Options

3view - Take a look at this Freeview HD box (merged)

Comments

• Options
    Bob1942Bob1942 Posts: 1,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This should ruffle a few feathers,& I was accused of moaning, I think the phrase is "I told you so!"
    If they've been shipping very limited numbers why no messages of joy from anyone who's got one?

The delivery is most likely to be next week now. I know we had stated that everyone would get their boxes by the 27th but they have been shipping in very limited numbers so far, so we will have to extend the deadline by a few more days. Sorry about that.

The box will come with BBC iPlayer as standard, we were just asked to remove the logo from our website by BBC until all the legal terms are agreed on. It may be that BBC iPlayer will not be available straight away but as soon as the legal side is settled (should be any time now) it will all be down to a software update.

Kind Regards,

Maria
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    Bob1942
    Is this a statement/communication to you from 3view?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    timo wrote: »
    Bob1942
    Is this a statement/communication to you from 3view?

Copy of an email just posted on 3views facebook as an answer to someone who emailed 3view
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    Bob1942 wrote: »
    Copy of an email just posted on 3views facebook as an answer to someone who emailed 3view

Thanks. But Oh dear. I want to scream. Perhaps I'll be one of the lucky few. Wont hold my breath.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    timo wrote: »
    Thanks. But Oh dear. I want to scream. Perhaps I'll be one of the lucky few. Wont hold my breath.

If only they'd stop giving exact dates,should have learnt their lesson since March/April mistakes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    :(:(:(:(:(:( :confused::confused:

Is this really serious? I know that if I don't receive an update before the 27th advising its late and it doesn't arrive on the 27th, I will DEFINITELY cancel my order.

I still believe I'll get mine on time as I would like to think 3view are in control of the situation and are managing their suppliers/manufacturers appropriately now after the mishaps of earlier this year and don't believe they would be rude or amateur enough to let ANOTHER 'guaranteed' deadline slip. I have John Donovan's word after all, this is a great product I have so far been extremely patient to wait for with money put aside.

Come on 3view!! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    I just got this from 3view.

"Most customers will be getting their boxes next week. This week there are limited deliveries to some beta-testers and a few customers only."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Prog wrote: »

"Most customers will be getting their boxes next week. This week there are limited deliveries to some beta-testers and a few customers only."

Was that from Maria? I thought the 4 or so people on this forum were the beta testers

If production has started why is it so slow? This looks like a couple assembled each day
    Hand made could be quicker
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Was that from Maria?
    It was indeed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    QUESTION FOR THE WIZZ KIDS HERE

If I use a pair of Homeplugs,coming free with the 3view, for the 3view(if & when it appears) can I use a third Homeplug for my Humax? which has been delivered as promised.Can channels be changed to stop conflict between 3 Homeplugs?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 336
    Forum Member

"guaranteed" hmmm 3 view I dont think that word means what you think it means....:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why are they giving this information out on Facebook? They have our email addresses after all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gcpete wrote: »
    "guaranteed" hmmm 3 view I dont think that word means what you think it means....:rolleyes:

Mabe it's a translation from Hungarian!
  • Options
    Forum Member

If I use a pair of Homeplugs,coming free with the 3view, for the 3view(if & when it appears) can I use a third Homeplug for my Humax? which has been delivered as promised.Can channels be changed to stop conflict between 3 Homeplugs?

yep you can use them provided they are all of the same speed. You will need to change the passwords to all be the same, then both your machines will be on the same network and it is possible that both machines should see each other and you can stream recordings from one to the other (depending on the Humax features now or in the future and the arrival of the 3view of course)

peter
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    samiam wrote: »
    Why are they giving this information out on Facebook? They have our email addresses after all.

3view are giving this reason if you email them,lets see what John Donovans apology will say:eek:
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    Another promised deadline that won't be met.

Turns out these 3view boxes are as elusive as a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yep you can use them provided they are all of the same speed. You will need to change the passwords to all be the same, then both your machines will be on the same network and it is possible that both machines should see each other and you can stream recordings from one to the other (depending on the Humax features now or in the future and the arrival of the 3view of course)

peter

Thank you but If their on same network wouldn't there be conflict if I tried to go online from both PVRs at the same time?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I received an email today from Maria. I am getting mine delivered tomorrow.

GG
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thank you but If their on same network wouldn't there be conflict if I tried to go online from both PVRs at the same time?

nope, you can have as many things as you want, your router/adsl modem/whatever will make sure that the right bits get to the right places. Here we have a wii, a ps3 and 2 laptops on a mixture of wireless and homeplug.

2 pvrs i'm jealous!!

peter
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Great news!

Can I pop round and have a go? :)
  • Options
    cp2cp2 Posts: 957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Re BobCat1942 query on Homeplugs

Are the two PVRs near to each other? If so you should be able to use the same HomePlug by adding a network switch. You would just need a network cable between the Homeplug and the network switch and a network cable for each device you connect to the network switch. The switch I use cost £8.10 from Amazon.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member

GG
    YIPPY and keep everything crossed GG,and a few hail mary's would not go amiss. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2 pvrs i'm jealous!!

peter

You'd better sit down,total will be 4 & a Sky box if & when 3view surfaces!
  • Options
    andyhurleyandyhurley Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Assuming the Humax and 3view were in the same room why would you bother? Surely a little 4 port hub would be cheaper and less complicated?

That said though, you can have multiple homeplugs on the same network, it's part of the spec.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cp2 wrote: »
    Re Bob1942 query on Homeplugs

Are the two PVRs near to each other? If so you should be able to use the same HomePlug by adding a network switch. You would just need a network cable between the Homeplug and the network switch and a network cable for each device you connect to the network switch. The switch I use cost £8.10 from Amazon.

They will be when 3view delivers,is the network switch automatic or manual switching?