Laura's views on the final 5 in the Sunday Post

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 958
Forum Member
✭✭
She seems to like Adam the most.

She thinks Tom is cocky, Ricky is secretly insecure, Nick would've been fired if he'd been in the BR three and Jade auditioned for the Apprentice seven times so she "knows how to play the game".

https://twitter.com/laura_reece/status/206782745186287616/photo/1/large

Comments

• meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    Seems to have the hidden sentiment 'why are they there and not me?'
    I imagine even the light praise is done through gritted teeth.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    If you check back, at least during this seasons, on declarations made by those who got fired about those who are left, they always seem to reflect exactly what the edits want us to believe at that given moment (justly or not). I mean seriously, when have these declaration NOT reinforced what (we thought) we already knew?

I might be wrong with that but it's come to a point where I wonder how much they are not basically told what to say.....:rolleyes:
  • allafixallafix Posts: 20,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aria28 wrote: »
    If you check back, at least during this seasons, on declarations made by those who got fired about those who are left, they always seem to reflect exactly what the edits want us to believe at that given moment (justly or not). I mean seriously, when have these declaration NOT reinforced what (we thought) we already knew?

I might be wrong with that but it's come to a point where I wonder how much they are not basically told what to say.....:rolleyes:
    On the other hand, perhaps the edit is actually quite close to the truth. Unthinkable as this may seem, the idea that the ex-apprentices' every public utterance is scripted is even less likely.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I mean seriously, when have these declaration NOT reinforced what (we thought) we already knew?

Well, I never thought that Ricky was secretly insecure, that Nick would've been fired earlier or that Jade was a desperate Apprentice wannabe. :p

Interestingly, Jade says that she only auditioned three (!) times for The Apprentice. This would mean that she started auditioning in Stella's year when the prize was a job.
    Since Jade is still an employee, I wonder how serious her business plan really is.
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,618
    Forum Member

I think why are those 5 there is a pretty appropriate sentiment this year?
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,618
    Forum Member

The details are very different. The show has no interest in pointing out that no one is looking a very good winner - which is what she has done with a fair summing up . The editing has been more positive on Nick and Ricky and Tom (their problems have been left pretty implicit) and the RT piece by Karen and Nick was more positive on Jade and Adam. The editing has left open the conclusion that Adam is thick - and the RT summary more or less said that - but Laura denies that.
  • tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The details are very different. The show has no interest in pointing out that no one is looking a very good winner - which is what she has done with a fair summing up . The editing has been more positive on Nick and Ricky and Tom (their problems have been left pretty implicit) and the RT piece by Karen and Nick was more positive on Jade and Adam. The editing has left open the conclusion that Adam is thick - and the RT summary more or less said that - but Laura denies that.

I don't think Adam is thick - maybe somewhat narrow minded and less used to the "finer things of life" - but on the other hand, Laura only worked with Adam once, on her final task. And that task was one that could have been (and possibly was) designed specifically for him. I don't think Laura's views on either Ricky or Nick are particularly negative. She makes a couple of fair points; Ricky hasn't done anything outstanding (this was before he made his "sterling" (sorry) effort in the deals task) but talks well and uses his memory to cut others down and play himself up and that Nick might have had difficulty fighting his corner in the boardroom so had he been there things could have been different. She's less positive about Tom and Jade but that could be personal opinion.
  • carnivalistcarnivalist Posts: 4,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allafix wrote: »
    On the other hand, perhaps the edit is actually quite close to the truth. Unthinkable as this may seem, the idea that the ex-apprentices' every public utterance is scripted is even less likely.

You're confusing biased editing with candidates being directed - i.e told to say particular things and behave in particular ways. The two things are different - one is a crime of omission; the other is a crime of addition.
  • allafixallafix Posts: 20,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're confusing biased editing with candidates being directed - i.e told to say particular things and behave in particular ways. The two things are different - one is a crime of omission; the other is a crime of addition.
    No, you misunderstand my point completely. Aria28 said fired candidates had to say things which reflected the story portrayed in the edit. I said perhaps there was no need for such a script because the edit was reasonably fair.
  • M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    frally wrote: »
    She seems to like Adam the most.

She thinks Tom is cocky, Ricky is secretly insecure, Nick would've been fired if he'd been in the BR three and Jade auditioned for the Apprentice seven times so she "knows how to play the game".

https://twitter.com/laura_reece/status/206782745186287616/photo/1/large

Jade auditioned 7 times. Utterly pathetic.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    M@nterik wrote: »

Or maybe just keen?
  • Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes
    I think why are those 5 there is a pretty appropriate sentiment this year?

and yes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    M@nterik wrote: »

According to Adam, he got on the show the first time he applied and he only applied when the prize was to be LS's business partner.
    He said Jade was just a "superfan" because she started applying when the prize was a job. :D