Asking people for money

2»

Comments

• UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My brother hasn't been in touch with my dad for a few years since he borrowed a few thousand from him to pay for a swimming pool.

When my dad was taken ill recently and had to spend a few weeks in hospital my brother phoned him to see whether Dad would be needing his timeshare next year as my brother and sister-in-law needed a cheap (free) holiday to cheer them up.

I guess if you don't ask you don't get but some people don't half take the piss.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bleuh111 wrote: »
    Be honest - this didn't happen, did it?
    It sounds very much (in fact, almost exactly) like an urban legend I've heard before, which I think is based on a real event, except the lucky waitress was in the USA and the ticket was a jackpot, not a lower-band prize.

when i worked in a newsagent id have a bit of banter with the punters and sometimes be offered half their winnings , when they came to collect i was given anything from 1 pound to 300 which i refused but got 50 and a box of chocs instead, he was one of my regulars though
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    If I won the lottery I would stay completely anonymous. There may be an anonymous donation or two made to my mum or a couple of close friends' bank accounts however...
  • BiancaLDNBiancaLDN Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    when i worked in a newsagent id have a bit of banter with the punters and sometimes be offered half their winnings , when they came to collect i was given anything from 1 pound to 300 which i refused but got 50 and a box of chocs instead, he was one of my regulars though

In a newsagent? Do you mean a bookies?
  • jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    Ralziel wrote: »
    If I won the lottery I would stay completely anonymous. There may be an anonymous donation or two made to my mum or a couple of close friends' bank accounts however...

Same here...I know a couple who won the lottery and had their photo's splashed all over the local papers. I would definately stay anonymous.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BiancaLDN wrote: »
    In a newsagent? Do you mean a bookies?

no i meant newsagents people doing the lottery always promised to come back if they won