Ellen DeGeneres having dog trouble

holyfreakinmolyholyfreakinmoly Posts: 201
Forum Member
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LGBVh_EDZnM

From "Newsday.com"

"Last week, the talk-show host broke down on air, dabbing her eyes as she told the story of Iggy, the Brussels Griffon mix she and partner Portia de Rossi adopted from Mutts & Moms, a rescue group in Pasadena, Calif.

Degeneres says she spent more than $3,000 on training and neutering to help the mop-haired puppy learn to get along with her cats, to no avail. Finally, she gave Iggy to her hairdresser Cheryl Marks -- whose two daughters, 11 and 12, had reportedly been longing for a pal for their dog. Problem is, Degeneres did not notify Mutts & Moms, which was a breach of the adoption contract: Like virtually every private rescue group on the planet, Mutts & Moms requires that an adoptive animal be returned to them should things not work out.
When the rescue group found out about the hand-off, they visited the hairdresser's home and "repo-ed" Iggy, because they do not adopt small dogs to households with children under 14.

The public backlash against Mutts & Moms has been so severe that rescuers Marina Baktis and Vanessa Chekroun have received death threats, and temporarily suspended their listings on petfinder.com, the popular Internet adoption portal"

What do you all think?
Its 6 of one and 1/2 a dozen of the other really. Ellen should have stuck by the rules but Isnt it better that the dog be re-homed to a loving family?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do understand there are rules to follow when you sign a contract, but I do think the rescue organization is being a little ridiculous. They won't let families with children under 14adopt dogs? I could see under 5 maybe, but to just come and tear the dog away from a family that had bonded with the dog because of someone else's mistake and not give them a chance to adopt the dog on their own because of the children is a little ridiculous.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a load of hyped up tripe. Lordy anyone would think it was an invasion by nukes the fuss being made.

I love dogs but jeez..cannot believe this has dominated US gossip for days and days.
  • asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    ha ha....it could only happen in america.

should just check the new adoptive family and then make a decision.

they were probably making an example of ellen tbh and were using it to get some free publicity.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stewing wrote: »
    What a load of hyped up tripe. Lordy anyone would think it was an invasion by nukes the fuss being made.

I love dogs but jeez..cannot believe this has dominated US gossip for days and days.

LOL! I know its incredible. :D :eek: