Options

Anyone here ever worked for Ladbrokes?

rawmanrawman Posts: 604
Forum Member
✭✭
Got offered a job as a cashier. Not a big deal, but will I likely have to work all 52 Saturdays of the year? I'd at least like to still be able to go to the football once a month or so on a Saturday...

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    dofferdoffer Posts: 2,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I worked for Ladbrokes many years ago and Saturdays off were very rare (which is understandable as it is by far the busiest day of the week, betting wise). One Saturday a month off? Well unless things have changed to any great extent over the years, I think you'll be lucky.
  • Options
    floozie_21floozie_21 Posts: 3,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My sister worked for them recently and she didn't really get much of a say as to when her shifts were to be honest. You'll probably find you'll have to work many Saturdays.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Even Christmas Day :eek:
  • Options
    rawmanrawman Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah shoot. The job is full-time right enough so I can save up some cash for Uni next year, I'm clinging to the hope they might give me the odd Saturday off since the part-timers seem to take these jobs for the extra weekend work.
  • Options
    cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even Christmas Day :eek:

It's the only day of the year when bookies are shut.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dont worry....

You wont be expected to work every saturday

I would expect you may get 1 saturday off a month may be even 2

But people are right...in that the weekends are often the busier periods for any bookie

But whether you work for W Hill, Corals or Ladbrokes...you will get some Saturdays off...and dont forget Annual leave!!!

I imagine you'll have 20 days off a year too (standard)

My brother works at a bookie...and he says its soo easy and chilled but can be a bit boring at times (although i guess if its only a year or so, you can handle that)

Good luck x