Wife Marilyn Monroe aka Norma Jean Baker 1926-1962 married christmas 1952 even thought it wasn't a "proper" chapel. Fourth wife River Song aka Melody Pond died saving him. Wonder if there will ever be another Dr wedding ?. After 4 previous times he should know the routine and enjoy wedding cake!.
    Forum Member
    Why has the doctor been married four times then ?. First wife probably a childhood sweetheart /girl next door. Mother of his children and Susans grandmother. Second Wife Elizabeth 1st 1533-1603. Third Wife Marilyn Monroe aka Norma Jean Baker 1926-1962 married christmas 1952 even thought it wasn't a "proper" chapel. Fourth wife River Song aka Melody Pond died saving him. Wonder if there will ever be another Dr wedding ?. After 4 previous times he should know the routine and enjoy wedding cake!.

What has sexuality got to do with that I'm asexual myself and belong to a few asexual sites and a lot of asexual's do marry
  • ShevkShevk Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There isn't a word in Gallifreyan for the terms heterosexual or homosexual or asexual or bisexual.

I can totally imagine that the Master has had conflicted feelings for the Doctor across several of his incarnations, which are influenced by sexual/romantic leanings. Maybe they were lovers. Maybe the Master just had a unrequited love for the Doctor and the fact s/he wasn't get anything back drove the madness onwards. Given that the Master has had more than one gender identity in his life I think male and female terms and words such as heterosexual or gay when are irrelevant to the discussion of the character.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I mean, she's not a cross-dresser, she was wearing gendered clothes that matched her sexual identity just as she always has, but quite aside from that the Master offered Clara and the Doctor the same "welcome package" regardless of gender, and the Doctor has both "snogged Madame de Pompadour" and built himself an android boyfriend. Time Lords generally seem to default as bisexual. They know how to dance!

This is pretty much in keeping with their relationship as we've seen it. "You're a genius. You're stone cold brilliant, you are. I swear, you really are. But you could be so much more. You could be beautiful. With a mind like that, we could travel the stars. It would be my honour."
  • sqwidge1978sqwidge1978 Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the master was gay she'd have been kissing Clara not The Doctor
  • MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    how many actual timelord regenerations have we actually seen versus how many there are? i'd imagine that most timelords/ladys would prefer to stay the same gender normally as it saves on the shopping for new clothes etc, personally i consider them more like those fish that change gender depending on need so theres one male timelord left in the world so to reproduce (excluding the loom stuff) it would require a female timelord so nature will balance it out to in theory continue the species
  • human naturehuman nature Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WTF - Missy is the Master!!?? :o
    Ok fair enough, but why all the sexual tension between them? Why did the master snog the doctor like that? For some one that is supposed to be his arch enemy he/she is a bit too sexual, and seems to just want to get into bed with him.
    Maybe the doctor and the Master are gay school boy lovers, who are always chasing each other across the universe?
    Are you completely ignorant about sexuality? The Master regenerated into a woman and she is therefore female now. Kissing a man does not make her gay.
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bester wrote: »

Yes because in Sound of Drums a young boy who was a juvenile Master was seen looking into the Vortex.
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    A couple of the reviews and reaction videos to Dark Water and Death in Heaven were very telling... to the point I lost any interest in these peoples views on...well, anything really.

They got very defensive when Missy kissed The Doctor, particularly in hindsight when the Master reveal had happened. But they came across as let down when they didn't get to see some Missy and Clara action. *insert roll eyes smiley*

They have an issue with Missy kissing The Doctor - a man kissing a woman, or a man kissing a man, whichever way their mind has decided to look at it. But a woman kissing a woman is still okay. It's shocking how insecure some people still get over things like this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A couple of the reviews and reaction videos to Dark Water and Death in Heaven were very telling... to the point I lost any interest in these peoples views on...well, anything really.

They got very defensive when Missy kissed The Doctor, particularly in hindsight when the Master reveal had happened. But they came across as let down when they didn't get to see some Missy and Clara action. *insert roll eyes smiley*

They have an issue with Missy kissing The Doctor - a man kissing a woman, or a man kissing a man, whichever way their mind has decided to look at it. But a woman kissing a woman is still okay. It's shocking how insecure some people still get over things like this.

This.

For a show about a being who can traverse the universe, it sure attracts a very conservative cadre of fans, at times.

SF - looking to the future, Fandom - looking to the past.
  • MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    Yes because in Sound of Drums a young boy who was a juvenile Master was seen looking into the Vortex.

but how many masters have we seen versus how many regenerations? he could of regenerated into who knows what over the years so i'd say it as theres probably a greater chance of regeneration as the same sex but the master wanted to really be able to hide so perhaps influenced a regeneration enough to turn into missy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All the Time Lords are gay.

They love it.