Options

What is WRONG with Justin Bieber's fans?

2»

Comments

• Options
    zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Buffy Anne wrote: »
    I had no idea 1D did that. I'm not a fan of them by any stretch but they are promoted as being nice young guys. Obviously those of us older and wiser than their average fan will know they are normal adult lads and are no doubt getting up to God knows what behind the scenes, but to openly encourage hate campaigns on Twitter isn't something I'd have thought their PR would want them to do.

Ridiculous behaviour on their part, however young they are.

Exactly. Young or not, it was highly rude that one of them called the Wanted guy chlamydia boy or insulting Boy George calling him Georgie boy and mocking his style of clothing.

Same goes to Bieber's comment to the Black Keys drummer "he needs to be slapped around".

Because they aren't even that young - 18-19 is not that young... they all act like 12 year olds.

I highly doubt their PR are encouraging this kind of behavior because they look like immature little brats...
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    konebyvax wrote: »
    Give your predominantly young fanbase a collective name and it will inavriably lead to trouble. But as long as this 'young army' multi buy singles/albums and go to overpriced concerts they are hardly going to get a ticking a ticking off from their hero/heroine, are they?

This is it in a nutshell, I think.
  • Options
    BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    Those Beliebers are crazy. It seems if you say even one thing that could be slightly negative about Bieber they all go mad. Whatever happened to freedom of speech?? Are you only supposed to say positive things about the likes of 1D/Bieber on Twitter even if you don't like them?

This! But of course a lot of them are too young to understand the world we live in. I remember somebody on Twitter voiced their disapproval of 1D at the Brits and a fan told them to go and "**** themselves...1D revolutionized boybands" apparently :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But it's something specifically about those fans that like to tell people they should die. Anytime I see Jessie J's fans giving someone with a negative comment abuse, it's never go kill yourself. All I have ever seen is them stating all the good things she has done and telling whoever it is to grow up. They just get really dramatic with the whole 'this is my idol, she is talented, I can't believe you would say such thngs' and yaddah yaddah. Same goes for that Pink fans and pretty much anyone who isn't a massive fan of Bieber, GaGa, 1D, or Chris Brown. Rihanna fans just use "badgyal" slang and like to curse a lot, but it's never to the extent of go kill yourself. It's easy to say a kid on the Internet telling you to kill yourself because of your opinion isn't a big deal, but hundreds and thousands is a bit much especially when they say things like I hope your kids die and all that craziness.

Before any butthurt people say stop generalizing, I know it isn't every single fan and I know not all of them are psychos.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sjp07 wrote: »
    But it's something specifically about those fans that like to tell people they should die. Anytime I see Jessie J's fans giving someone with a negative comment abuse, it's never go kill yourself. All I have ever seen is them stating all the good things she has done and telling whoever it is to grow up. They just get really dramatic with the whole 'this is my idol, she is talented, I can't believe you would say such thngs' and yaddah yaddah. Same goes for that Pink fans and pretty much anyone who isn't a massive fan of Bieber, GaGa, 1D, or Chris Brown. Rihanna fans just use "badgyal" slang and like to curse a lot, but it's never to the extent of go kill yourself. It's easy to say a kid on the Internet telling you to kill yourself because of your opinion isn't a big deal, but hundreds and thousands is a bit much especially when they say things like I hope your kids die and all that craziness.

Before any butthurt people say stop generalizing, I know it isn't every single fan and I know not all of them are psychos.
    I should add Beyonce to that list. I had no idea a bunch of her fans had been harassing Keri Hilson since 09. Today she had enough.
    http://www.crunktastical.net/2013/03/05/tweets-watching-beyhive-responds-keri-hilsons-moment-clarity/
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I should add Beyonce to that list. I had no idea a bunch of her fans had been harassing Keri Hilson since 09. Today she had enough.
    http://www.crunktastical.net/2013/03/05/tweets-watching-beyhive-responds-keri-hilsons-moment-clarity/

oh dear, it must be hard to have that verbal abuse all the time. people like keri need twitter for promotional purposes, so i guess she had to grin and bare it, until today when she finally snapped. unfortunately, instances like that seem to be the price of fame these days. if you say or do one thing that is perceived as negative towards another artist, then you get the other artist`s legions of fans sending you hateful messages.:rolleyes:

no list could be fully exhaustive, loads of fan bases have over protective fans that jump onto twitter at a first sign of a negative comment. some fans actually draw more attention to negative comments, because half the time we only discover the original comment after the fan backlash is reported in the press.:rolleyes: its incredibly sad really, these people need to get prospective.
  • Options
    Buffy AnneBuffy Anne Posts: 133
    Forum Member

I don't know who this artist is but I feel awful for her. You can tell just from the tone of her message that it's all really got to her.

I like Twitter as a silly tool to while away the hours and keep up with celebs I like but too many people take it too seriously and use it to cause actual emotional harm to strangers they don't even know. Twitter desperately needs much, much tougher moderation but how they would begin to do that on such a busy site I don't know.
  • Options
    LeightonismeLeightonisme Posts: 232
    Forum Member
    Everything.
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    zeze88 wrote: »
    Exactly. Young or not, it was highly rude that one of them called the Wanted guy chlamydia boy or insulting Boy George calling him Georgie boy and mocking his style of clothing.

Same goes to Bieber's comment to the Black Keys drummer "he needs to be slapped around".

Because they aren't even that young - 18-19 is not that young... they all act like 12 year olds.

I highly doubt their PR are encouraging this kind of behavior because they look like immature little brats...

They were kidding with Piers, both parties knew that, Just look at all the banter between Piers and Alan Sugar. Piers Morgan likes to wind people up, and he also likes to get it thrown back at him.

Ok Zayns comment to Max really wasn't the best of ideas, but after The Wanted slagged off 1D constantly for months, surely they were pushing it.

And don't forget when the wanted fans trended for Directioners to kill themselves, and "punch a directioner day"

And if you read the whole story about Boy George you'd see that it was all from something he said, not them.

Can I say that not all fans of Justin are like that, I've been a fan of Justin for a while now, and I would never ever ever tell someone to kill themselves if they got a retweet from Justin, instead I would go and congratulate them, as I did with Courtney. I have since tweeted the people in the article and stuck up for her.

I'm just praying that JCats stay as far away from confrontation ad possible
  • Options
    Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    pothuthic wrote: »
    They were kidding with Piers, both parties knew that, Just look at all the banter between Piers and Alan Sugar. Piers Morgan likes to wind people up, and he also likes to get it thrown back at him.

Ok Zayns comment to Max really wasn't the best of ideas, but after The Wanted slagged off 1D constantly for months, surely they were pushing it.

And don't forget when the wanted fans trended for Directioners to kill themselves, and "punch a directioner day"

And if you read the whole story about Boy George you'd see that it was all from something he said, not them.

Can I say that not all fans of Justin are like that, I've been a fan of Justin for a while now, and I would never ever ever tell someone to kill themselves if they got a retweet from Justin, instead I would go and congratulate them, as I did with Courtney. I have since tweeted the people in the article and stuck up for her.

I'm just praying that JCats stay as far away from confrontation ad possible

Nice to meet a fan who's actually on the level.

Would you not agree though, that the way in which Justin Bieber addresses his fans under an umbrella name and picks certain ones out to highlight amongst this group is part of what causes this riot mentality? If you try to make everyone feel special, some will inevitably feel more or less special than the rest and lash out. It would be far more sensible if he just thanked his fans in a more generic way and didn't address them directly, because he's created an intense relationship with them that isn't healthy.

Because the thing is, I take it from what you've said that you avoid that kind of thing, and you've turned out fine.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    This! But of course a lot of them are too young to understand the world we live in. I remember somebody on Twitter voiced their disapproval of 1D at the Brits and a fan told them to go and "**** themselves...1D revolutionized boybands" apparently :D

If you ask me, that fan sounds a bit nuts. How did 1D revolutionize boybands? They didn't revolutionize anything, they're just a bunch of "pretty boys" with very little talent and nothing unique or interesting about them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If you ask me, that fan sounds a bit nuts. How did 1D revolutionize boybands? They didn't revolutionize anything, they're just a bunch of "pretty boys" with very little talent and nothing unique or interesting about them.

Not to mention that the big boyband renaissance was arguably at its peak with Take That, JLS and The Wanted years before they came along. In the UK at least.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dr. Linus wrote: »
    Nice to meet a fan who's actually on the level.

Would you not agree though, that the way in which Justin Bieber addresses his fans under an umbrella name and picks certain ones out to highlight amongst this group is part of what causes this riot mentality? If you try to make everyone feel special, some will inevitably feel more or less special than the rest and lash out. It would be far more sensible if he just thanked his fans in a more generic way and didn't address them directly, because he's created an intense relationship with them that isn't healthy.

Because the thing is, I take it from what you've said that you avoid that kind of thing, and you've turned out fine.
    Thing is, I'm a fan and I will say what I truly think. If I think Justin's done something wrong then I will say so, I tweeted him after all the cut for bieber business telling him to get his arse into gear as he has young fans, and you can guarantee although it wasn't meant seriously, that at least one kid went "oh this is right" and did it. And when a young life is at risk, I do not find it funny,

I do think that he does need to stop these riots, he is entitled to speak to whoever he wants, and I'm sure he will talk to as many people as he can, I think that some beliebers need to learn that sending death threats to people is inappropriate and completely unacceptable.

I honestly, would never ever ever tell someone to kill themselves no matter what they have done, let alone get a tweet from Justin Bieber, Those people need to get a life.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thing is, I'm a fan and I will say what I truly think. If I think Justin's done something wrong then I will say so, I tweeted him after all the cut for bieber business telling him to get his arse into gear as he has young fans, and you can guarantee although it wasn't meant seriously, that at least one kid went "oh this is right" and did it. And when a young life is at risk, I do not find it funny,

I do think that he does need to stop these riots, he is entitled to speak to whoever he wants, and I'm sure he will talk to as many people as he can, I think that some beliebers need to learn that sending death threats to people is inappropriate and completely unacceptable.

I honestly, would never ever ever tell someone to kill themselves no matter what they have done, let alone get a tweet from Justin Bieber, Those people need to get a life.

Yeah, you have to account for the one or two incredibly naïve people who might take everything completely seriously. It's not uncommon either - teenagers who have Asperger's Syndrome would often have real trouble knowing when to stop, for example.

I heard about a young girl who was a fan of Gaga, and when she saw Gaga's meat dress she took it as a lesson, killed her cat and went to a Gaga gig drenched in her dead cat's blood like something out of Carrie. Even if there's only one case of that happening it's still inexcusable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, you have to account for the one or two incredibly naïve people who might take everything completely seriously. It's not uncommon either - teenagers who have Asperger's Syndrome would often have real trouble knowing when to stop, for example.

I heard about a young girl who was a fan of Gaga, and when she saw Gaga's meat dress she took it as a lesson, killed her cat and went to a Gaga gig drenched in her dead cat's blood like something out of Carrie. Even if there's only one case of that happening it's still inexcusable.

Wtf? That reminds me of the girl who stalked Jessie J, broke her own leg to be like her, then sent her the pictures.

Sometimes I don't think the artist can be blamed. Some people are just not right in the head. More often than not, though, the artist can watch what they say especially when it is about some beef they have with another artist like the Bieber-Pat Carney thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Exactly, it's really sad, you can't really blame Justin,but when his fans are so young, he does need to think

Thats disgusting. Absolutely vile. I've heard all sorts from monsters, don't mess with them :p
  • Options
    zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I know that Boy George and The Wanted started it first, but it still doesn't excuse 1D for such rude comments - especially to Boy George, he is mocking his style that actually made him famous and known. Again, I don't know how their PR is allowing this. Maybe they go with the good old "bad press is still good press", I don't know...

And I'm not defending The Wanted either, they are also rude for tweeting those things. Like I said, every singer should be more careful on what they tweet, especially when they have such young devoted fans who sometimes take things way to seriously. It seems like these days you can't say anything negative about these young stars, the fans will immediately jump on you.

And talk about insane when 1D fans attacked a girl on Twitter that had the same name as that waitress that slept with Zayn. This is not normal - cyber bulling is out of control, I'm glad there wasn't Twitter during the time I was very young. But seriously, I think parents should be pay more attention to what their kids do. And I also think that kids these days are getting more and more obsessed with certain things - 1D, Bieber, Twilight... there is no more just simply loving the artist because of the music or loving the book/movie... everything is so extreme.