Options

Big Bang Reset

DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,931
Forum Member
So do I take it from Death in Heaven that Army of Ghosts/Doomsday no longer happened? But the Cybermen Invasion in the, err, Invasion, did still happen?

And the events the Sound of Drums/Last of the Timelords still happened because UNIT have them on file?

Or perhaps trying to make sense of the overall continuity in Doctor Who is too much like hard work? :)

Comments

• Options
    Old Man 43Old Man 43 Posts: 6,214
    Forum Member
    DiscoP wrote: »
    So do I take it from Death in Heaven that Army of Ghosts/Doomsday no longer happened? But the Cybermen Invasion in the, err, Invasion, did still happen?

And the events the Sound of Drums/Last of the Timelords still happened because UNIT have them on file?

Or perhaps trying to make sense of the overall continuity in Doctor Who is too much like hard work? :)

I am not sure you can say that.

It was the news report on the television in the funeral home that referred to previous Cybermen encounters.

So it is perfectly possible that Army of Ghosts/Doomsday still happened.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    On this I suppose you could argue why kids ect are no longer in wonder over the TARDIS for the past 11 years they have had a invasion every year or so so all the time they can remember they have had invasions and the fact aliens are real in common knowledge.
  • Options
    DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,931
    Forum Member
    Old Man 43 wrote: »
    I am not sure you can say that.

It was the news report on the television in the funeral home that referred to previous Cybermen encounters.

So it is perfectly possible that Army of Ghosts/Doomsday still happened.

Ah OK I think I was mainly surprised that people in the streets didn't seem to be particularly scared of the Cybermen and were taking selfies with them etc

Also I thought that people no longer remembered Daleks (or at least Amy didn't) and they were involved in Doomsday as well.

Or I am probably just confusing myself :)
  • Options
    inspector drakeinspector drake Posts: 910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Moffat didn't want to dwell on it, so judging by the news reports, he allowed for both possibilities.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DiscoP wrote: »
    Ah OK I think I was mainly surprised that people in the streets didn't seem to be particularly scared of the Cybermen and were taking selfies with them etc

They were undercover UNIT Troops.