TV Ads For Next Season

donna255donna255 Posts: 10,167
Forum Member
✭✭
yes, this morning in an ad break stopped a ad for The Voice UK. Auditions starting May.

Comments

• spikewomanspikewoman Posts: 12,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Given we are already in May this is the preselection auditions I take it? Would be nice to know what kind of acts they're going for as this might give us a clue to what kind of coaches they're looking for. Oh to be a fly on that wall :)
  • JohnStannardJohnStannard Posts: 7,649
    Forum Member
    spikewoman wrote: »
    Given we are already in May this is the preselection auditions I take it? Would be nice to know what kind of acts they're going for as this might give us a clue to what kind of coaches they're looking for. Oh to be a fly on that wall :)

definatly
    Forum Member
    wouldn't it be embarrassing if ITV spent loads of money did loads of advertising and promoting the show and it didn't get the figures?
    Forum Member
    viewing figures I mean when the series returns after Christmas?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think this genre (this, X Factor and similar) is past its peak now and viewing figures will never attain the heights they once did.

The Voice didn't hit our screens until too late to capture the public imagination and only did ok briefly because of the spinning chairs and Sir Tom but that novelty quickly wore off.
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is a closed audition at a NW university for their students only on Wednesday...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you think they audition a load of people but don't do anything more about it until they know who the coaches are then select who goes through to the spinny chair bit because they know the coaches strengths and genres at that time?
  • Rachel_HarrisonRachel_Harrison Posts: 1,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think they audition a load of people but don't do anything more about it until they know who the coaches are then select who goes through to the spinny chair bit because they know the coaches strengths and genres at that time?

If that were the case, why did S5 have several classical crossover and country singers that were acknowledged as good singers, but no one would turn for? Either they were meant for Tom and his dismissal came too late to change the make-up of the audition pool or they were simply thrown in for diversity.
  • mseven1mseven1 Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wouldn't it be embarrassing if ITV spent loads of money did loads of advertising and promoting the show and it didn't get the figures?

It wouldn't matter, as the producer and distributor of the show ITV having the programme in the UK would mean they can sell it better, they could put it on a low ratings channel like ITV Be and it will still be better for them because they can say it's shown in the UK which is a good selling point for the programme format and to sell the UK series for worldwide channels who can't afford to make their own version or want to show the UK version.

These auditions would be with the researchers who choose the more interesting hopefuls for to go through to the audition stages of the show. It would probably not be that interesting as they would be researchers and a producer with a camcorder recording the audition
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mseven1 wrote: »
    These auditions would be with the researchers who choose the more interesting hopefuls for to go through to the audition stages of the show. It would probably not be that interesting as they would be researchers and a producer with a camcorder recording the audition

Yes I realise how it would work in that practical sense but I'd be interested to know which genres of auditionees they decided to select for the show proper.

I strongly suspect that a lot of good quality voices would be rejected at this stage simply because they are not singing in a style "suitable" for the show or the mentors. Nobody at the point of audition is going to be given an immediate yes or no there and then and I'd like to bet that ironically many will be selected to go through based on what they look like or their back story. Are they going to sit on a mass of audition "tapes" and wait until the coaches are appointed before they select? I'd like to be a fly on the wall of the preselection panel and listen to their criteria is more what I meant.
  • Renegade MasterRenegade Master Posts: 913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Season?
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Season?

I thought we were talking about ads about summer
  • mseven1mseven1 Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I realise how it would work in that practical sense but I'd be interested to know which genres of auditionees they decided to select for the show proper.

I strongly suspect that a lot of good quality voices would be rejected at this stage simply because they are not singing in a style "suitable" for the show or the mentors. Nobody at the point of audition is going to be given an immediate yes or no there and then and I'd like to bet that ironically many will be selected to go through based on what they look like or their back story. Are they going to sit on a mass of audition "tapes" and wait until the coaches are appointed before they select? I'd like to be a fly on the wall of the preselection panel and listen to their criteria is more what I meant.

Some of the contestants would be found by the researchers and from talent agents who applied for their clients.

The judges have different styles so they wouldn't just reject them all for the style and it can be interesting if there is an unlikely match with a judge. They would also want to have people good at singing that won't be chosen as it makes people talk about them as well as people who previously had pop careers.

The audition tapes would probably be archived and never watched unless they are undecided and want to watch the contestants previous auditions or they want to show the footage in the final