HOW to Save Emmerdale - The BIG PLAN

CJWALKERCJWALKER Posts: 545
Forum Member
✭✭
Since Emmerdale is facing a massive decline of late here is A PLAN to save Emmerdale

AXE
Diane, Cain, Nikhil, Jai, Jackson, Brenda, Faye, Ryan, Katie and Andy

Bring back, Kim and Zoe!
Kim Tate returns to the dales under a false identity (and with dark hair) and starts dating Declan! Shes determined to get Home Farm back

Alan Turner gets in touch with Zoe tate who, vengeful, returns to Emmerdale to expose Kim!

Introduce a new landlady to the Woolpack.

Mia Henshaw
mid 50's, loves pink and bright colours, uber tanned, shes just returned from spain after her beloved bar was closed down! She injects a bit of life into the village!

Make Hazel the new Post mistress

After Jacksons death Hazel contemplates leaving the village! But Bob doesnt want to uproot his children!

Hazel decides to give running the Post office a go, putting her into competition with Brenda!

Brenda leaves

Aaron Happy for once

Aaron gets close to one of Jacksons oldest friends and they start a relationship

JUST a few ideas!

Anyone got any other suggestions?

Comments

• ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    I wish they kept Nicola & Jimmy in the woolpack - i thought they injected new life into the pub - but they went with the safe route and kept Diane in there.
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Give flaming Victoria Sugden a proper story!
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ::Adam:: wrote: »
    I wish they kept Nicola & Jimmy in the woolpack - i thought they injected new life into the pub - but they went with the safe route and kept Diane in there.

I completely agree. Jimmy would make a great long-term landlord for the Woolie. The only thing they did wrong was to make Nico go a bit mental with trying to change everything. That was just plain annoying.
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does it need saving?

All of a sudden there are so many posts going on and on about how it is flagging etc. and I haven't seen that. Okay so the Aaron, Jackson story is getting a bit tedious but heaven's sake it is still really rather good and I watch it all the time.

The acting is superb and most of the storylines are very realistic.

We just need a new big storyline to come on. I am quite enjoying the JAi, Chrity, Faye, cain storyline at the moment.
  • JustJanetnoJohnJustJanetnoJohn Posts: 323
    Forum Member
    No way I'd go loopy if I didn't get to see the scrumpy Nikhil in Emmerdale, 2 words p*ss off.:mad:
  • EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member
    It doesn't need saving at all and is still going strong.

And God no please don't put Jimmy and Nicola back in the Woolpack. That didn't work at all and Diane belongs there. :cool:
  • The Queen VicThe Queen Vic Posts: 5,775
    Forum Member
    Diane is one of my favourites, she should stay!

I think bringimg back Kim Tate would be genius!
  • jude007jude007 Posts: 2,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJWALKER wrote: »
    Since Emmerdale is facing a massive decline of late here is A PLAN to save Emmerdale

AXE

Bring back, Kim and Zoe!
    Kim Tate returns to the dales under a false identity (and with dark hair) and starts dating Declan! Shes determined to get Home Farm back

Alan Turner gets in touch with Zoe tate who, vengeful, returns to Emmerdale to expose Kim!

Mia Henshaw
    mid 50's, loves pink and bright colours, uber tanned, shes just returned from spain after her beloved bar was closed down! She injects a bit of life into the village!

After Jacksons death Hazel contemplates leaving the village! But Bob doesnt want to uproot his children!

Hazel decides to give running the Post office a go, putting her into competition with Brenda!

Brenda leaves

Aaron Happy for once

Aaron gets close to one of Jacksons oldest friends and they start a relationship

JUST a few ideas!

Emmerdale doesn't need saving

What's the point of bringing back old characters. They have gone - move on
  • sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Viewing figures for Jan 2010 & 2011

avg viewers 2010 = 8.25m / 2011 = 8.12m

avg audience share 2010 = 34.4% / 2011 = 35.3%

stats taken from DS figures

Whilst its viewer number is down slightly it has actually increased its share of the audience.

I'd hardly call that a massive decline!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And of course the Wylde storyline climaxed in January last year whereas this month was quieter.

OP, no way should Nikhil, Jai, Cain, Diane or Katie be axed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

AXE

Bring back, Kim and Zoe!

Mia Henshaw

Brenda leaves

Aaron Happy for once

JUST a few ideas!

Purely in your opinion, of course ;):)
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although I admitted that is hasn't got the same quality it did this time last year and has got a bit lame in areas its not dead in the water, they just need to uses their actors better and flesh out the storylines a bit more, like what happened all of a sudden with Holly's drug storyline it was prominent and now its hardly featured at all...

They need to use Victoria more she a great little actress but she been M.I.A for the last year or so hardly featured at all, I would love to see Daz returned and make the Sugdens a bigger family again.

I like Aaron as a character he was superb last year but he just seems to have stalled since then, Jackson paralysed is becoming quite tedious in place, maybe they need to feature a euthanasia type of story for Jackson to speed this plot up a bit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,664
    Forum Member
    git rid of diane, cain and jackson? no way diane is a great foil for her sister and a brill barmaid, cain is the local nutter and is interesting, and jackson is funny and the story with him is just getting started.
  • Auds77Auds77 Posts: 1,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rbdcay wrote: »
    Does it need saving?

My thoughts exactly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 494
    Forum Member
    It doesn't need "saving", just because you don't like some of the newer characters and story's it doesn't mean it's declining because it quite clearly isn't.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Maceys at Home Farm just have to go there like background characters right now nothing interesting about them and very boring a new family like the Wyldes is needed in Home Farm!
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ::Adam:: wrote: »

Agreed

OP, the show doesn't need saving: Anita Turner got the push some time ago:D

I wouldn't mind Zoe Tate returning, but I would prefer new characters (preferably without the surname Dingle)...leave the habit of dragging back old characters to the likes of EE..
  • pinna65pinna65 Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    No way should Jackson go.. He should have a miracle recovery in my eyes ;(

Think its really good at the moment and no way does it need saving.. The comic acting is fantastic and at least its not so "cut your wrists" like Eastenders depression soap...

:)
  • gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure Emmerdale needs saving - it's still doing pretty well for itself.

The Maceys are taking a bit of time settling into Home Farm but then the Wyldes were a tough act to follow.

I think the Woolpack needs somthing. I like Diane, but she needs someone to 'bounce' off - it was good when she worked with Val behind the bar. Maybe if Rodney could buy into the pub and they run it together....?

I'm not a great one for 'returnees' (Cain and Charity are still brilliant characters, but they lack the edge they had first time round). Despite that, I'd personally love to see Paul Lambert back in the village - I thought he was a good, well-rounded character and it it would be nice to have an older gay character in the village.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Maceys at Home Farm just have to go there like background characters right now nothing interesting about them and very boring a new family like the Wyldes is needed in Home Farm!

Don't be absurd, they've not even had their first storyline yet. Don't write them off so quickly.
  • LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kim returning under a false identity, with dark hair masking her identity? Yes. That's entirely believable. It's a pesky beast is that hair dye.

I will be first to admit that as a huge ED fan, it's been a slow start to 2011 (Lisa's rape aside which has been great) but the show does not need saving. I think it just shows that certain characters are more capable of carrying the show than others and just right at this minute, a few of the weaker ones are at the fore.
  • ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    Massive decline? :eek:
    How rude. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boot Jackson and his scenes of repeating himself over. and over. and over. :yawn:
  • alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    Boot Jackson,his mum can stay:) and that flaming D.C whats his name, i can't stand him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boot Jackson,his mum can stay:) and that flaming D.C whats his name, i can't stand him.

Henshall? oh he won't be long now thank god for that, miss marple that he works with has FINALLY realised he's seeing katie :yawn: